• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Proposed 2A Conference Alignments 2018-19

Started by Brian G, June 07, 2017, 01:59:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

This is football only for now if it passes vote July 31

CLASS 2A
3-2A: Augusta, Cross County, East Poinsett County, Marked Tree, McCrory, Midland, Rector, Salem
4-2A: Decatur, Hackett, Hector, Johnson County Westside, Lavaca, Magazine, Mountainburg, Western Yell County
5-2A: Bigelow, Conway Christian, Cutter Morning Star, England, Magnet Cove, Mountain Pine, Poyen, Quitman
6-2A: Brinkley, Carlisle, Clarendon, Des Arc, Earle, Hazen, Marianna, Marvell
7-2A: Dierks, Foreman, Gurdon, Lafayette County, Mineral Springs, Mount Ida, Murfreesboro, Spring Hill
8-2A: Bearden, Fordyce, Hampton, Hermitage, Junction City, Parkers Chapel, Strong, Woodlawn

SOUTHARK99

I like it all the games I like to hit are still going to happen. The 8 looks to still be the strongest conference. I'm ready to get this season started. I'm going to HG vs Smackover and Hampton vs Prescott at SAU on Aug. 29th then Fordyce vs Rison on Sept. 1. What a way to open the season. 

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on June 07, 2017, 05:18:23 pm
I like it all the games I like to hit are still going to happen. The 8 looks to still be the strongest conference. I'm ready to get this season started. I'm going to HG vs Smackover and Hampton vs Prescott at SAU on Aug. 29th then Fordyce vs Rison on Sept. 1. What a way to open the season.

I'll try to make the CHG vs Smackover game. I hope I am off. I am so ready for some football!!

HG Hornet

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 07, 2017, 05:27:45 pm
I'll try to make the CHG vs Smackover game. I hope I am off. I am so ready for some football!!
I'll be there.  Gonna be HOT!!!!!

NWA Hawg

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on June 07, 2017, 05:18:23 pm

So both the HG/smackover and Prescott/Hampton game are at SAU on the same day? If so what times are they?

SOUTHARK99

Yes same day 1st game will be HG/Smackover around 4 and Hampton/Prescott will be after.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on June 08, 2017, 08:41:31 am
Yes same day 1st game will be HG/Smackover around 4 and Hampton/Prescott will be after.

As it appears. I am off that day!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Swap Earle and Marianna for Augusta and Mccrory.

Dogg

Proud Buckaroo

HorseFeathers

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 08, 2017, 06:42:32 pm
Augusta and McCrory are closer to Des arc than Earle and Marianna

Augusta and Mccrory are closer to every other team in the 6 by a lot of miles, with the exception of Marvell and maybe clarendon.

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 08, 2017, 10:05:46 am
I agree.  Logistically speaking, it'd make more sense.  Marianna is close enough for us but Carlisle, Hazen and Des Arc would have a longer ride.

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 08, 2017, 10:05:46 am
I never understood why Earle gets put over with us anyway...it seems to take FOREVER to get to Earle.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 08, 2017, 06:42:32 pm
Augusta and McCrory are closer to Des arc than Earle and Marianna
But Augusta and McCrory are also closer to Salem than Earle and Marianna are ... and you want to take away two of Salem's closest conference opponents (Augusta-101 miles; McCrory-103 miles) and give them a 140-mile trip to Earle and a 156-mile trip to Marianna just to satisfy Des Arc, who only has to go 59 miles to Marianna and 72.5 miles to Earle?
Not to mention if Marianna had to go to Salem, its closest route would take them right through McCrory, which would now be in another conference. For shame!!!!!!!!

Wonderdog

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on June 09, 2017, 02:27:03 am
But Augusta and McCrory are also closer to Salem than Earle and Marianna are ... and you want to take away two of Salem's closest conference opponents (Augusta-101 miles; McCrory-103 miles) and give them a 140-mile trip to Earle and a 156-mile trip to Marianna just to satisfy Des Arc, who only has to go 59 miles to Marianna and 72.5 miles to Earle?
Not to mention if Marianna had to go to Salem, its closest route would take them right through McCrory, which would now be in another conference. For shame!!!!!!!!
I like you Southpaw! You think similar to me in geography! I guess i will give you another clap. (Since i already gave you one with your response to GuvHog)

birddawg1986

Looks good to me. Now the alignment in 2 3-A is like it was 2005-2012 with Augusta/McCrory coming back.

HorseFeathers

June 09, 2017, 08:43:58 am #17 Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:32:20 am by HorseFeathers
Quote from: SouthpawSensation on June 09, 2017, 02:27:03 am

If you would have actually Read the thread...you would know that i wasn't for moving those two... The 6-2a conference fans are. ::)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I had forgotten about Salem. I like playing Mccrory, them and des arc have had some heated games and brawls in all sports.

BigLion10

beach bum

Hector back to the 4-2A.... I like it. I have enjoyed following them and it just makes it easier when they come west. I am sure they'll establish another good yearly matchup with Hackett and Lavaca. Maybe even when Mountainburg fields their above average teams. I know it will be hard to maintain the insane high level Hector has, but do they at least have solid talent headed up the ranks for the years to come?

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: B.G. on June 07, 2017, 01:59:13 pm

CLASS 2A
3-2A: Augusta, Cross County, East Poinsett County, Marked Tree, McCrory, Midland, Rector, Salem
4-2A: Decatur, Hackett, Hector, Johnson County Westside, Lavaca, Magazine, Mountainburg, Western Yell County
5-2A: Bigelow, Conway Christian, Cutter Morning Star, England, Magnet Cove, Mountain Pine, Poyen, Quitman
7-2A: Dierks, Foreman, Gurdon, Lafayette County, Mineral Springs, Mount Ida, Murfreesboro, Spring Hill
8-2A: Bearden, Fordyce, Hampton, Hermitage, Junction City, Parkers Chapel, Strong, Woodlawn

If Fordyce is like last years team, they will figure in the 8-2A race down the road.  Rison had more depth, but Fordyce had better overall athletes. Thought our depth would wear them down by end of 3rd but didn't happen. But who knows what's going to happen between last year and '18.

green-eagle

Quote from: B.G. on June 07, 2017, 01:59:13 pm

CLASS 2A

the 8-2A just now became interesting.....with the addition of 4-dice....Hampton/Fordyce/Junction City.......which one will be standing on top. Junction City returns a year after Hampton impressive run for the title and of course the addition of Fordyce to the mix... we can see a three way tie for this title...

BigLion10

old.dole

Hampton will be back to normal this year and in the future

HorseFeathers

old.dole

Lol no not that normal. The normal of playing for just a playoff spot with no real shot of a conference title

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas