• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magnet Cove Open?

Started by Dr. Defense, March 28, 2017, 01:20:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SR30

It was bauxite sir. Get it right...

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: SR30 on April 21, 2017, 07:35:27 pm
It was bauxite sir. Get it right...

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

SR30

You know band I would reply to that but it would be an insult to your family. Now as far as being infatuated? It's called passion, something that left MC long ago. People started settling for mediocre in the cove while Mark Kehner,a former Panther, brought that passion to GR. So no, it's not infatuation it's passion. It's desire to never settle for less than a trip to the rock in December. So u can make jokes about soiling pants, which tends to happen when you play the game 100% even after getting a concussion, but that's another topic you wouldn't know about.
Anyway I invite you to a GR game in December. Come see how the game is played.
And lastly GR basketball and football are world's apart. MC always wants to play the non contact sports against GR but won't strap up on the grid iron.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on April 21, 2017, 07:26:43 pm
Hey SR30, did your infatuation with GR start before or after they made you soil your pants as a senior in HS?
Yikes

Tubz

Quote from: Oldman on April 17, 2017, 03:53:16 pm
The one with the best athletes and coaches. Heart doesn't matter if you weigh 145lbs and run a 5.1 forty.

My brother started at FB and LB for his high school team that was 9-4 counting the playoffs. Finished 2nd in district. Had 11 TD'S and 105 tackles (2nd on the team). All district in 7-2aa. Was 5'8 160 pounds and ran a 5.0 in his 40. Heart goes a long ways bud.

Dr. Defense

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Tubz on April 22, 2017, 05:39:17 am
My brother started at FB and LB for his high school team that was 9-4 counting the playoffs. Finished 2nd in district. Had 11 TD'S and 105 tackles (2nd on the team). All district in 7-2aa. Was 5'8 160 pounds and ran a 5.0 in his 40. Heart goes a long ways bud.
What does he do now?

Tubz

Quote from: Oldman on April 22, 2017, 09:14:53 am
What does he do now?

What's that matter? Were in a 2aa football forum talking about 2aa athletes. My point is he out played a lot of kids on his team and in 7-2aa that had more talent.

we_hate_the_band

Dr. Defense

Kraig Crist

Quote from: SR30 on April 21, 2017, 07:45:27 pm
You know band I would reply to that but it would be an insult to your family. Now as far as being infatuated? It's called passion, something that left MC long ago. People started settling for mediocre in the cove while Mark Kehner,a former Panther, brought that passion to GR. So no, it's not infatuation it's passion. It's desire to never settle for less than a trip to the rock in December. So u can make jokes about soiling pants, which tends to happen when you play the game 100% even after getting a concussion, but that's another topic you wouldn't know about.
Anyway I invite you to a GR game in December. Come see how the game is played.
And lastly GR basketball and football are world's apart. MC always wants to play the non contact sports against GR but won't strap up on the grid iron.

But you did reply to it? And Billy Elmore started that fire, Kehner just kept it going.

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: Kraig Crist on April 22, 2017, 10:32:09 am
But you did reply to it? And Billy Elmore started that fire, Kehner just kept it going.

It's ok Kraig, I would acknowledge his request but I've had to make reservations for LR the first weekend of December the last 3 years. Sorry. :/

SR30

I love how people from the cove turn to personal attacks on people. I guess it's your way of accepting the fact your football program sucks and will continue to suck. But it's ok, I see you were able to pull of a district track championship, that's something to be proud of.
And as far as Elmore building the program if I remember correctly he and kehner where hired the same year and built the program together.
So go ahead and make your jokes about spoiled pants after I received a concussion. Doesn't bother me any. So sit there for a minute and think of something else childish to come up with. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Tubz on April 22, 2017, 09:40:42 am
What's that matter? Were in a 2aa football forum talking about 2aa athletes. My point is he out played a lot of kids on his team and in 7-2aa that had more talent.
How many is a lot? Do you know how one gets all district?

SR30

No just not playing the D/A game. Just letting him feel as if he has accomplished something in life. I'm sure it doesn't happen very often.

Beaver Fever

I feel like there is some truth to it

Dr. Defense

Gluteus Maximus Hurt ha!

panther_forever

Its not his fault some people get the crap knocked out of them lol

gameoflife

That's commendable!  Now lets talk about the team that won the state championship.  YOu know the one that had bigger, faster, stronger and dedicated athletes.

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: SR30 on April 22, 2017, 09:24:31 pm
Aww so people from the cove can talk trash but nobody else can.. and I didn't say the kids now did I? I said the program... the program that I was once a part of that has been run into the ground by the powers that be. And when they get a chance to bring life in it, they take the air out of it even more. So don't get on here Mr FF tough guy telling me to shut it. Those boys over there have given blood sweat and tears to a "program" that has given nothing back..

Dump your real thoughts out here and tell us how you really feel. This is all part of the healing process.

sevenof400

All right - lets bring this back on topic and quit the personal mess. 

Dr. Defense

I've said this before but I really think this could be worthy of the Hall.....it's got a little of everything here

sevenof400

Dr. Defense,

I just happened to wander by this thread several days ago and a couple of things caught my interest.  The first has to do with schools like Magnet Cove in terms of their size.  I suspect most every smaller school in Arkansas is dealing with how to get the most they can from their staff at a time when state funding is tightening and budgets are strained.  Combine that with what I suspect is a much higher turnover rate at smaller schools and it can become a revolving door all too often.  It is not much fun to constantly have to attract, identify and hire new staff and the state of constant change can't be good for anyone involved at a school - including students, parents, staff and administration. 

At any rate, I hope Magnet Cove gets this figured out and all turns out well for all involved - students, parents, staff and administration.   

Dr. Defense

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 23, 2017, 12:32:29 pm
Dr. Defense,

I just happened to wander by this thread several days ago and a couple of things caught my interest.  The first has to do with schools like Magnet Cove in terms of their size.  I suspect most every smaller school in Arkansas is dealing with how to get the most they can from their staff at a time when state funding is tightening and budgets are strained.  Combine that with what I suspect is a much higher turnover rate at smaller schools and it can become a revolving door all too often.  It is not much fun to constantly have to attract, identify and hire new staff and the state of constant change can't be good for anyone involved at a school - including students, parents, staff and administration. 

At any rate, I hope Magnet Cove gets this figured out and all turns out well for all involved - students, parents, staff and administration.
Yea this really blew my mind how they handled this one

game on

Boy, this is a spirited discussion.  I hope the Panthers get on track but I think its going to be difficult because it seems that some of the decision makers have strange ideas about what is good for the kids and program.  Clearly you don't have community interest or kids interest at heart when you resign because you didn't get your way. You had your personal interest at heart.  I've talked to a few people who know some of the candidates and I don't understand the pick.  I don't mean to demean the young man hired, only to point out the decision makers lack of evaluation of experience.  It doesn't seem to be money as a few suggest, hiring a younger man means paying out less, because they found ways to increase the salary of the young man they hired.  It does seem to have some personal bias since some have resigned over the decision.  I also heard that one member of the hiring board made a false accusation agains the character of a very fine candidate to keep him from getting the job. It's a sad state when this happens.  Please remember going forward that your job as school administrators, board members, what ever is to better the educational and social/athletic experience of the students.  It's not to hire someone unless they are truly the best candidate.  The term "the best fit" seems to often mean, "a tie to someone" making the decision or someone we think we can control.

Kraig Crist

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 23, 2017, 10:06:22 am
All right - lets bring this back on topic and quit the personal mess.

I will work to clean it up if SR30 will do his duty as well.

SR30

Ughh Sr30 did not go rogue sir. It was some of the others who troll threads and try and garbage them up. If you will read back on my post it wasn't until "we hate the band" brought his mouth into play

Jimbo Morphis

April 23, 2017, 01:47:01 pm #577 Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 02:08:18 pm by Oldman
Soooo back to how great Glen Rose is and how  Cove is scared of them.

sevenof400

If there can be another positive outcome from this, perhaps more people will become interested in serving on the school board.  Far too many elections find candidates running unopposed and while experience is valuable, fresh ideas from new faces is just as valuable. 

Dr. Defense

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 23, 2017, 01:52:29 pm
If there can be another positive outcome from this, perhaps more people will become interested in serving on the school board.  Far too many elections find candidates running unopposed and while experience is valuable, fresh ideas from new faces is just as valuable.

I still wonder if the new coach is connected somehow

SR30

Wow Oldman you finally seen the light... glad you agree

Dayton Kitchens

Wasn't it mentioned last year in another thread here that

"almost no AA & AAA head coaching positions are truly fairly open to applicants" ?     

That almost all the schools in those size categories (and some larger) even when they post positions as "open"  generally have one (sometimes two) coaches they really want and looking at the other applications and even interviewing some of them is largely a (state required) formality.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on April 23, 2017, 02:31:12 pm

"almost no AA & AAA head coaching positions are truly fairly open to applicants" ?     

That almost all the schools in those size categories (and some larger) even when they post positions as "open"  generally have one (sometimes two) coaches they really want and looking at the other applications and even interviewing some of them is largely a (state required) formality.
Not just coaching but life. It's not what you know but who you know In business.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: Oldman on April 23, 2017, 02:53:59 pm
Not just coaching but life. It's not what you know but who you know In business.

Boy ain't that the truth......

game on

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on April 23, 2017, 02:31:12 pm

Quote from: Oldman on April 23, 2017, 02:53:59 pm

This is sad but true.  What it means is that those hiring do not really look for the best candidates, they do not evaluate all the applicants and possibly do not interview those who would cause their chosen pick to be the preferred choice of the group.   If they have a pick in mind it could well be for the wrong reasons.  Relationship of some sort, some preference of some type.  I've heard people on hiring committes talk about the need to hire a certain type, age, or person who runs a particular style of offense for instance. All that doesn't mean you get the best candidate, you get the person that fits whoever is running the shows predetermined fit.

FBlife

Quote from: SR30 on April 22, 2017, 11:18:00 am
I love how people from the cove turn to personal attacks on people. I guess it's your way of accepting the fact your football program sucks and will continue to suck. But it's ok, I see you were able to pull of a district track championship, that's something to be proud of.
And as far as Elmore building the program if I remember correctly he and kehner where hired the same year and built the program together.
So go ahead and make your jokes about spoiled pants after I received a concussion. Doesn't bother me any. So sit there for a minute and think of something else childish to come up with.
Why you even on this page? If your so in love with GR then get off this page.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: game on on April 23, 2017, 08:06:35 pm
This is sad but true.  What it means is that those hiring do not really look for the best candidates, they do not evaluate all the applicants and possibly do not interview those who would cause their chosen pick to be the preferred choice of the group.   If they have a pick in mind it could well be for the wrong reasons.  Relationship of some sort, some preference of some type.  I've heard people on hiring committes talk about the need to hire a certain type, age, or person who runs a particular style of offense for instance. All that doesn't mean you get the best candidate, you get the person that fits whoever is running the shows predetermined fit.
Quote from: FBlife on April 24, 2017, 11:32:07 am
Why you even on this page? If your so in love with GR then get off this page.
BAM!!!

SR30

Uh because I can. Uh because I graduated from the cove, uh because it makes you mad you can't be great like us, uh because we have a program that's running top notch and one of the best in the state, uh because most of all it gets under your skin

gameoflife

FBlife

Quote from: SR30 on April 24, 2017, 02:55:08 pm
Uh because I can. Uh because I graduated from the cove, uh because it makes you mad you can't be great like us, uh because we have a program that's running top notch and one of the best in the state, uh because most of all it gets under your skin
You act like you made that program great. You haven't done crap. Your just one of those parents that talks up there kids or just thinks there a know it all. If you knew about football you would probably be coaching or playing in the pros. Nobody wants you on this page.

SR30

Wow you are truly truly upset today.. do you need a puppy dog and a cry room? I have forgotten more about football than you ever knew, my coaching days are done, I don't have to hype my kid up because he let's his play do that, we seen the writing on the wall and moved on to better things. We weren't good at all when I played at MC but with only 19 players that tends to happen. So go call hillary and cry a little more. Maybe even call Bernie sanders to come tuck you in tonight. You can't go around the rest of your life truly upset sir

FBlife

Quote from: SR30 on April 25, 2017, 11:42:05 am
Wow you are truly truly upset today.. do you need a puppy dog and a cry room? I have forgotten more about football than you ever knew, my coaching days are done, I don't have to hype my kid up because he let's his play do that, we seen the writing on the wall and moved on to better things. We weren't good at all when I played at MC but with only 19 players that tends to happen. So go call hillary and cry a little more. Maybe even call Bernie sanders to come tuck you in tonight. You can't go around the rest of your life truly upset sir
Wow you think that hurts my feelings, when nobody in the state of arkansas or country has heard your sons name. Your son wasn't even good at Magnet Cove.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas