• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bob Stoops retiring from OU, Lincoln Riley named new Head Coach

Started by smallybells, June 07, 2017, 02:42:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VHSCoach2

Great coach. He was the reason I rooted for Oklahoma to win the Big 12 every year. Wish him well in his retirement.

smallybells

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on June 07, 2017, 02:57:17 pm
Great coach. He was the reason I rooted for Oklahoma to win the Big 12 every year. Wish him well in his retirement.

Just seems out of left field and abrupt to me. Makes me wonder if something isn't coming down the pipe in the near future. I think Stoops was a great coach, I grew tired of him trash talking the SEC though, even after the conference has won like 8 of the last 10 or 11 national titles.

beach bum

The Big 12 is about to dismantle and Oklahoma is coming to the SEC..... small chance they land in the Pac 12 or Big Ten but most likely the Hogs are looking at a new border state in conference rival to play each year. I think they are headed to the SEC and ushering in a new leader at the helm.

beach bum

Also, they say he hasn't been at a lot of practice lately with issues related to his heart and health overall.

smallybells

Quote from: beach bum on June 07, 2017, 03:13:47 pm
The Big 12 is about to dismantle and Oklahoma is coming to the SEC..... small chance they land in the Pac 12 or Big Ten but most likely the Hogs are looking at a new border state in conference rival to play each year. I think they are headed to the SEC and ushering in a new leader at the helm.

Interesting theory. I would say with what is going on with Baylor, Texas being somewhat of a dumpster fire by their standards as of late and a handful of teams being perennial dumpster fires in that conference, it is a plausible theory.

VHSCoach2

If the Big 12 broke down, I think Oklahoma and Texas would go to the SEC. Oklahoma State, Iowa State, and Kansas would likely end up in the Big Ten. Kansas State, TCU,  Texas Tech, Baylor, would be in limbo but would land somewhere eventually. West Virginia would likely join the ACC.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on June 07, 2017, 04:12:21 pm
If the Big 12 broke down, I think Oklahoma and Texas would go to the SEC. Oklahoma State, Iowa State, and Kansas would likely end up in the Big Ten. Kansas State, TCU,  Texas Tech, Baylor, would be in limbo but would land somewhere eventually. West Virginia would likely join the ACC.

I don't know if the SEC would be willing to accept an institution that's blown up 2 conferences

VHSCoach2

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 07, 2017, 06:10:18 pm
I don't know if the SEC would be willing to accept an institution that's blown up 2 conferences

I think the money would somehow allow that tidbit to be swept under the rug.

I like hypotheticals, so if that happened, the SEC might even have to rearrange the divisions (although, I think divisions should be dropped altogether).

West: Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Missouri, Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State
East: Auburn, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, Vanderbilt

HorseFeathers

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on June 07, 2017, 06:30:48 pm
I think the money would somehow allow that tidbit to be swept under the rug.

I like hypotheticals, so if that happened, the SEC might even have to rearrange the divisions (although, I think divisions should be dropped altogether).

West: Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Missouri, Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State
East: Auburn, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, Vanderbilt

Maybe Texas would have to accept that they'd just be another program in the sec...And just out of curiosity what's the SEC rules to approve new schools?

smallybells

I think OU and FSU would have, and still are the best fits for the SEC, geographicly and in competition. The SEC has flirted with both in the past.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas