• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 CFB season

Started by LRRandy, July 27, 2017, 02:09:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Chief_Osceola™

WPWells

Memphis is up by 7 at the half on UCF. Let's go Tigers!

beach bum

Quote from: WPWells on December 02, 2017, 12:44:53 pm
Memphis is up by 7 at the half on UCF. Let's go Tigers!

What a wild game.... Just converted 4th and long in double OT. I say they go for 2 point if they get the TD here.

beach bum

UCF with the pick... game over. Now they're headed to a big time bowl without their coach cause he is headed back home to Nebraska.

bdubyab60

Was an exciting game. If Norvell is the hire we better be in the market to pay for a good DC as well.

I would hope Frost told his team before the game. If not it should be a fun locker room and presser after the game

Romeo

Scott Frost has come a long way since having to hold back Legarratte Blount from killing Boise State fans.

beach bum

Quote from: Romeo on December 02, 2017, 07:15:11 pm
Scott Frost has come a long way since having to hold back Legarratte Blount from killing Boise State fans.

Nebraska knows he isn't afraid to take on tough challenges then...

beach bum

If the Buckeyes narrowly hold on we will see this below.... If the Badgers pull it out put Wisconsin at 4 and Bama out

1.Clemson
4.Alabama

2.Oklahoma
3.Georgia

beach bum

Neither one of these Big Ten teams are national champion caliber.... Please hold on Ohio State so we can see a Clemson/Bama rematch.... Alabama is getting some of their defensive depth healthy if they get the 4 spot.

BigLion10

Looks like a Bama Clemson rematch in the semis, and OU Georgia in the other one

VHSCoach2

The Committee will somehow finagle Georgia to be #4 and Alabama #3 to avoid the Clemson/Alabama game in the semi-finals.

WPWells

UCF should get the fourth spot

VHSCoach2

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on December 03, 2017, 09:34:18 am
The Committee will somehow finagle Georgia to be #4 and Alabama #3 to avoid the Clemson/Alabama game in the semi-finals.

Well, I was wrong.

Semifinals will be #1 Clemson vs. #4 Alabama in the Sugar Bowl and #2 Oklahoma vs. #3 Georgia (first ever meeting between the schools) in the Rose Bowl.

beach bum

Who you all have on Monday? I have it like this....

Alabama 24 Clemson 17- I think this will be quite low scoring and I think Saban is going to slow this one down. I think we will all be shocked if this is a double digit game either way. I think Alabama getting a little healthier on defense with this lay off benefits them tremendously.

Georgia 49 Oklahoma 21- I think we are about to see a statement here. I am by no means an SEC homer. I have been the one dogging the SEC for its play overall the last two years. But I just think Georgia is going to run all over the OU defense who sees nothing like this in the Big 12 when it comes to the running game for Georgia. After a 17 point lead or so Baker Mayfield will be running around against the UGA pass rush coming after him over and over not letting OU get in any flow.

LRRandy

Quote from: beach bum on December 27, 2017, 06:09:28 pm
Who you all have on Monday? I have it like this....

Alabama 24 Clemson 17- I think this will be quite low scoring and I think Saban is going to slow this one down. I think we will all be shocked if this is a double digit game either way. I think Alabama getting a little healthier on defense with this lay off benefits them tremendously.

Georgia 49 Oklahoma 21- I think we are about to see a statement here. I am by no means an SEC homer. I have been the one dogging the SEC for its play overall the last two years. But I just think Georgia is going to run all over the OU defense who sees nothing like this in the Big 12 when it comes to the running game for Georgia. After a 17 point lead or so Baker Mayfield will be running around against the UGA pass rush coming after him over and over not letting OU get in any flow.
these games will be interesting to watch. This isn't the same Bama team that has rolled through college football the last several years. Their schedule is suspect. They don't have a win against a top team. They still have elite level players and tuscalucifer at the helm so I expect them to be a stiff test for Clemson. Bama is capable of winning but I think Clemson does.

If your narrative plays out Georgia should win easily against Oklahoma. If it's a shootout then I would have to go with Baker Mayfield out gunning the Georgia freshman QB. Can the sooner defense contain the bulldog running attack? That's the key to the game

beach bum

Quote from: LRRandy on December 28, 2017, 11:02:43 am
these games will be interesting to watch. This isn't the same Bama team that has rolled through college football the last several years. Their schedule is suspect. They don't have a win against a top team. They still have elite level players and tuscalucifer at the helm so I expect them to be a stiff test for Clemson. Bama is capable of winning but I think Clemson does.

If your narrative plays out Georgia should win easily against Oklahoma. If it's a shootout then I would have to go with Baker Mayfield out gunning the Georgia freshman QB. Can the sooner defense contain the bulldog running attack? That's the key to the game

I agree... I think that Georgia needs to keep the OU score within reason. UGA does not want a shootout. And that Bama vs Clemson game is going to be a slugfest.

LRRandy

Quote from: beach bum on December 28, 2017, 11:07:51 am
I agree... I think that Georgia needs to keep the OU score within reason. UGA does not want a shootout. And that Bama vs Clemson game is going to be a slugfest.
that Clemson d line is just a bunch of monsters. It is what allowed the offense time to grow and get established with so many new pieces.

WPWells

I think Georgia wins bigly, and I think Clemson also makes a dynastic statement by 14+

LRRandy

Quote from: WPWells on December 28, 2017, 01:42:23 pm
I think Georgia wins bigly, and I think Clemson also makes a dynastic statement by 14+
I'm still not sure about the Ga OU game but I'm hoping that you are right about Clemson. One of my favorite sights is the camera panning the Alabama fans at a game when the  inevitability of defeat sets in. ( much like you find joy in my sorrow 😀)

WPWells

I've grown to hate Alabama almost as much as I hate Ohio State. Also, my dad did his graduate degree at Clemson, so when they're playing I pull out my Tiger Rag and cheer them on (unless they happen to be playing Arkansas)

beach bum

Bama and UGA better carry the torch for the SEC cause the middle of the pack SEC is looking quite vanilla in the bowl games for the third year in a row. The Mizzou offense was deemed inept against an average Texas team. Wake Forest scoring 55 on an SEC team speaks for itself. And Northwestern is not allowing Kentucky to do really anything right now.

HorseFeathers

You use vanilla like it's a bad flavor? Why not use an actual bad flavor like Rocky road or neopolitan(dang indecisive people) ?

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 29, 2017, 08:06:12 pm
You use vanilla like it's a bad flavor? Why not use an actual bad flavor like Rocky road or neopolitan(dang indecisive people) ?

Vanilla good.... Neopolitan yuck!

RATTLER43

Quote from: beach bum on December 29, 2017, 05:11:03 pm
Bama and UGA better carry the torch for the SEC cause the middle of the pack SEC is looking quite vanilla in the bowl games for the third year in a row. The Mizzou offense was deemed inept against an average Texas team. Wake Forest scoring 55 on an SEC team speaks for itself. And Northwestern is not allowing Kentucky to do really anything right now.

SEC has stunk up the place...   But I am happy for UCF.  Undefeated is tough to accomplish.

sevenof400

Words to warm Randy's heart from ESPN:

Quote....The Big Ten's chance at a perfect bowl season died at the hands of a bumbling Michigan offense....

LRRandy

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 01, 2018, 04:26:32 pm
Words to warm Randy's heart from ESPN:
amen brother. Conference pride has no place at my home. When those ugly helmets are on the field we want them to lose.

VHSCoach2

RATTLER43

Quote from: RATTLER43 on January 01, 2018, 03:57:26 pm
SEC has stunk up the place...   But I am happy for UCF.  Undefeated is tough to accomplish.

...yet, even in a truly down year by SEC standards, two SEC teams are in playoff and at least one in the title game.  SEC tough by Georgia.

Valleysports

Quote from: RATTLER43 on January 01, 2018, 08:21:12 pm
...yet, even in a truly down year by SEC standards, two SEC teams are in playoff and at least one in the title game.  SEC tough by Georgia.

All bowls, other than playoff bowls, are just participation awards.  Some teams don't have coaches, other don't play NFL bound seniors, they're like exhibition games.  What bowl did Ohio State get in this year - when do they play?

LRRandy

Quote from: Valleysports on January 01, 2018, 11:12:24 pm
All bowls, other than playoff bowls, are just participation awards.  Some teams don't have coaches, other don't play NFL bound seniors, they're like exhibition games.  What bowl did Ohio State get in this year - when do they play?
I would minimize the bowls also if I only had a few teams that could win games. BTW I think your third best team had its coach and players and still lost to a group of five team.

Valleysports

Quote from: LRRandy on January 02, 2018, 08:48:52 am
I would minimize the bowls also if I only had a few teams that could win games. BTW I think your third best team had its coach and players and still lost to a group of five team.

Do you watch the NIT? Yeah seriously I'm not going to look up who Ohio St beat or what Bowl they played in.  I saw you were writing yourself a congratulations, but I can't remember if you said who/where.  Go ahead - post it again - I'll note it.  Like I've always said - the Big 10 is the most evenly matched conference in college football.   

LRRandy

Quote from: Valleysports on January 02, 2018, 09:35:49 am
Do you watch the NIT? Yeah seriously I'm not going to look up who Ohio St beat or what Bowl they played in.  I saw you were writing yourself a congratulations, but I can't remember if you said who/where.  Go ahead - post it again - I'll note it.  Like I've always said - the Big 10 is the most evenly matched conference in college football.   
I love college football. I love following my team and all that goes into a season and the games. If you truly don't know who played in the New Years 6 bowl games then that just shows that you really aren't a college football fan and just a bandwagon jumping grandstander. That's fine by me it just erodes any credibility that you might have as it relates to commenting on college football.

beach bum

Quote from: Valleysports on January 01, 2018, 11:12:24 pm

I agree with this pretty much....

Valleysports

Quote from: LRRandy on January 02, 2018, 09:50:47 am
I love college football. I love following my team and all that goes into a season and the games. If you truly don't know who played in the New Years 6 bowl games then that just shows that you really aren't a college football fan and just a bandwagon jumping grandstander. That's fine by me it just erodes any credibility that you might have as it relates to commenting on college football.

Credibility? You were still saying Bama didn't deserve to be in the playoffs, last week, because according to you they haven't played anyone.  You say that every year and you end up being wrong every year.  Being a college football fan doesn't mean you have any football sense.

LRRandy

Quote from: Valleysports on January 02, 2018, 09:58:41 am
Credibility? You were still saying Bama didn't deserve to be in the playoffs, last week, because according to you they haven't played anyone.  You say that every year and you end up being wrong every year.  Being a college football fan doesn't mean you have any football sense.
Bama showed last night that they deserved to be in. Up to last night they hadn't beaten anyone with a pulse. The facts of their record is what I based my opinion on.

Valleysports

Quote from: LRRandy on January 02, 2018, 10:04:51 am
Bama showed last night that they deserved to be in. Up to last night they hadn't beaten anyone with a pulse. The facts of their record is what I based my opinion on.

Exactly - maybe next year you should look at the candidates more than the polls.  Stop judging "who has a pulse" based on rankings.  You've never given defense enough weight in your predictions.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: LRRandy on January 02, 2018, 08:48:52 am

...whose head coach is on his way out.  UCF is my national champion.  The game next week is a glorified consolation game.

sevenof400

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on January 02, 2018, 12:37:28 pm

...whose head coach is on his way out.  UCF is my national champion.  The game next week is a glorified consolation game.

And just what does the Chief's trophy look like?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 02, 2018, 01:54:26 pm
And just what does the Chief's trophy look like?

Still finalizing the designs.  Thinking about making it an annual thing.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas