• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Read

Started by R. A.™, May 17, 2017, 03:46:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

R. A.™

Where Augusta has cancelled the SR High season for 2017. Read the tweet from Derrick Smith.

https://twitter.com/coachdeesmith

I'm a Jaguar alum and I'm sad to read this...

Nacho

That's sad for you guys. Hate to hear it. Maybe something good will happen over the Summer.

HG Hornet

Teams facing Augusta may want to check with teams from the 2A-8 as they may have holes in their schedules as well.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: CHG Hornet on May 17, 2017, 04:17:30 pm
Teams facing Augusta may want to check with teams from the 2A-8 as they may have holes in their schedules as well.

Good idea!

You hate for teams to have to cancel their season on lack of numbers.

It seems the smaller schools are continuing to deminish.

beach bum

Quote from: CHG Hornet on May 17, 2017, 04:17:30 pm

The 4-2A as well since Union Christian committed to the 2016-2018 cycle then backed out. I know some teams there had bye weeks last year. That would make a long trip but someone might be willing to make that trip. I think Mountainburg went all the way to Clarendon last year.

mr.gametime

Alot of folks kinda seen this coming around woodruff County 3 starters from Augusta was already transferring to McCrory this year...and now after this news ...there may be a few more.

4real

The supes in 1A and 2A need to force the AAA to sanction either 6 man or 8 man football in Arkansas.  Union left for the private school league in Oklahoma to play 8 man football and now they can field a team

brotherdew

I think a six or eight man league would be awesome. They could play on Saturday's to allow the 1A schools to utilize neighboring fields. This would eliminate the obstacle of building a football facility at schools that don't currently have one. Schools that do have fields could still utilize their facility and continue a tradition of football at their school.

OB11

Hate to see this. I saw all of his posts on Twitter and he seemed genuinely excited to be there and was trying to build something. I hope they can get things back on track there.

MomaLion

Where does that leave their new coach?

OB11

Quote from: MomaLion on May 17, 2017, 11:46:01 pm
Where does that leave their new coach?

From reading the post, it sounds like he is looking for a new job.

Dayton Kitchens

The new coach jumped the gun on his announcement,   no actual decision has been made about whether the Sr. high program plays this fall or not.   Numbers are a concern. 

The new head coach and two of the assistants have resigned and are not currently being replaced.   If the Sr. high plays the current Jr. high coach (House) will coach it unless something changes.

OB11

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on May 18, 2017, 08:26:43 am
The new coach jumped the gun on his announcement,   no actual decision has been made about whether the Sr. high program plays this fall or not.   Numbers are a concern. 

The new head coach and two of the assistants have resigned and are not currently being replaced.   If the Sr. high plays the current Jr. high coach (House) will coach it unless something changes.

I was a little curious about that myself as to why they would make that decision now to not play next season.

R. A.™

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on May 18, 2017, 08:26:43 am

So did Campbell resign also?

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: R. A.™ on May 18, 2017, 08:59:48 am
So did Campbell resign also?

Yep.   Campbell,  Kellet and new coach.   And a new assistant that a job was offered to on Monday declined to take a job as well.

Idoknow

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on May 18, 2017, 09:06:30 am
Yep.   Campbell,  Kellet and new coach.   And a new assistant that a job was offered to on Monday declined to take a job as well.
Dayton are you no longer coaching at Augusta?

young_gun

Danville was scheduled to play them week 10. Now that leaves them open week 8 and 10.

eldofan

Pc has hermitage week 8 . Rumor is Hermitage wont field a team .

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Idoknow on May 18, 2017, 09:41:27 am
Dayton are you no longer coaching at Augusta?

My last football season coaching at Augusta was 2014.   Coach Chad Floyd's first (of three) year as head coach.

young_gun

Quote from: eldofan on May 18, 2017, 10:30:48 am
Pc has hermitage week 8 . Rumor is Hermitage wont field a team .

Tried to get PC last year they didn't want to play us. Think they got or are getting a new head coach so maybe they will this year.

eldofan

They did get a new coach and if hermitage doesn't field a team he may play u .

R. A.™

now I read that Augusta will field a team, was in the local paper today.

Lions84

Good news then , shame on the Adults who bailed out.

playmaker04

Quote from: R. A.™ on May 25, 2017, 11:15:54 am
now I read that Augusta will field a team, was in the local paper today.
Cross County Coaching staff searching for a scrimmage opponent because they are still under impression that Augusta isn't Fielding a team

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: playmaker04 on June 17, 2017, 11:51:47 am
Cross County Coaching staff searching for a scrimmage opponent because they are still under impression that Augusta isn't Fielding a team

If Augusta can only field a team with minimal numbers (14-18) they might not wish to risk their players being injured in a mere preseason scrimmage.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas