• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Road to Baum.....

Started by ricepig, April 27, 2017, 08:08:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Jonesboro opens defense of it's 6A state championship with a 7:30pm game against LR Hall in the 6A East conference tournament.

NEA Razorback olfan

Redwolves8526

Is the field going to be playable today? Lot of rain in NEA last night. 2.4 inches at my house

OB11

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on April 27, 2017, 10:36:18 am
Is the field going to be playable today? Lot of rain in NEA last night. 2.4 inches at my house

I'm sure the tarp was on. They'll let the outfielders slop around in the mud to get the game in. Haha

T-Bone

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on April 27, 2017, 10:36:18 am

Unless some odd rain moves in before they get the game in then Yes it will be playable.  Coach Dobson and the team do a great job on the field with overseeding and tarping.  As mentioned outfield may have a few areas but looks promising right now. 

OB11

Quote from: T-Bone on April 27, 2017, 12:46:39 pm
Unless some odd rain moves in before they get the game in then Yes it will be playable.  Coach Dobson and the team do a great job on the field with overseeding and tarping.  As mentioned outfield may have a few areas but looks promising right now.

Have you been by the field? Just wondering if there is any standing water? The fact that the game doesn't start until 7:30 should give it time to dry out quite a bit.

T-Bone

Quote from: OB11 on April 27, 2017, 12:50:32 pm
Have you been by the field? Just wondering if there is any standing water? The fact that the game doesn't start until 7:30 should give it time to dry out quite a bit.

Not by the field but knew they went in at 6:45 a.m. to pull tarp.  Also pump an area or areas.  Then all day with sun and an overseeding that helps as well.  We are good to go.

ricepig

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on April 27, 2017, 09:36:43 pm
Jonesboro 20
Hall 1

Final

I am not sure I have ever felt as bad for another team.  We were holding runners in the first inning.  At least Hall kept playing and didn't give up. 

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on April 27, 2017, 09:53:02 pm
I am not sure I have ever felt as bad for another team.  We were holding runners in the first inning.  At least Hall kept playing and didn't give up.

It's been the same every time we've played them over the past 8 years. Sometimes their players try harder than their coaches.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas