• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clinton tops the 3a rankings.

Started by Baseballman, April 04, 2017, 08:30:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Baseballman

Clinton Yellow Jackets have went on a tear since spring break. They are on a 9 game winning streak and have topped the rankings in 3a. During this 9 game win streak they devastated 4a power house Pea Ridge 11-3. Do these guys have a chance to go all the way???

LeftBench

Pretty impressive run. Where are these rankings?

jazdill

Front page of the Clinton Daily. Only 50 cents a copy. Local players dad is the editor. Great guy and seems to be really keeping up since his son is getting play time this season. 

Baseballman

Quote from: LeftBench on April 04, 2017, 08:58:55 pm
Pretty impressive run. Where are these rankings?

MaxPreps playoff predictions.

MonsterBaseball15

The PBR Rankings last week went

1) Harding
2) Genoa Central
3) Clinton
4) Mayflower
5) Horatio

I wouldn't trust MaxPreps rankings.

JohnnyBoyDogs

I certainly would not trust PBR Rankings if they have Genoa 2nd. Genoa is decent but not good enough to be ranked 2nd. PBR is a money grab. Guys who play on their select teams and pay to go to their showcases are the ones they target the most for exposure via social media.

jr17

Rebelfan77

Seems PBR only covers the central and lower part of Arkansas. They are missing out on some good baseball up north!

LeftBench

What was the most recent PBR top 10 for 4A? I wasn't able to find the rankings.

MonsterBaseball15

Quote from: JohnnyBoyDogs on April 05, 2017, 08:33:14 am
I certainly would not trust PBR Rankings if they have Genoa 2nd. Genoa is decent but not good enough to be ranked 2nd. PBR is a money grab. Guys who play on their select teams and pay to go to their showcases are the ones they target the most for exposure via social media.

I have seen every team in the top 6 play other than Clinton. They're all pretty good when one pitcher is on the mound (Beasley, Moreland, Wilcox, Harlow) and they're pretty decent with their number 2's on the mound. Like any other 3A team after their first two arms it goes down hill pretty fast. Harding is by far the best 3A team. I think Genoa, Horatio, Clinton, Mayflower and BHG are the next 2-6 and that it could change every week based on how they played. There is one elite team, and a bunch of very average teams behind Harding. Look at their records, none of them are great.

As far as all of the PBR money grab stuff who knows, I don't know who goes to the events. You sound like a parent or player who didn't get invited to the event to me though.

Bigblkcat

Fouke cant get any love we held horatio to 1 run with beasley on the mound

MonsterBaseball15

Fouke hasn't made the state tournament in over 10 years, how much love do you want? They put you guys inside of the top 15

Head Lion

Quote from: MonsterBaseball15 on April 06, 2017, 08:11:14 am
I have seen every team in the top 6 play other than Clinton. They're all pretty good when one pitcher is on the mound (Beasley, Moreland, Wilcox, Harlow) and they're pretty decent with their number 2's on the mound. Like any other 3A team after their first two arms it goes down hill pretty fast. Harding is by far the best 3A team. I think Genoa, Horatio, Clinton, Mayflower and BHG are the next 2-6 and that it could change every week based on how they played. There is one elite team, and a bunch of very average teams behind Harding. Look at their records, none of them are great.

As far as all of the PBR money grab stuff who knows, I don't know who goes to the events. You sound like a parent or player who didn't get invited to the event to me though.
I think you might should put Manila & Riverside in that top 5.

MonsterBaseball15

April 07, 2017, 08:08:12 am #13 Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 10:21:26 am by MonsterBaseball15
Why would anyone rank Manila in the top 5? Every year you get on here and say how this is Manilas year and how they're going to make run. In 2013 all I read about was how Brady Jones was going to take you to the promise land. You have made it out of the first round once in the last five years and you want in the top 5, no shot.

I could see the argument for Riverside since they're new to 3A. Everyone has an ace and a good number 2 in the top 5 though so I am not sure who they are better than. They're just beating up on the NE teams right now.

Head Lion

You are entitled to your opinion, o yea we did win our opening round game in 2012.

MonsterBaseball15

April 07, 2017, 10:14:23 am #15 Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 10:22:32 am by MonsterBaseball15
Maybe this will be the year Manila makes a run. My son is a senior so if I don't see it this year I never will get to see it after reading about it for so long.

Redwolves8526

CoolBreeze

Quote from: MonsterBaseball15 on April 06, 2017, 08:11:14 am

I haven't seen them play, but from their record Harding looks to be a heavyweight. Thier 4 losses have all come from 5, 6, and 7A opponents. They are undefeated against both 3A and 4A, and unless I missed something, they have outscored their 3A opponents 43 - 8.

jr17

Mayflower lost to Harding 4-0. It was close the whole game. Mayflower throwing their 3, Harding their 2. Mayflower is turning it on right now. Just played Greenbrier a solid 7 innings losing 8-4. And we all know how good Greenbrier is. I just find it hard to believe anyone is playing the regular season schedule Mayflower is.

jr17

Baseballman

Clinton run rules Dover 10-0 and improves its win streak to 12 games.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Baseballman on April 11, 2017, 09:05:22 pm
Clinton run rules Dover 10-0 and improves its win streak to 12 games.
That's an impressive streak, and an impressive record overall. And they have piled up some impressive win margins.

However, the Jackets have not played anything like the schedule Harding has. Clinton's three losses all came at the hands of 4A teams. Harding is undefeated against 4A competition.

It would be interesting to see these two powerhouse teams face off in the playoffs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas