• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Y timing/Mile Split Question

Started by arkcrash, April 12, 2017, 07:52:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

arkcrash

Why would events be removed from ytiming/mile split?  Some of the 4A jr high events that were previously on the list have been removed.  Even the 1-4a Jr High Districts.  Is it a money issue?
Thanks

sevenof400

Although AlmaTrackster would be a much better person to address this question, let me ask you this - what events were removed? 

I do know there are some events run at the sr high level that are NOT run at the jr high level but without more detail on your question, we're kind of shooting in the dark here.....

arkcrash

This week there was a Gentry Jr High meet removed, and now the 1-4A Jr High District meet has been removed.  I've been using the Ytiming app and had the events added to my que and now they are gone.

Not a big deal, would probably still have paid the $.99 for the app, just wondering why the events would have dropped off.

sevenof400

Quote from: arkcrash on April 12, 2017, 08:54:17 am
This week there was a Gentry Jr High meet removed, and now the 1-4A Jr High District meet has been removed.  I've been using the Ytiming app and had the events added to my que and now they are gone.

Not a big deal, would probably still have paid the $.99 for the app, just wondering why the events would have dropped off.

Ah - you are talking about an entire meet instead of events within a meet.  That makes sense now. 

One possible explanation is this - there are so many track websites out there now so there is no one accepted website that holds a correct (current and updated) list of all meets.  In the past, we have always had to bounce around from website to website as the season wore on to find results of meets.  Again, Almatrackster can offer a more informed background on this as he has perused many websites over the years.   

It may be a case where the website you noted simply had bad (incorrect) info and finally corrected (updated) it.  Or, it may be the case where the conference has secured a body who can bring their own timing equipment to a meet and uses their website to post results.  I know Hendrix College did this for awhile (not sure if they still do). 

I'm not saying these are the actual reasons, but they have been the case in the past.   

arkcrash

Thanks for the response, sorry i should have said meet instead of event.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas