• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 CFB season

Started by LRRandy, July 27, 2017, 02:09:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LRRandy

Quote from: Longfellow on September 03, 2017, 08:50:28 pm
Indiana?
pretty big difference. Indiana didn't have a chance to tie the game on the last drive. Purdue has been one of the lowest ranked power 5 teams the last five years. Ohio State won by 28 after battling through rust and a fired up home conference team.

Actually really just gigging you. First game rust for lots of teams this week. Jackson still put up big numbers and Bobby got his win.

LRRandy

aTm just gagged away a 34 point third quarter lead. Yeah, that should dispel the Chavis is a defensive genius talk.

beach bum

Quote from: LRRandy on September 03, 2017, 10:23:33 pm
aTm just gagged away a 34 point third quarter lead. Yeah, that should dispel the Chavis is a defensive genius talk.

In all fairness very few teams are capable of coming back like that.... UCLA being one of them because you have to have an elite QB to make a big comeback like that. Rosen is a stud. But exactly how do you choke a lead like that no matter who the other team is?? That was insane.

sevenof400

Quote from: LRRandy on September 03, 2017, 10:23:33 pm

That may have been among the most beautiful things I've ever witnessed.
And now, an A&M regent is openly calling for Sumlin's job.  Things are getting interesting in College Station. 

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on September 03, 2017, 06:45:10 pm
Florida State QB Deondre Francois is out for the season after tearing his patella tendon in last night's loss to Alabama.

I hate that for him. He's a really tough kid and will rehab like crazy to be ready to go next year. Now we have to depend on a true freshman. Granted, he's a great athlete and can sling it, but there will be some growing pains. Thankfully, the defense is filthy, and we'll lean on them and the stable of 4 and 5* backs to carry the load.

LRRandy

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 04, 2017, 11:17:27 am
That may have been among the most beautiful things I've ever witnessed.
And now, an A&M regent is openly calling for Sumlin's job.  Things are getting interesting in College Station.
those are the type of comebacks ( collapses ) that make college football so fun. Sumlin may just be gone by the hog game.

LRRandy

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 04, 2017, 11:49:40 am
I hate that for him. He's a really tough kid and will rehab like crazy to be ready to go next year. Now we have to depend on a true freshman. Granted, he's a great athlete and can sling it, but there will be some growing pains. Thankfully, the defense is filthy, and we'll lean on them and the stable of 4 and 5* backs to carry the load.
I agree with you about the injury. It stinks.

beach bum

With the stoppage of clock on every first down in the college game and the hurry up offense no 2 score lead is safe until just a couple minutes are left on the clock..... Some of these games have insane momentum swings because the shear number of plays ran on each side. NC State ran 98 plays on South Carolina. That would have been unheard of 20 years ago.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Legitimate contender on September 04, 2017, 10:09:25 pm
Ga.Tech,is running all over Tennessee.the option is a beautiful site when it's ran to perfection, 409 yards to this point.

Very surprised Tennessee got back into that game and won.

LRRandy

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on September 05, 2017, 10:14:36 am
Very surprised Tennessee got back into that game and won.
G Tech dominated the game with their clock controlling ground game( over 500 yards rushing). Tenn hit big pass plays to stay in the game and then go ahead. Gutsy move going for 2 by G Tech coach. Tenn running back was tough to bring down. A win is a win but Vol fans should be concerned about their defense.

Longfellow

Miami cancels game against Arkansas State due to travel concerns from the hurricane

LRRandy

Quote from: Longfellow on September 06, 2017, 07:55:10 am
Miami cancels game against Arkansas State due to travel concerns from the hurricane
I just saw that. That's a shame for the AState folks but what is headed toward Florida is an even bigger deal.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: LRRandy on September 06, 2017, 10:02:48 am
I just saw that. That's a shame for the AState folks but what is headed toward Florida is an even bigger deal.

Multiple amenities and flight plans were given to Miami from ASU in an effort to try and play the game. But to no avail. I get it, It's just unfortunate.

Chief_Osceola™

Maybe now that they are not making the trip to Jonesboro, they can afford to finance their indoor practice facility without having to keep the GoFundMe account.

BigLion10

I just don't get why Miami wouldn't play the game and get out of harms way. They could stay next week somewhere in Arkansas and prepare for Florida State who knows where they will have to practice down there

LRRandy

Quote from: BigLion10 on September 06, 2017, 02:04:47 pm
I just don't get why Miami wouldn't play the game and get out of harms way. They could stay next week somewhere in Arkansas and prepare for Florida State who knows where they will have to practice down there
that's kind of what I thought too.

mtindian42

Jonesboro was on fire for this ball game!!! its a shame they want get it

Miami had a good reason tho not to come

Longfellow

Lamar Jackson goes for 525 total yards and 6 tds. This kid is unreal

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on September 09, 2017, 02:20:06 pm
Lamar Jackson goes for 525 total yards and 6 tds. This kid is unreal

If Louisville had a defense they would be terrifying to play. I swear I look away 15 minutes of real time and 3 scores for Louisville just like that and they have the game wrapped up. It's nothing for them to score 3 TD's and only 6 minutes of game time go off the clock. They may go cold in stretches but I don't think any goes that hot that quickly either.

Longfellow

Quote from: beach bum on September 09, 2017, 05:30:13 pm
If Louisville had a defense they would be terrifying to play. I swear I look away 15 minutes of real time and 3 scores for Louisville just like that and they have the game wrapped up. It's nothing for them to score 3 TD's and only 6 minutes of game time go off the clock. They may go cold in stretches but I don't think any goes that hot that quickly either.
This team is still benefitting on the defensive side of the ball from the last couple of Charlie Strong recruiting cycles, but they graduated a lot of talent from one of last year's best defenses. And they graduated 4 of their top 5 receivers and the leading rusher outside of Lamar Jackson. Next week against Clemson will tell us everything we need to know about where Louisville stands

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on September 09, 2017, 05:41:33 pm
This team is still benefitting on the defensive side of the ball from the last couple of Charlie Strong recruiting cycles, but they graduated a lot of talent from one of last year's best defenses. And they graduated 4 of their top 5 receivers and the leading rusher outside of Lamar Jackson. Next week against Clemson will tell us everything we need to know about where Louisville stands

Sheesh, I didn't know Clemson has to play Auburn and Louisville back to back. If you ever had the right time to play Clemson it's coming off playing the Auburn defense.

sevenof400

Quote from: Longfellow on September 09, 2017, 05:41:33 pm

I'm not going to be very convinced that a QB is really good by his performances against UNC and Purdue.   

Longfellow

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 09, 2017, 05:58:41 pm
I'm not going to be very convinced that a QB is really good by his performances against UNC and Purdue.
Yea Heisman trophy winners usually aren't very impressive

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on September 09, 2017, 06:28:14 pm

That is kind of what I was thinking. There is usually 1 or 2 players each season that make the teams they play against look like its a high school game they are in how easy they make it look. He is one of those players. He literally runs circles around some teams like you see in high school or junior high ball. He is that good.

FoxandHound34

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 09, 2017, 05:58:41 pm
oh yea I'm sure a RB who plays FAMU or Texas State is more deserving

WPWells

Ohio State and Notre Dame just lost on the same night. I love it.

LRRandy

Quote from: WPWells on September 09, 2017, 10:23:04 pm
Ohio State and Notre Dame just lost on the same night. I love it.
that's one of the things that makes college football so much fun. Even if your team has a rough day there is usually the  silver lining of a team that you dislike taking it on the chin. Now if we can just find someone to land an uppercut on Bama.

sevenof400

Quote from: Longfellow on September 09, 2017, 06:28:14 pm

Guess what - there are some Heisman Trophy winner who were not that impressive and Jackson is one of them.  Racking up big numbers against overmatched opponents does not make a Heisman candidate in my opinion and that is what Jackson did last year.  Not to mention the fact he really stunk in the last three games - all losses - last year. 

Longfellow

Is it because he doesn't play in the SEC?

WPWells

I'm very impressed with Memphis so far.

LRRandy

LRRandy

Purdue has opened up a SAMs club deluxe size can of whoopin on  Mizzou. First half. Mizzou has an offense that could get back in the game against woeful Purdue.

beach bum

Quote from: LRRandy on September 16, 2017, 04:26:19 pm
Purdue has opened up a SAMs club deluxe size can of whoopin on  Mizzou. First half. Mizzou has an offense that could get back in the game against woeful Purdue.

The bottom of the SEC is absolutely awful... If Arkansas wins anything less than 6 games that is absolutely pathetic. Mizzou and Texas A&M are god awful and we have them both on our schedule.

bdubyab60

Florida just pulled TEnners heart out and stomped on it

bdubyab60

Probably saved Mcelwains job cause Florida is bad offensively.

beach bum

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 16, 2017, 06:08:35 pm

Butch Jones is toast just like Sumlin..... South Carolina is pretty dang good and Tennessee still has Georgia, LSU, and Alabama on their schedule. Had they not pulled a win out of their behind against Georgia Tech they would have finished 6-6. If he goes 7-5 he is gone in Knoxville.

beach bum

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 16, 2017, 06:11:24 pm
Probably saved Mcelwains job cause Florida is bad offensively.

I seriously can't believe how bad they have been on offense the last 5 years. They probably could have challenged Alabama once or twice in that time span had they known what any offense is in Gainesville with how good their defense has been.

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on September 16, 2017, 06:12:02 pm
Butch Jones is toast just like Sumlin..... South Carolina is pretty dang good and Tennessee still has Georgia, LSU, and Alabama on their schedule. Had they not pulled a win out of their behind against Georgia Tech they would have finished 6-6. If he goes 7-5 he is gone in Knoxville.
A lot of coaches in the SEC are close to the door.

Anyone wanna bet Mcelwain cries again sometime this year

bdubyab60

But both those teams botched the end of that game.

LRRandy

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 16, 2017, 06:08:35 pm
I loved it. Miserable game. Glad UF won

bdubyab60

Quote from: LRRandy on September 16, 2017, 06:48:24 pm
I loved it. Miserable game. Glad UF won
Yeah it was a tough one to watch. TN losing a plus. Even in victory Florida coach looked like someone shot his dog lol

LSU and MSU after a scoreless first half may turn in to a track meet

beach bum

Anyone else seeing Miss State probably about to beat LSU?? I looked at Miss State's schedule and if they can split with Auburn and Georgia coming up they should be sitting at 8-1 going into the Alabama game. Mullens is proving he is the second best coach in the SEC. He does so much with the players he is given in Starkville. He never has two bad years in row either.

LRRandy

Quote from: beach bum on September 16, 2017, 08:17:07 pm
Anyone else seeing Miss State probably about to beat LSU?? I looked at Miss State's schedule and if they can split with Auburn and Georgia coming up they should be sitting at 8-1 going into the Alabama game. Mullens is proving he is the second best coach in the SEC. He does so much with the players he is given in Starkville. He never has two bad years in row either.
they are making LSU look bad. No discipline by LSU. Is that the mark of an Orgeron coached team?

beach bum

Quote from: LRRandy on September 16, 2017, 08:51:11 pm
they are making LSU look bad. No discipline by LSU. Is that the mark of an Orgeron coached team?

I almost feel bad for the guy cause he was paid so little by SEC power standards with such little financial ramifications if he is fired that if they have a couple lackluster seasons they might can him after 2 years even.

WPWells

Petrino choking another one off :)

beach bum

Clemson has just thoroughly impressed me. It appears they have just reloaded. The game I watched them against Auburn they are just so massive and fast on defense and they have a QB in place again that looks like he can handle the big games like Watson. It's crazy how well they have recruited the last 5 or 6 years.

WPWells

Clemson is going back to back.

Remember when Dabo Swinney wanted the Arkansas job and instead we hired Bielema?

beach bum

Quote from: WPWells on September 16, 2017, 10:42:42 pm
Clemson is going back to back.

Remember when Dabo Swinney wanted the Arkansas job and instead we hired Bielema?

Me and you are on the same page.... I am taking Clemson and that defense. No one is beating them in the regular season.

LRRandy

What was it Vandy was saying about wanting Bama? Be careful what you wish for.

beach bum

Quote from: LRRandy on September 23, 2017, 04:05:45 pm
What was it Vandy was saying about wanting Bama? Be careful what you wish for.

The whole stadium is red in Nashville....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas