• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6-2A Offseason

Started by Da Truff, April 20, 2017, 08:35:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverEagle079

all hopes for you and your team JB its always good to see a full schedule

purpleswag

In all seriousness this is just another reason AAA should start an 8 man conference.

There are plenty of schools that struggle to field teams and that just don't have enough kids to field a full roster that could benefit.

big E

It don't  matter how many man football you play you still gotta get the kids to do the work.

jbtiger73

Ventman

Quote from: big E on August 10, 2017, 05:17:51 am
It don't  matter how many man football you play you still gotta get the kids to do the work.
Bingo, kids are lazy now days and they don't take authority well. Those two things make for low numbers for football teams.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ventman on August 10, 2017, 08:30:51 am
Bingo, kids are lazy now days and they don't take authority well. Those two things make for low numbers for football teams.

Yep....cause the generation that's raising them would rather spoil them than raise them... or not be there at all for the kids...

...I mean if we're gonna throw a generation under the bus, might as well get to the cause of the problem

jbtiger73

And that's exactly what's going on in places like Brinkley. It really, really ticks me off, beyond what I'm telling you on here.

Ventman

it's only going to get worse I'm afraid. Sign of the times.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ventman on August 10, 2017, 09:37:53 am
it's only going to get worse I'm afraid. Sign of the times.

See it everyday on the news etc....consequences for your actions are a thing of the past...

purpleswag

'The children now love luxury; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are tyrants, not servants of the households. They no longer rise when their elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize over their teachers.'

Socrates

Kids aren't different.

big E

That's why mine gets whooped at least once a day. Whether he needs it or not. But seriously the parents are as much to blame as the kids. Mine is 8 and people think I'm hard on him at times. You bet I am but I promise you he knows I live him. I have tried to instill in him what my mom instilled in me and my brother. I promise you if a grown up asks him a question it's yes sir or no sir, yes or no mam. I don't put up with that other crap. If every kid was raised like that we wouldn't be having these conversations. In my opinion.

Bigditchlion

+1 big E!!!

To earn respect, you have to give respect.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: big E on August 10, 2017, 01:45:04 pm
That's why mine gets whooped at least once a day. Whether he needs it or not. But seriously the parents are as much to blame as the kids. Mine is 8 and people think I'm hard on him at times. You bet I am but I promise you he knows I live him. I have tried to instill in him what my mom instilled in me and my brother. I promise you if a grown up asks him a question it's yes sir or no sir, yes or no mam. I don't put up with that other crap. If every kid was raised like that we wouldn't be having these conversations. In my opinion.

Im raising mine the exact same way.

BigLion10

What's those Green Eagles looking like this year Pick??

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 10, 2017, 05:09:37 pm
What's those Green Eagles looking like this year Pick??

Haven't seen them. I'm sure they will be descent.

RiverEagle079

IMO the coach is being a little soft on them trying not to get them hurt before season they seem in shape but some of the lineman need more conditioning if they will go both ways 

big E

Ok got s text from Coach knowlton last night and he said Brinkley was gonna have a team they got 15-17 kids and they would play as long as numbers allow.

jbtiger73

Well that's great news. I'm definitely rooting for those few that are going to be out there. Hopefully they can stick it out.

RiverEagle079

Good to hear we have a full schedule I see that news article I seen on facebook put some awareness out

jbtiger73

Definitely did. But honestly, like I was telling a guy earlier, it should've never came to that

RiverEagle079

So whats yalls totals now since school started

jbtiger73

Don't know yet. Really don't communicate there much often. Got friends there though. Will find out something soon.

RiverEagle079

well still fifteen to seventeen kids is enough but man them kids will be exhausted

MomaLion

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on August 15, 2017, 05:45:05 pm
well still fifteen to seventeen kids is enough but man them kids will be exhausted
That's what we had last year.

big E

If they stay healthy it can be done.

Lions84

Too many kids are X boxers and don't want to bleed and sweet for anything.   A friend of mine had their son give up a full ride scholarship to be in a college band cause the practices were too long and hot. My daughter is starting the sophomore year of college and never let her quit anything K-12.  She knows if you start it you finish it.

Ventman

Quote from: Lions84 on August 17, 2017, 10:42:06 am
Too many kids are X boxers and don't want to bleed and sweet for anything.   A friend of mine had their son give up a full ride scholarship to be in a college band cause the practices were too long and hot. My daughter is starting the sophomore year of college and never let her quit anything K-12.  She knows if you start it you finish it.
I agree, people in general are lazy. We were the same way with my son, if you start something you finish it.

mr.gametime

Was told today Augusta will field a team they have 17 players as of right now including a couple of move ins.

MomaLion

Sounds like we'll have a full season of games :)
Clarendon had our kickoff Thurs and we have about 24 on Sr and 30s on Jr...some good size and speed.  They've been dedicated to their summer workouts and the coaching staff has them pumped up...i'm optimistic that we are headed in the right direction.

RiverEagle079

Eagle Fest is tonight we will be looking around the same numbers 25-30 sr high 30-40 jr high

Ventman

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on August 18, 2017, 04:42:55 pm
Eagle Fest is tonight we will be looking around the same numbers 25-30 sr high 30-40 jr high
Those are great numbers. DA is the king of the 6 till someone knocks them down.

RiverEagle079

I will say this something that DA hasn't done much since Harper was their will be seen more this year. QB has a cannon  ;D

Lions84

Glad to see the numbers going up at Clarendon.

MomaLion

Clarendon looked good at the scrimmage last night.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on August 22, 2017, 03:08:05 pm
Clarendon looked good at the scrimmage last night.

I thought Clarendon looked as good as the rest except Earle, but I thought everyone looked better last year.  I don't know if it was the weather, but everyone looked sloppy last night.  It has to get better or these teams will have a tough year.  Earle only has to get by Mt Ida to win 2A this year.  Earle did not have much trouble scoring last night, and Bohannan did not have to do much at all. 

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on August 22, 2017, 03:40:30 pm
I thought Clarendon looked as good as the rest except Earle, but I thought everyone looked better last year.  I don't know if it was the weather, but everyone looked sloppy last night.  It has to get better or these teams will have a tough year.  Earle only has to get by Mt Ida to win 2A this year.  Earle did not have much trouble scoring last night, and Bohannan did not have to do much at all.
Agreed.  I think Clarendon was actually a bit better than last year but instead of having 1 or 2 stand out players like we had last year in Cross and Parker, there were several that stepped up...mostly in different roles than they've played previously...once they get the wrinkles ironed out, I think they will be just fine.
Earle was Earle lol...not much effort needed.

Sonofasonofasailor

Any word on DA-Riverview and Carlisle-Bald Knob scrimmages?

Ventman

Carlisle lost their game to Bald Knob.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Ventman on August 23, 2017, 07:31:40 am
Carlisle lost their game to Bald Knob.

Thanks.  Hope they were competitive heading into year two under Coach U.

BisonFan1

Regarding the Bald Knob scrimmage, here are a few things I observed:

POSITIVES:

We moved the ball well.  At the beginning of scrimmage, each side got 10 plays.  Carlisle moved the ball down the field several times, but ran out of plays.  In a normal game situation, I think they would have completed those drives and scored, based on how they were moving the ball. 

Our running backs looked good and ran hard.  I know we are replacing two really good backs from last year, but it looks like we will be fine in that area.  #7 looks really good as well as #1. 

NEGATIVES:

Defense appeared to struggle some.  Gave up too many big plays and missed tackles.  Now, you have to take that with a grain of salt, because I doubt much time was spent scouting/prepping for a scrimmage game.  It looked like they just ran their base stuff.  But hopefully, that will all improve before next Friday. 

OVERALL THOUGHTS:

Bald Knob is a really solid team, and one that will probably be top 10 in the 3A, when it's all said and done.  Part of me is really happy with how we moved the ball, but the other part of me is somewhat concerned with the defense.  I also think the heat/mugginess wore us out (especially since it has been relatively cool this August).  Plus, at the end of the day, we all know that you can't read too much into scrimmages. 

mr.gametime

Wasnt able to make McCrory scrimmage...but i heard they looked decent but still got some work to do...but they ended up out scoring Hoxie by a couple of touchdowns.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: BisonFan1 on August 23, 2017, 08:17:10 am
Regarding the Bald Knob scrimmage, here are a few things I observed:

NEGATIVES:

Defense appeared to struggle some.  Gave up too many big plays and missed tackles.  Now, you have to take that with a grain of salt, because I doubt much time was spent scouting/prepping for a scrimmage game.  It looked like they just ran their base stuff.  But hopefully, that will all improve before next Friday. 

I saw them play twice last year and while they won both games, defense was well behind the offense.  They didn't appear to have a lot of team speed, which the ground and pound offense can hide but it certainly stands out on D.

BisonFan1

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on August 23, 2017, 12:33:23 pm
I saw them play twice last year and while they won both games, defense was well behind the offense.  They didn't appear to have a lot of team speed, which the ground and pound offense can hide but it certainly stands out on D.

Yea, I definitely think the offense is ahead of the defense.  Last night was somewhat misleading simply because, the first half, Carlisle was moving the ball, getting 5-7 yards a pop, but they just ran out of plays before they could score.  Also, like I said, I'm sure the coaches did not waste time scheming for a scrimmage and it looked like they were trying out a bunch of different people at various spots on defense, which probably led to some breakdowns.  A lot of that will get ironed out over the next few days.   

I heard Lonoke did okay in their scrimmage against Vilonia and Jacksonville.  I know their depth will be a huge advantage, but it does appear like the temperature next Friday will be in the low to mid 80s so hopefully that will work in Carlisle's favor and the guys won't tire out so quick.  Also, in order to win, the Bison will need to control the clock and have those long, 7-8 minute drives for TDs and keep Lonoke's offense off the field.     

Ventman

I was sitting by a of a bunch of the Lonoke players last night. I heard them saying they were going to beat the Bison by at least 30. Bulletin board material for the Bison.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas