• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Lamar Warriors

Started by Warriors023, March 04, 2017, 10:20:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Warriors023

Lots and lots of talent in this upcoming sophomore class. Any other opinions?

macadoshis

I agree.   Everything starts with the big boys.  If they can't make a hole or hold off the defenders it'll be a long year again.  They'll be better for sure.

TheTruth2010

Lamar will win state this year.  ;)

beach bum

Will they win the 4-3A underachiever award like last year? Losing to Paris, Atkins, and Clarksville was bad for a team with lofty expectations they had last year and only a 2 point win against a 2 win Cedarville?  :o

TheTruth2010

Quote from: beach bum on March 08, 2017, 05:47:07 pm
Will they win the 4-3A underachiever award like last year? Losing to Paris, Atkins, and Clarksville was bad for a team with lofty expectations they had last year and only a 2 point win against a 2 win Cedarville?  :o
The Clarksville game was a bad loss. I don't consider Paris and Atkins bad losses really. It was a Down season, and after the Clarksville game I kinda expected it to be.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on March 08, 2017, 04:22:09 pm
Lamar will win state this year.  ;)

Oh look, another wrong prediction by the Lamar faithful

Interestingcall

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on March 09, 2017, 10:34:40 am
Oh look, another wrong prediction by the Lamar faithful

I see a winky face there, so to me its like a haha thing not them trying to be arrogant. Just my opinion

TheTruth2010

Quote from: JAC08 on March 09, 2017, 10:56:06 am
I see a winky face there, so to me its like a haha thing not them trying to be arrogant. Just my opinion
Exactly.

Coach D 23

Mueller should be the only key player in the senior class. Talented classes are behind them, should help tremendously.

macadoshis

Coming into the season I thought they'dbe a whole lot better than they were.  After watching several practices, they Clarksville went about like I feared it would.  From there I thought they finished right about where I thought they.   Maybe even a spot better than I thought that they would.  As for this year, I think it'llbe alot of the same.   Their contending teams are a year or so away IMO.

young_gun

Quote from: macadoshis on March 12, 2017, 05:17:44 pm
Coming into the season I thought they'dbe a whole lot better than they were.  After watching several practices, they Clarksville went about like I feared it would.  From there I thought they finished right about where I thought they.   Maybe even a spot better than I thought that they would.  As for this year, I think it'llbe alot of the same.   Their contending teams are a year or so away IMO.

Just in time for Booneville and Danville to be back. 2018 will be an interesting year in the 4-3A if the projections are true.

fbhound

I think Lamar will be improved enough to be competitive in 4-3A this year. Expect them to be in the top half of the conference. In a classification where a school usually has 200-290 students in 10-12th grades, and usually between 30 and 40 out for football, it only takes 1-2 great athletes coming in or 1-2 getting hurt early in the season to "make or break" a team.  With 100+ out for 7A school football, you can weather the storm with injuries and even some 5A schools have 60 out for football.

jazdill

Speed and maturity will be the obstacles for the warriors this coming season. Just not many football players in next years Sr class. Jrs and Soph while they me be asked to step up into roles their speed will hurt them...Maturity can be hidden with good speed. I like the soph class but realistically not sure there are any kids that would have played much 2,3 or 4 years ago as sophs. With above being said this season could easily be a better record than last, could also easily be the same which was a 4th place conf finish. I do not see the warriors finishing lower than 4th. Let's face it last years team were underachievers. Talent was there they did not produce. This years team could have a better record with less individual talent on the field.

TheTruth2010

I'm just ready for the season to start already lol

jazdill

Always ready for football season!!! I understand where the excitement comes from last years Freshman class. They had a great season.  While they are a good "group" it is next to impossible to expect them to be able to carry team. This group will be fine down the road. Facts are though this group does not have a kid one like Zac Ward, Hunter Davenport, Casey Kinsey, Blake Kern,  Matt Jones or a Dusty Wilkins who without a doubt you knew would make their selves known on Friday nights even as a soph.

AlumniLights

Quote from: jazdill on March 17, 2017, 11:25:22 am
Always ready for football season!!! I understand where the excitement comes from last years Freshman class. They had a great season.  While they are a good "group" it is next to impossible to expect them to be able to carry team. This group will be fine down the road. Facts are though this group does not have a kid one like Zac Ward, Hunter Davenport, Casey Kinsey, Blake Kern,  Matt Jones or a Dusty Wilkins who without a doubt you knew would make their selves known on Friday nights even as a soph.

Those kids were salty on the baseball diamond as well. Atleast Ward and Jones were. Could not remember if Kinsey played or not. But Jones could bring it from the left side.

macadoshis

I'm anxious to see if anyone steps up to be "the guy" for this team.  Or if it's gonna be a total team effort all year long. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

This season the Warriors just need to beat the curve for a team as young as they are, and build momentum for the future. They may surprise some folks.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas