• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greatest Games

Started by MR#1, July 03, 2017, 11:03:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dawg_days

Junction City at Bearden in 2007, the place was packed, I think Bearden won by 1

THA TRUTH

They won 28-6... had two tds late

Dayton Kitchens

Strong at Junction City,  playoff quarterfinals 2008.

Junction City 24-12.

Junction drove steadily down the field but fumbled at the one yard line.

However on the next play, Junctions monstrous defense which averaged allowing SIX INCHES per rushing attempt that season brought Strong running back Demetrius Ford down in the end zone for a safety and a 2-0 lead.

After taking over at the Strong 47 via the free kick,   Junction drove steadily down the field and scored touchdown and extra point to take a 9-0 lead.

But late in the second quarter,   Strong managed to put together a sustained drive with Ford scoring for a 9-6 margin at half time.

In the third quarter another sustained drive by Junction gave them a touchdown and extra point to push their lead to 16-6.

In the closing seconds of the third quarter came a play worthy of any highlight reel in the state.   Strong QB Goldsby threw a fluttering pass over the middle toward the Strong receiver who was double covered very tightly.

The Strong receiver slipped and face planted on the wet field.   As both Junction City defenders converged on the descending ball,   Strong receiver Zach Banes jumped over the prone body of his fallen teammate between both Dragon dbacks and snagged the ball for a touchdown. 

Junction led just 16-12 going into the third quarter.    Massive rain began falling throughout the fourth quarter (as it had all day before the game) but Junction City pounded out another touchdown and two point conversion to make the final 24-12

Dragonsvoice

the second round last year the Burg against des arc back and fourth game all night des arc won 34-28 but what a game. if the Burg looses that's the kind of game I wont to loose by.

Lions84

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on July 05, 2017, 04:19:38 pm
Of course, I'm a little biased maybe, but...

Rison ending Barton's 49 game win streak in state championship game.
Rison defeating Shiloh Christian with a game winning 2 pt conversion to win another state title.

Non Rison: Basil Shabazz going absolutely crazy on Texarkana in state championship game. Shabazz pretty much did whatever he wanted to.

I was at both those games and it was one of the greatest weekends of state finals I ever attended!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas