• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hootens Magazine

Started by PokeyRedskinStudentScout, June 28, 2017, 01:21:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

I got this years hootens today and I either have a misprint or some are messed up. Mine is missing 37 pages. Anyone else have a messed up one or just me?

beach bum

I know mine had a misprint for sure.... Anyone else's say Pea Ridge was the #2 team in 4A?? That had to have been a misprint. At least the 1-4A coaches know what is up and still have Prairie Grove ahead of Pea Ridge in the conference rankings.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: beach bum on June 28, 2017, 01:29:17 pm
I know mine had a misprint for sure.... Anyone else's say Pea Ridge was the #2 team in 4A?? That had to have been a misprint. At least the 1-4A coaches know what is up and still have Prairie Grove ahead of Pea Ridge in the conference rankings.
I can't even see the 1-4A rankings the while 4A rankings

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Big Fan

Sounds like another pokey fan got the abridged "discounted" 4A copy.

SUGARTOWN

Well, they were #2 in the 1-4A last year and finished #2 in the state...so it may be true again this year.  :)

beach bum

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 28, 2017, 01:42:36 pm
Well, they were #2 in the 1-4A last year and finished #2 in the state...so it may be true again this year.  :)

They got lucky with their draw... They lost to Prairie Grove and Warren from the other side and would have lost to Stuttgart and Robinson too.

AirWarren

I love irritating the little people of the 2a.

dukes424

Bahaha Beach your still hating on the Ridge I love it ;D . Some people call it buttsore- yours must really ache to be ranked below the Ridge.  We got a legit team someone did their homework to rank us second in the state, we will see if they hold up to that ranking. If we stay healthy I expect to be back at War Memorial.  I'm not gonna bash on PG I think they will have a pretty decent season. Don't forget your lifeboat on 10/13 when you come to town..

HorseFeathers

dukes424

Who is selling the magazine in the NWA area fearless people.....

whippersnapper

Picked mine up at a supercenter in Fayetteville duke

cuckoobird

Probably hard to get up there because football is irrelevant in NWA other than for themega 7a schools.

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 28, 2017, 05:54:59 pm
Probably hard to get up there because football is irrelevant in NWA other than for themega 7a schools.

Moderators can't talk like this.

dukes424

Thanks whippersnapper.  Cuckoobirds are to constipated to think clearly meaning they are full of crap. ::)

theoleballcoach

I think PG and PR are both the real deal. And although 7A does run through NWA, 3 out of 4 semifinalist say 4A may be headed that way as well. Two teams the last two years in the finals from 1-4A and another really good chance of continuing that trend this year.

prHOG13

For a fan of a team that owns Pea Ridge, you sure do have a bad case of little brother syndrome.

Do you have wandering eyes in the bathroom too?

cuckoobird

Getting the good side of the bracket doesn't mean the title runs through 1-4a. When you actually win something, get back to us

AirWarren

Cuck. We need some moderation on the 2a board.

dukes424

Getting back with ya -  there was no good side to the bracket. Nash  SC or the Ridge would have skull drilled your team last year. Maybe we will meet this year - it wouldn't matter I've noticed when your team looses there's always an excuse and your a moderator? Moderater of what kitchen cook monitor ;D

cuckoobird

Quote from: dukes424 on June 28, 2017, 09:23:15 pm
Getting back with ya -  there was no good side to the bracket. Nash  SC or the Ridge would have skull drilled your team last year. Maybe we will meet this year - it wouldn't matter I've noticed when your team looses there's always an excuse and your a moderator? Moderater of what kitchen cook monitor ;D
1. You've never seen any excuse come from my fingertips
B. We played Warren twice last year and the point spread total of both games was less than one game your team had with them. Skull drilled? Whatever that is, I think not.
D. Never make fun of anyone's occupation, I'm a proctologist btw

cuckoobird

Quote from: AirWarren on June 28, 2017, 08:47:15 pm
Cuck. We need some moderation on the 2a board.
I'll head down there and take a look. Probably end up putting the banhammer down on some snowflakes who are an embarrassment to "Merica!"

dukes424

Snowflakes - they prolly fit right along with your Special Ed comments.

cuckoobird

Making lite of occupations and now special needs people. This is your last warning ⚠️

Lionpride2017

Quote from: dukes424 on June 28, 2017, 09:59:16 pm
Snowflakes - they prolly fit right along with your Special Ed comments.

How can you sit there and make fun of Special needs. Your awful dukes just plain sick for that. Its not anything to joke about!

dukes424

Ok my bad on the special Ed comment I apologize, but what is wrong with snowflakes or what are you referring to?

Mr. Mercer

1-4A feeling their selves just a tad bit. Pea Ridge was the only Semi worthy team. Shiloh and PG played no one to get there. PG played no one outside of Pea Ridge.  That conference will be very poor this year. Enjoy last year. Pea Ridge gave you cred with the Nashville win. Playoff runs are just as much about the draw as anything else.

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

June 28, 2017, 10:36:22 pm #27 Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:38:03 pm by SOUTHWESTPOWER49
You'll have to excuse Pea Ridge and their fans. They are new to this winning thing. They probably break the huddle while yelling "dynasty" lol. They will be just like PG, Dardnelle, and many others that get a good team for a year or 2 and go back to being mediocre. It happens every time. You don't have the athletes nor the program to sustain multiple successful seasons. Its not meant for everybody. The NW is ran by Shiloh. Just like Nashville and Warren, they might have a down year every so often but people still play them like they are the number one team in the country. Thats called respect people. Look how everyone acted when Nashville lost to Pea Ridge. I knew after watching the Idabel game that they wouldn't last long. No Nashville team has ever went to state and gave up THAT MANY POINTS in a season. So when Pea Ridge won I was not shocked in the least bit. Pea Ridge thinks they can talk smack because they FINALLY made it to War Memorial. I knew Warren had that game in the bag because you guys don't know how to beat a qaulity opponent at their absolute best. To beat Warren you must make them one-dimensional. Take away their run game and make them honor the pass. Something that Nashville figured out back in 2006, 2007 and 2015. Once I saw Pea Ridge against Nashville, I knew Warren would have a field day because I knew they'd be able to run on you guys. You're not at the level of elite Pea Ridge. Its going to take more than 2 "some what" successful seasons to earn the state's respect. Just stay humble and maybe we'll invite you guys over from the kids table. Until then, just play ball...

Mr. Mercer

While I agree with you to an extent... Shiloh isn't the same Shiloh anymore. With the success off all the 7A west and other public schools it probably won't ever be the same. Recruiting regulations will also hurt that

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on June 28, 2017, 10:40:59 pm
While I agree with you to an extent... Shiloh isn't the same Shiloh anymore. With the success off all the 7A west and other public schools it probably won't ever be the same. Recruiting regulations will also hurt fans
I think eventually they'll get back to where they belong. Despite the fact that I'm from Nashville (But graduated from Arkadelphia) I might despise that team but I do respect them. Can't knock the program they have built there. But you could be right, only time will tell.

prHOG13

Quote from: SOUTHWESTPOWER49 on June 28, 2017, 10:36:22 pm
You'll have to excuse Pea Ridge and their fans. They are new to this winning thing. They probably break the huddle while yelling "dynasty" lol. They will be just like PG, Dardnelle, and many others that get a good team for a year or 2 and go back to being mediocre. It happens every time. You don't have the athletes nor the program to sustain multiple successful seasons. Its not meant for everybody. The NW is ran by Shiloh. Just like Nashville and Warren, they might have a down year every so often but people still play them like they are the number one team in the country. Thats called respect people. Look how everyone acted when Nashville lost to Pea Ridge. I knew after watching the Idabel game that they wouldn't last long. No Nashville team has ever went to state and gave up THAT MANY POINTS in a season. So when Pea Ridge won I was not shocked in the least bit. Pea Ridge thinks they can talk smack because they FINALLY made it to War Memorial. I knew Warren had that game in the bag because you guys don't know how to beat a qaulity opponent at their absolute best. To beat Warren you must make them one-dimensional. Take away their run game and make them honor the pass. Something that Nashville figured out back in 2006, 2007 and 2015. Once I saw Pea Ridge against Nashville, I knew Warren would have a field day because I knew they'd be able to run on you guys. You're not at the level of elite Pea Ridge. Its going to take more than 2 "some what" successful seasons to earn the state's respect. Just stay humble and maybe we'll invite you guys over from the kids table. Until then, just play ball...
douchechills

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

dukes424

Quote from: prHOG13 on June 28, 2017, 11:11:12 pm
douchechills
Exactly prHOG! No one thinks about a high school football team being a dynasty I think you been watching sportscenter reruns to much. For them its all about today and now, not what happened three five or ten years ago. 

cuckoobird

I wouldn't want to remember the past either if I were you

Gray lizard

One thing that always bothers me is all the talk of power house programs.  It is no doubt the talent pool is heavy down South.  The lack of discipline is also a major factor. It would not surprise me to see a team like PR step up and take a few championships.  Every year they advance in the playoffs they become more of a threat.  If they keep it up they will have a up year in talent and the discipline will be there.  That will result in a state title. 

I see many Southern teams loaded with talent consistently beat by less talented teams due to lack of discipline.  Booneville did it. There is no reason PR can't.

AirWarren

Quote from: Gray lizard on June 29, 2017, 08:51:07 am
One thing that always bothers me is all the talk of power house programs.  It is no doubt the talent pool is heavy down South.  The lack of discipline is also a major factor. It would not surprise me to see a team like PR step up and take a few championships.  Every year they advance in the playoffs they become more of a threat.  If they keep it up they will have a up year in talent and the discipline will be there.  That will result in a state title. 

I see many Southern teams loaded with talent consistently beat by less talented teams due to lack of discipline.  Booneville did it. There is no reason PR can't.

Several years ago, they did a story on Booneville. This year they did a story on Russellville.

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Quote from: Gray lizard on June 29, 2017, 08:51:07 am

You'd have a valid point if Nashville, Warren, Stuggart all didn't have as many championships and championship appearances as they have. Discipline does play a factor but when you don't have the talent to execute, it a becomes that much harder. Again, you might have a decent year or 2...maybe even 3 but you don't have the athletes to sustain it. Its not your fault. Like I said before, you're new to this, reality will sink in soon enough.

dukes424

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 29, 2017, 08:04:41 am
I wouldn't want to remember the past either if I were you
Gotta be better then yours. Maybe Heber will take it easy on ya this year.

cuckoobird

Gray lizard

Quote from: SOUTHWESTPOWER49 on June 29, 2017, 11:17:42 am
You'd have a valid point if Nashville, Warren, Stuggart all didn't have as many championships and championship appearances as they have. Discipline does play a factor but when you don't have the talent to execute, it a becomes that much harder. Again, you might have a decent year or 2...maybe even 3 but you don't have the athletes to sustain it. Its not your fault. Like I said before, you're new to this, reality will sink in soon enough.
I am not new to this and you point out the 3 schools that have had discipline and talent over the past.  What about all the other schools with D1 talent and terrible records. 
How do you explain the 2014 Clinton VS Pine Bluff Dollarway game?
I just think you will see the NW part of the state showing up deeper each year in the playoffs.  Unless the schools grow out of the 4-A. It is a social economic thing.  NW Arkansas will keep the players on the field.  A lot of the Southern schools have a hard time keeping their talent on the field. That is why most coaches want to coach North half of the State.

cuckoobird

They want to coach up there because of pay

LJ06

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 29, 2017, 12:25:02 pm

Winner winner. Why coach in the south at $50-60k a year when you could be making closer to six figures in NWA.

Gray lizard

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 29, 2017, 12:25:02 pm
Maybe because they don't want to deal with the problems that come along with the depressed areas of the State.  Lack of family leadership heck who wants to be daddy to 50 kids. the money is just a bonus.

prHOG13

Yikes

Thread is somehow getting worse.

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Quote from: Gray lizard on June 29, 2017, 12:49:55 pm
Maybe because they don't want to deal with the problems that come along with the depressed areas of the State.  Lack of family leadership heck who wants to be daddy to 50 kids. the money is just a bonus.I
What are you talking about? That's a ignorant statement to make. You do know this is ARKANSAS, right? The 2nd poorest state in all the land. You think because you live up north that your part of the 1% or something? Who's koolaid have you been sipping on?

Gray lizard

I don't live up North. I was just talking to a coach last week that just got out of coaching in Texas.  He said pay was not the first consideration for him in taking a job. The average income of the area was. 

ABC™

Coaches come to Nashville make 85k and win state titles. Best of both worlds.

Gray lizard

Quote from: ABC™ on June 29, 2017, 01:36:18 pm
Coaches come to Nashville make 85k and win state titles. Best of both worlds.
That brings up a good point.  What is the millage rate in Nashville?

cuckoobird

I wonder why price left dardenell to come to a depressing part of the state?

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Thought it was disclosed last year that he was given a gold membership to the best duck hunting lease in the Delta as part of his travel down south incentive package

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas