• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Riverside vs Episcopal

Started by NeaBaller21, March 03, 2017, 07:24:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NeaBaller21

Baller100

neds

^^ the medical Marijuana must have kicked in

870baller15

I think it's gonna be close. Has episcopal played charleston?

Rebelfan77

Ned's you just really must not like Riverside. It could go either way but pulling for the Rebels. They are hungry and want it all!

neds

Quote from: 870baller15 on March 03, 2017, 08:07:31 pm
I think it's gonna be close. Has episcopal played charleston?

Yes, ECS beat them by 10 at a neutral site game

Head Lion

Central AR

March 03, 2017, 08:17:52 pm #7 Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 08:19:30 pm by Central AR
I have Episcopal winning this by 10+. Gavin Stone has been incredible this year but he's going against one of the best on ball defenders in the state, Kam Brasfield. Episcopal has more talent across the board and Riverside doesn't take its foot off the gas which is exactly what Episcopal wants. Gavin Stone is great but the Wildcats are simply more talented top and bottom. More skilled and athletic. Riverside's style of play will haunt them in this game.

NeaBaller21

No one in 3A can guard Gavin Stone 1-on-1 and I can promise you that.

neds

March 03, 2017, 08:26:09 pm #9 Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 08:44:42 pm by neds
Rebelfann77 I am an ECS fan and supporter. That said, this is a young team who no one knows what to expect from them. They have not played well in the play-offs so I expect them to either play up to their potential or go home.
My guess is they play to their potential.

Central AR

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on March 03, 2017, 08:24:45 pm
No one in 3A can guard Gavin Stone 1-on-1 and I can promise you that.

Gavin Stone will get his tomorrow.. No question about it but this is the quickest team the Rebels have seen all year and that's not debatable. ECS is the most balanced team in the 3A. Bryant barely got past Episcopal earlier in the year and they had to really change their usual pace because how good the Wildcats are in the open floor. This game should be great though.

NeaBaller21

Quote from: Central AR on March 03, 2017, 08:32:29 pm
Gavin Stone will get his tomorrow.. No question about it but this is the quickest team the Rebels have seen all year and that's not debatable. ECS is the most balanced team in the 3A. Bryant barely got past Episcopal earlier in the year and they had to really change their usual pace because how good the Wildcats are in the open floor. This game should be great though.
Best of luck! Looking forward to it!

strongandsteady

Quote from: Central AR on March 03, 2017, 08:17:52 pm
I have Episcopal winning this by 10+. Gavin Stone has been incredible this year but he's going against one of the best on ball defenders in the state, Kam Brasfield. Episcopal has more talent across the board and Riverside doesn't take its foot off the gas which is exactly what Episcopal wants. Gavin Stone is great but the Wildcats are simply more talented top and bottom. More skilled and athletic. Riverside's style of play will haunt them in this game.
Its gonna be a track meet and thats what Episcopal wants oddly as that sounds

Radiotalker

Osceola was pretty quick.

NeaBaller21

Head Lion

I'm fairly unbiased on this one. I was not the least impressed with ECS tonight, JMO. I think ECS will be playing checkers tomorrow night and Gavin Stone will be playing chess.

BoxNOne

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 03, 2017, 09:14:45 pm
Osceola was pretty quick.

I watched ECS today and five against five Osceola is quicker. However ECS #4 is the quickest.
I like the Rebels chances in this one.

Warriors023

It seemed to me today against Paris that ECS only has 2 viable players off the bench. This could slow them down if they get Into any sort of foul trouble or play a team with more bench talent. What are your opinions on this?

Lrbasketballguru

I think all the outsiders here have a skewed view of ECS after their performance against Paris. It was not a typical game for them. Look for them to respond in what should be a great game. Go wildcats.

Warriors023

Their starting 5 are good, I truly just didn't see much depth from them.

NeaBaller21

Quote from: Warriors023 on March 03, 2017, 10:52:10 pm
Their starting 5 are good, I truly just didn't see much depth from them.
Riverside plays 5 players. Unless someone gets hurt or in foul trouble. But otherwise you'll see 5 players touch the floor

General Lee

Actually that's very debatable! #4 will no doubt be the quickest player they have faced, but overall Osceola was a quicker team.
Maybe I missed the balance as well because it sure looked like #4 better have a real good game to be their best.

870baller15

I'm sorry to burst your little bubble  but Riverside is use to playing teams like Earle, Marked Tree, and EPC. So trust me when I say that they know what a quick team is.

xadboy

Quote from: 870baller15 on March 03, 2017, 11:55:06 pm
I'm sorry to burst your little bubble  but Riverside is use to playing teams like Earle, Marked Tree, and EPC. So trust me when I say that they know what a quick team is.
Did any of those 3 teams make state? Just because your quick doesn't make you good. They still have to put the ball in the basket.

Episcopal by 10

NeaBaller21

Earle won state last year, EPC got runner up, and Marked Tree made it to the semis.

John M.

Quote from: xadboy on March 04, 2017, 01:04:07 am
Did any of those 3 teams make state? Just because your quick doesn't make you good. They still have to put the ball in the basket.

Episcopal by 10
I assure you Earle is better than Episcopal. Earle would be the clear favorite in 3A.

bbfan89

Episcopal by 10
All three made it and two are playing today. While they are 2A they all could compete with any 3A school. Earle could compete with much higher classifications. I watched the ECS live feed yesterday and was not impressed but they may come out today and look like a million dollars.

Radiotalker

Episcopal by 10

I agree. The poster stated that ECS would be the quickest team that Riverside will face all year. Just don't think thats the case.

Central AR

That's my fault on stating ECS would be the quickest team they've seen all year. I forgot they played Osceola and a few other teams this year. I got to say Bald Knob should keep bidding for the 3A tournament. Their staff is so friendly and facilities are good for 3A. Love going to this place.

neds

Quote from: John M. on March 04, 2017, 07:36:54 am
I assure you Earle is better than Episcopal. Earle would be the clear favorite in 3A.

Episcopal and Earle did play this year at the holiday tournament in Harrison. Earle won by 1 or 2 pts.
Clear favorite would be a stretch

BoxNOne

Agree on Bald Knob hosting. Great job!

neds

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 04, 2017, 08:25:30 am
I agree. The poster stated that ECS would be the quickest team that Riverside will face all year. Just don't think thats the case.

Who are you picking Radio?

Central AR

Quote from: neds on March 04, 2017, 08:49:40 am
Episcopal and Earle did play this year at the holiday tournament in Harrison. Earle won by 1 or 2 pts.
Clear favorite would be a stretch

Episcopal had that game won actually but missed multiple free throws in the 2nd half. That's a huge stretch from original poster.

General Lee

Quote from: Central AR on March 04, 2017, 08:57:54 am
Episcopal had that game won actually but missed multiple free throws in the 2nd half. That's a huge stretch from original poster.

Sounds like free throws is a major problem for this team.

BoxNOne

Quote from: Central AR on March 04, 2017, 08:57:54 am

Poor free throw shooting gave Paris a shot yesterday.

cdelaney

ECS and Earle have had a good mini-rivalry over the past 5 years or so. I love watching Earle play because they play hard on both ends, are very quick, and mentally tough. Earle beat ECS in a close game at Harrison this year. I'm sure they'll take their 40th or whatever World Title next weekend.
Carrying over from another thread, Earle is one of a number of public schools who have had significant issues with eligibility,etc, over the past few years, forfeiting games or vacating wins.  Which is why accusations of ECS being unethical make me laugh.
I honestly don't care if a kid and his family want to play at Earle rather than Marion or W Memphis, or NLR rather than Bryant. I'm pro school choice. I just don't like the hypocrisy directed at the private schools.

John M.

Earle has the ability to take it to another level when Bohannon goes all out. They have a history of success in the state tourney. That's why I said they would be the favorite. I know some 3A coaches that are glad Earle is in 2A. Maybe saying clear favorite implied that I think they are 20 points better. That's not the case but I do believe they would be the favorite in 3A....clearly. 😎

John M.

To get back on topic Riverside may not win today but it will not be because they haven't seen the quickness of a team like ECS before. Marked Tree and EPC are not as good or as quick  but are solid opponents....Earle and Osceola are as talented and quick as any 3A team.

neds

Radiotalker

Quote from: neds on March 04, 2017, 08:50:38 am
Who are you picking Radio?

All I have to base on is the ECS team I saw play yesterday. I will have go with Riverside.and their senior laden team. However, I think the Wildcats have the recipe to defeat the Rebels.  IMO Riverside's achillies is handling pressure defense and lack of depth.  Should be a good one.  Oh, the Rebels press is pretty good too.

neds

Good points.
I hope Riverside does press. Basketball at this level (lack of depth for this class level) is a lot like a NASCAR race. Your car has so much gas in it and that is it. Sometimes you make it to the finish line and sometimes you run out of gas. If Riverside can beat ECS w/five players while pressing them then they should win the whole thing.

Central AR

Riverside has zero depth and they are a 1 man show. Too much talent and ECS best player was in foul trouble.

neds

Congratulations to Episcopal on making it to the final game. Well done by a young team and an interim coach. I sure hope he gets the job full time, he deserves it.

Central AR

I think I counted 11 shots that weren't from Stone. He was the best player on the floor today. ECS guarded Riverside very well and forced a lot of turnovers. Great game. Lots of phantom calls on both ends.

neds

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 04, 2017, 08:25:30 am

They may not be the quickest team Riverside played, but they apparently were the best defending team Riverside played this year.

cdelaney

Quote from: Head Lion on March 03, 2017, 09:24:17 pm
I'm fairly unbiased on this one. I was not the least impressed with ECS tonight, JMO. I think ECS will be playing checkers tomorrow night and Gavin Stone will be playing chess.
Checkmate by the checkers squad

Central AR

RedWolf275

Quote from: Central AR on March 04, 2017, 02:43:44 pm
Riverside has zero depth and they are a 1 man show. Too much talent and ECS best player was in foul trouble.

Yes he was. He was also best at running his mouth. Congrats to EC$!

neds

A little bitter in defeat redwolf

RedWolf275

Not really. Just stating a fact.  He was excellent at mouth running if nothing else. Congrats to EC$.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas