• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Home Run Leaders

Started by MrBackup10, April 08, 2017, 10:30:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MrBackup10

Brady Durham from Pocahontas has 6 so far but Pokey's stats aren't entered in Maxpreps. How does he stack up with the rest of the state?

TheSpecial

Pierce Mitchum has 7 for Heber Springs
Grayson Stevens has 4 for Pottsville
Quite a few in 1A have 5
Those stats via Maxpreps

T-Bone

April 09, 2017, 11:14:04 am #2 Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 11:24:03 am by T-Bone
Quote from: MrBackup10 on April 08, 2017, 10:30:04 pm
Brady Durham from Pocahontas has 6 so far but Pokey's stats aren't entered in Maxpreps. How does he stack up with the rest of the state?

I like Max preps but you can not go by those stats alone since all stats are not put in there.  I am thinking some teams just don't get around to posting them and some don't want competition to have information they can use against them unless they get the information themselves. 

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on April 09, 2017, 11:14:04 am
I like Max preps but you can not go by those stats alone since all stats are not put in there.  I am thinking some teams just don't get around to posting them and some don't want competition to have information they can use against them unless they get the information themselves.

Yep, some just put in the pitching info, which is required.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on April 09, 2017, 12:30:02 pm
Yep, some just put in the pitching info, which is required.

Only appearances with pitch count is required from what I understand.  W's L's, etc. are not required. 

gbbaseballfan

Greenbrier has hit 23 homers!  Player with 7, Player with 6, Player with 4, Player with 3, Player with 2 and player with 1.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: gbbaseballfan on April 13, 2017, 07:58:57 am
Greenbrier has hit 23 homers!  Player with 7, Player with 6, Player with 4, Player with 3, Player with 2 and player with 1.

300 foot fence?

ricepig

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on April 13, 2017, 08:19:35 am
300 foot fence?

Well Greenbrier does have some great talent, it would be interesting to know the dimensions.

OB11

Yes, Greenbrier has a really good team this year. Those numbers don't surprise me.

gbbaseballfan

GB 320 - 355 - 400 - 355 - 320
At least 1/2 have been hit on the road.  Don't know those dim.

Nomad1324

This brings to mind a question.

Why not have a HR Derby at the All-Star Game in the summer? Have a cut off number for entrance into it and let the guys who made the All-Star team swing for the fences.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Nomad1324 on April 13, 2017, 12:52:04 pm
This brings to mind a question.

Why not have a HR Derby at the All-Star Game in the summer? Have a cut off number for entrance into it and let the guys who made the All-Star team swing for the fences.
I'm not sure this is a good idea for kids. I've heard a lot of major leaguers have difficulty getting their stroke back after competing in the home run derby. Could have long-term consequences for a high-schooler.

OB11

Quote from: CoolBreeze on April 13, 2017, 01:34:58 pm
I'm not sure this is a good idea for kids. I've heard a lot of major leaguers have difficulty getting their stroke back after competing in the home run derby. Could have long-term consequences for a high-schooler.

I think the biggest problem would be the fact that the winner would probably have a grand total of only 2 home runs. Baum is humongous compared to most high school fields and the BBCOR bats have made it much harder to get one out of the park.

Grizzlyfan

The coach at Greenbrier should get his players stats on MaxPreps.  Stats there say the leading 5A home run hitter has 2.

The leading HR hitter in 7A has 3 HR's and 4 players for Greenbrier have more than him.  And 2 players from Greenbrier have twice as many as the 7A leader. 

Color me skeptical.

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on April 13, 2017, 01:38:15 pm
I think the biggest problem would be the fact that the winner would probably have a grand total of only 2 home runs. Baum is humongous compared to most high school fields and the BBCOR bats have made it much harder to get one out of the park.

Don't they have the All-Star game at UCA?

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on April 13, 2017, 03:56:05 pm
Don't they have the All-Star game at UCA?

It may be now. It used to be in Fayetteville. UCA's field would be a little more reasonable but they still have a pretty big park.

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on April 13, 2017, 08:56:19 pm
It may be now. It used to be in Fayetteville. UCA's field would be a little more reasonable but they still have a pretty big park.

It hasn't been in Fayetteville in awhile, to my knowledge.

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on April 13, 2017, 09:20:30 pm
It hasn't been in Fayetteville in awhile, to my knowledge.

That's actually a good thing for the entire all-star week. I always thought Fayetteville was not central enough. But that's another discussion for another time about a number of other things...

MrBackup10

Brady Durham from Pocahontas hit another one yesterday, putting him at 7 on the year.

Pintailkiller

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on April 13, 2017, 02:40:25 pm
The coach at Greenbrier should get his players stats on MaxPreps.  Stats there say the leading 5A home run hitter has 2.

The leading HR hitter in 7A has 3 HR's and 4 players for Greenbrier have more than him.  And 2 players from Greenbrier have twice as many as the 7A leader. 

Color me skeptical.

Well, Greenbriar is loaded.
Hunter Milligan - Ark commit
Paxton Wallace - Wichita St commit
Cayden Wallace - #1 player in AR for 2020
Both Wallace boys can flat swing it.

GHS_08

Quote from: CoolBreeze on April 13, 2017, 01:34:58 pm

Kids try to hit bombs in bp all the time. If you think a few rounds of it st an all star game is gonna affect them your crazy.

Warriors023

Zac Dillard, Lamar 3A-4
As of today has 4 HomeRuns on the season

Nomad1324

Quote from: OB11 on April 13, 2017, 01:38:15 pm

It still would be another event to have during the All Star festivities. Also, you get to see if some of these kids home run totals might be park aided. I've seen some tiny parks for some really good teams that seem to up the number. If Greenbrier has those kids going yard at home like that, then they'll get a few at UCA.

If we're not going to do that, let's do some kind of skills challenge. I'm just for showcasing the baseball talent more.

jlaw7390

Tyler Gregg has hit 10 homeruns for Farmington. He is also hitting 450 and has 37 rbi's.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas