• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Meet of Champs Entries - Boys (Complete)

Started by AT, May 05, 2017, 10:13:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

May 05, 2017, 10:13:27 am Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 08:29:58 pm by Almatrackster
I will be updating the Google Doc that is linked below to reflect who will be the first invitees for the Meet of Champs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-EnNwKB6A87v6x_EtobXm76TY4z3s1Bf95mrIK8mNXU/edit?usp=sharing

AT

I will be working on this for a but this morning.

AT

Will be working on this for a bit this morning.

AT

Finished! Remember these are just the boys who will get the first invitations. Not the final entries. There will be many scratches who will effect the final entries.

dragontrackcoach

Quote from: Almatrackster on May 07, 2017, 08:29:07 pm
Finished! Remember these are just the boys who will get the first invitations. Not the final entries. There will be many scratches who will effect the final entries.
I noticed many 7A times were lower because of weather. That really stinks not having some of the best in the state there. I guess thats just the way it works

dragondad

AT

Ok I have updated the google doc to reflect the accepted entries as seen here:

https://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Track_Field/meet_of_champs_program_2017.pdf

I like to do this because I like to see how many scratches there were in an event and make sure my work matches up with the AAA.

The only irregularity I had was with the 4 x 400 Meter Relay. Decatur scratched out as the 1A Champ, meaning the next wildcard should have taken their spot. But it was not...it was the 1A Runner Up, Mount Ida. Mount Ida was not the next fastest and would have needed quite a few scratches for them to get in as a wildcard spot. So the only things I can think of are

A) The AAA decided they wanted a 1A school represented in the 4 x 4, and chose Mount Ida to do that.

B) The AAA made a mistake by going to the runner up instead of the next fastest 4 x 4

If it was A), though, then why didn't they do the same thing with the 4 x 1. Hampton? The 1A Champion, scratched out of the 4 x 1, but they didn't replace them with the 1A Runner Up, Omaha, they replaced them with the next wildcard as the process is supposed to go.

Strange.

RATTLER43

dragondad

May 08, 2017, 08:29:12 pm #8 Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 07:36:44 am by dragondad
I can't access the entries tab on the ahsaa site, or the link listed above.  Milesplit doesn't show Junction City as being a scheduled competitor on their site either.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas