• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2-3A Week 1

Started by CoolBreeze, August 27, 2017, 04:10:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolBreeze

Any predictions on how things will go this week in the 2-3A?

Des Arc @ Bald Knob
Marvell-Elaine @ Barton
Brookland @ Cedar Ridge
Highland @ Harding Academy
Drew Central @ Little Rock Episcopal
East Poinsett Co. @ Marianna
Mayflower @ CAC
Rose Bud @ Quitman

It's time for FOOTBALL!!! Only a few more days to go.

panther07

Pretty anxious to see des arc/BK score. BK kinda struggled with them last year when they were really talented. I think they win but it'll be pretty telling IMO

Wile E. Coyote

BK
Barton
Brookland
Highland
Episcopal
EPC
CAC
Quitman

oasistrader

HA over Highland if the game doesn't get cancelled due to rain.

Proud Buckaroo

Hooten's picked D.C. To beat ECS. 😂😂

panther07

Quote from: oasistrader on August 28, 2017, 12:29:01 am
HA over Highland if the game doesn't get cancelled due to rain.

Less likely to get rained out at HA than most dude to the turf.

bleudog

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Wile E. Coyote on August 27, 2017, 08:44:03 pm
BK
Barton
Brookland
Highland
Episcopal
EPC
CAC
Quitman
IMO these picks seem pretty solid,m with the exception of ECS. They were truly awful last year. Other than the forfeit from Rose Bud, their closest game was a 54-28 shellacking at home from Cedar Ridge.

I realize there has been some talk on FF about their being much improved. However, I'm originally from Missouri, so they're going to have to show me that they can beat anybody. But then Drew Central had a Charlier Brown perfect record last year, with point differentials almost as bad as ECS. So, I guess I'll have to punt on this one and call it a toss up.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: panther07 on August 27, 2017, 04:30:52 pm
Pretty anxious to see des arc/BK score. BK kinda struggled with them last year when they were really talented. I think they win but it'll be pretty telling IMO

I'm not real sure what this game will tell about either team. Anxious to get it started. Wish it would be played in the dry though

CoolBreeze

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 28, 2017, 09:46:41 pm
I'm not real sure what this game will tell about either team. Anxious to get it started. Wish it would be played in the dry though
Ain't it the truth. Playing in the soup can change the outcome. That funny-shaped ball can get slippery when wet. The best team doesn't always win.

Grayte88

August 30, 2017, 08:27:32 am #10 Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 08:30:08 am by Grayte88
Mayflower beat CAC  50-15.. Keep your eyes on the Eagles this year.

panther07

Quote from: Grayte88 on August 30, 2017, 08:27:32 am
Mayflower beat CAC  50-15.. Keep your eyes on the Eagles this year.

a CAC team that will probably go 1-9.

panther07

Quote from: panther07 on August 30, 2017, 11:38:40 am

I do think Mayflower finishes 2nd in the conference though. 

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on August 30, 2017, 11:38:40 am
After an 8-4 season last year? Did they lose everything? Change coaches?

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on August 30, 2017, 11:45:00 am
After an 8-4 season last year? Did they lose everything? Change coaches?

Lost enough that Tommy Shoemaker, one of the guys on the forefront of the spread offense (While at HA at that), had to make the switch to the wing t to try and give his players the best chance to succeed. 

Grayte88

Mayflower has a solid team this year, loaded with talented juniors and few seniors and very fast on defense.. Your predicting CAC to go 1-9 and Hootens had them favored over Mayflower by 9.  It was 50-7 midway thru the 3rd quarter when the Eagles pulled their starters .. I agree they finish 2nd with a chance to win the conference.. Time will Tell! CAC is down a little but it was still a beat down by a 3A school! Give the Eagles a little credit

panther07

Quote from: Grayte88 on August 30, 2017, 12:17:29 pm
Mayflower has a solid team this year, loaded with talented juniors and few seniors and very fast on defense.. Your predicting CAC to go 1-9 and Hootens had them favored over Mayflower by 9.  It was 50-7 midway thru the 3rd quarter when the Eagles pulled their starters .. I agree they finish 2nd with a chance to win the conference.. Time will Tell! CAC is down a little but it was still a beat down by a 3A school! Give the Eagles a little credit

Yeah.. They beat them soundly. No question.  And I did give Mayflower some credit when I said I thought they'd finish second in the conference.    I still stand by what I said in that I think CAC goes 1-9.  I don't care what Hootens said.  Hootens also still had CAC best RB projected to play in the game and he quit back in the summer.  They don't have all the answers. Impossible when covering that many teams. 

CoolBreeze

For what it's worth: I just discovered that MaxPreps has HA ranked at #25, two spots below Mountain View and 5 below Fouke.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas