• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 5A West Conference Tournament info

Started by sevenof400, March 03, 2017, 01:10:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

March 03, 2017, 01:10:33 pm Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 10:25:53 pm by sevenof400
5A West Conference Soccer Tournament
Hosted by Harrison H.S.

Monday May 1st:
Girls      Harrison 8 vs Morrilton 0       1:00pm         Game 1
Boys      Harrison 4 vs Morrilton 0       3:00pm         Game 3
Girls      Vilonia 5 vs Clarksville 2       5:00pm      Game 2
Boys      Vilonia 0 vs Maumelle 8          7:00pm         Game 4

Thursday May 4nd:
Girls      Maumelle 8 vs Vilonia 0      1:00pm         Game 5
Girls      Greenbrier 1 vs Harrison 2      3:00pm         Game 6
Boys      Clarksville 2 vs Maumelle 3      5:00pm         Game 7
Boys      Greenbrier 0 vs Harrison 1      7:00pm         Game 8

Friday May 5th:
Girls      Vilonia 0 vs Greenbrier 4             1:00pm         Game 9
Boys      Clarksville 1 vs Greenbrier 0        3:00pm         Game 10
Girls      Maumelle 0 vs Harrison 1            5:00pm         Game 11
Boys      Maumelle 1(4) vs Harrison 1(5)   7:00pm         Game 12

5A West Girls Seeding
1) Harrison
2) Maumelle
3) Greenbrier
4) Vilonia

5A West Boys Seeding
1) Harrison
2) Maumelle
3) Clarksville
4) Greenbrier

All games will be played on turf at FS Garrison Stadium in Harrison

I'm posting this info now (admittedly a long way in advance) in part to encourage other conferences to publicize their conference tournament info as soon as possible so soccer fans can make plans for attendance. 

Thanks to Harrison High School for sharing this information and hosting this tournament!

5A West - West: Harrison, Clarksville, Maumelle
5A West - East: Greenbrier, Vilonia, Morrilton

Standings:
5A West - East: Greenbrier, Vilonia, Morrilton

Boys:

Team          Wins         Losses       Point Differential
Greenbrier     4               0                12
Vilonia           2               2                  4
Morrilton (3)  0               4                  0

Results:

March 7:     Vilonia 2, Morrilton 1
March 28:    Greenbrier 4 Morrilton 0
April 5:       Greenbrier 4 @ Vilonia 1
April 7:       Vilonia 4 @ Morrilton 1
April 21:     Morrilton 0 @ Greenbrier 4
April 28:     Vilonia 1 @ Greenbrier 5

Girls:

Team          Wins         Losses       Point Differential
Greenbrier      4               0               12
Vilonia           2               2                 6
Morrilton (3)  0               4                  0

Results:

March 7:     Vilonia 7, Morrilton 1
March 28:    Greenbrier 6 Morrilton 0
April 5:       Greenbrier 5 @ Vilonia 0
April 7:       Vilonia 6 @ Morrilton 0
April 21:     Morrilton 0 @ Greenbrier 7
April 28:     Vilonia 1 @ Greenbrier 5

Buck183

Interesting. It was explained to me that conference tournaments would be held by the team that wins their conference. If this is in fact the case, how can anyone know where a conference tournament is being hosted yet?

Is this different for each classification?  5A doesn't do it this way?  6A does?  7A does or does not?  4A?

I don't know this to be fact, so please feel free to point me in the right direction if I am wrong. This whole conference tournament thing confuses me anyway.

Buck

VHSCoach2

Buck,

The 5A West AD's got together and Harrison volunterred to host. It's good. Harrison always does a great job hosting.

Sir Alex

Quote from: Buck183 on March 03, 2017, 04:56:55 pm
Interesting. It was explained to me that conference tournaments would be held by the team that wins their conference. If this is in fact the case, how can anyone know where a conference tournament is being hosted yet?

Is this different for each classification?  5A doesn't do it this way?  6A does?  7A does or does not?  4A?

I don't know this to be fact, so please feel free to point me in the right direction if I am wrong. This whole conference tournament thing confuses me anyway.

Buck

How can anyone win their conference during the regular season when teams are split all over blended conferences?
To answer your question, Only 5a and 6a have tournaments. If it is like basketball then 6a will play at the higher seed field and 5a has a tournament at one site.

Buck183

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on March 03, 2017, 07:39:09 pm
Buck,

The 5A West AD's got together and Harrison volunterred to host. It's good. Harrison always does a great job hosting.

That makes sense. So they are basically doing it differently than 6A. AAA doesn't get involved or mandate it be done a certain way as long as it happens, correct?

Please don't take my reply wrong. Just trying to understand the differences in the process.

Buck183

Quote from: Sir Alex on March 03, 2017, 09:21:35 pm
How can anyone win their conference during the regular season when teams are split all over blended conferences?
To answer your question, Only 5a and 6a have tournaments. If it is like basketball then 6a will play at the higher seed field and 5a has a tournament at one site.

If you're asking me, I give up. How can they? 

I'm just a layman trying to wrap my head around all this too. I don't fully understand it all to begin with. I do know what was explained to me and how it worked.  I just made the assumption that it applied to all conferences. It's obvious that assumption was wrong, thus the questions. 

I'm all ears.

sevenof400

Buck,

Please keep in mind a combined classification district is not the same thing as a conference.  As has been said here, the conferences we all knew and were familiar with in the 5A (West, Central, South and East) technically do NOT exist while the combined classification district seasons are being played. 

The only 'conference' play in the 5A and 6A this season will not occur until the respective conference tournaments.

Buck183

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 05, 2017, 08:53:47 am
Buck,

Please keep in mind a combined classification district is not the same thing as a conference.  As has been said here, the conferences we all knew and were familiar with in the 5A (West, Central, South and East) technically do NOT exist while the combined classification district seasons are being played. 

The only 'conference' play in the 5A and 6A this season will not occur until the respective conference tournaments.

Ok, I get that. Being part of a 6A program and the stepchild it is to Arkansas high school athletics I completely understand what you're saying.  You have to remember our program just came out of two years of a combined 6A/7A, and two years before that being part of the powerhouse that is 7A west and basically being a foster child in that scenario. I understand the combined conferences. 

But no one is answering my question. It was explained to me that the conference tournament would be hosted by the school that won their conference.  The details and the specifics of this and the arguments that go for or against it are not relavant. Is this in fact the case or is it not?  That's all I'm asking.

I see now that you've posted a thread saying Siloam Springs would be hosting the post season tournament.  How can we know that if we've been told we won't know until conference is over? 

Was I told wrong? (By an authority) Was something changed along the way?  Did AAA say one thing and do another?  Is one conference doing something different than the other? 

^^^^^This is what I'm asking^^^^^^

Sir Alex

Quote from: Buck183 on March 05, 2017, 09:47:13 pm
Ok, I get that. Being part of a 6A program and the stepchild it is to Arkansas high school athletics I completely understand what you're saying.  You have to remember our program just came out of two years of a combined 6A/7A, and two years before that being part of the powerhouse that is 7A west and basically being a foster child in that scenario. I understand the combined conferences. 

But no one is answering my question. It was explained to me that the conference tournament would be hosted by the school that won their conference.  The details and the specifics of this and the arguments that go for or against it are not relavant. Is this in fact the case or is it not?  That's all I'm asking.

I see now that you've posted a thread saying Siloam Springs would be hosting the post season tournament.  How can we know that if we've been told we won't know until conference is over? 

Was I told wrong? (By an authority) Was something changed along the way?  Did AAA say one thing and do another?  Is one conference doing something different than the other? 

^^^^^This is what I'm asking^^^^^^

i think you may have been told wrong. The only thing I can think of that makes sense about what you had been told is that the higher seed would host. However that would not work really well for schools that have one head coach for both teams. My best guess is that 7 has it right and you are hosting your side of the 6a.  All 5a and 6a conferences will have a tournament.  7a and 4a do not need to do so. Hope that helps.

Buck183

Quote from: Sir Alex on March 05, 2017, 10:17:41 pm
i think you may have been told wrong. The only thing I can think of that makes sense about what you had been told is that the higher seed would host. However that would not work really well for schools that have one head coach for both teams. My best guess is that 7 has it right and you are hosting your side of the 6a.  All 5a and 6a conferences will have a tournament.  7a and 4a do not need to do so. Hope that helps.

I'm thinking you're likely right.  Thank you.

Buck

Go Postal

I have a question about teams in CCD-1.  Is Maumelle  in CCD4 during regular season like they were in basketball but when conference starts they come to CCD-1 side in soccer, not CCD2 like they did in basketball?

If that's true then does any regular season game or tourney game that Maumelle plays against Harrison and Clarksville count for CCD-1 seeding for when the West conference games start?

God I miss the way we use to do it.  Thanks AAA.

Cyclone15

What has happened to Greenbrier Boys? I thought they would be better this year after making state tourney last year and returning most of their team. Currently 1-5, with only win vs, Heber by 1

ClarksvilleFutbol

March 08, 2017, 07:14:46 pm #12 Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 10:18:32 pm by ClarksvilleFutbol

Go Postal

I believe the Friday game in the Re/Max tourney counts for that.

mijally

I'll be heading up for that tourney. Postal do you plan on going?

hogbert

Sir Alex

Quote from: hogbert on March 09, 2017, 07:28:33 pm
Nice forecast for that tourney there Gobs. Dang.

The same every year. The tournament is cursed.

sevenof400

Standings updated. 

Both the Morrilton boys and girls will be the 3 seed from the East. 

Sir Alex

I believe Maumelle and Clarksivlle play their makeup game this week.  On the girls side, Maumelle will wrap up the 1 seed for the western part with a win over Clarksville.  Clarksville and Harrison will play for the second and third seed.

The boys side is a bit more complicated.  A Maumelle win over Clarksville puts Harrison back in the mix for the 1 seed if Harrison can beat Clarskville in a couple weeks then things will come down to a tiebreaker between the three teams. A Clarksville win over Maumelle will leave Maumelle the 3 seed. The Clarskville/Harrison game will be played for first and second seed. 

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Sir Alex on April 08, 2017, 12:28:12 pm
I believe Maumelle and Clarksivlle play their makeup game this week.  On the girls side, Maumelle will wrap up the 1 seed for the western part with a win over Clarksville.  Clarksville and Harrison will play for the second and third seed.

The boys side is a bit more complicated.  A Maumelle win over Clarksville puts Harrison back in the mix for the 1 seed if Harrison can beat Clarskville in a couple weeks then things will come down to a tiebreaker between the three teams. A Clarksville win over Maumelle will leave Maumelle the 3 seed. The Clarskville/Harrison game will be played for first and second seed.

And that's just what happened tonight. Maumelle boys won 0(5)-0(4).

JMBknvc

Thought all three games for seating have been played? Why would they second match up Clarksville vs Harrison count?

Maumelle 1 vs Harrison 2
Harrison 0 vs Clarksville 3
Clarksville 0(4) vs Maumelle 0(5)

Standings (???)
1) Clarksville 1-1 w/ +3 GD
2) Maumelle  1-1 w/ -1GD
3) Harrison   1-1 w/ -2GD

Just my guess would like to know more.

ClarksvilleFutbol

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on April 10, 2017, 10:37:20 pm
And that's just what happened tonight. Maumelle boys won 0(5)-0(4).

One thing to note is that Clarksville's best player was out this game after receiving a red card against Russellville last Friday.

JMBknvc

Quote from: ClarksvilleFutbol on April 10, 2017, 11:30:24 pm
One thing to note is that Clarksville's best player was out this game after receiving a red card against Russellville last Friday.

Guess that makes them even, because Maumelle also had a player out on a Red Card violation.
It was a very good match with both teams having scoring opportunities and either team could have won it regulation. However, it went to PK's and was decided there. 

Sir Alex

Quote from: JMBknvc on April 10, 2017, 11:26:20 pm
Thought all three games for seating have been played? Why would they second match up Clarksville vs Harrison count?

Maumelle 1 vs Harrison 2

Standings (???)
1) Clarksville 1-1 w/ +3 GDe
2) Maumelle  1-1 w/ -1GD
3) Harrison   1-1 w/ -2GD

Just my guess would like to know more.

Each match vs Maumelle for Harrison and Clarksville counts as two games. 

So depending on what happens next Friday, Clarksville could finish 1st or 3rd. If Clarksville beats Harrison, you would have to use a three way tie breaker to determine seeds for district. 

JMBknvc

Quote from: Sir Alex on April 11, 2017, 05:36:11 am
Each match vs Maumelle for Harrison and Clarksville counts as two games. 

So depending on what happens next Friday, Clarksville could finish 1st or 3rd. If Clarksville beats Harrison, you would have to use a three way tie breaker to determine seeds for district.

???  ???  ???
Something just doesn't sound right there, but then again the AAA is involved.

Sir Alex

Quote from: JMBknvc on April 11, 2017, 07:30:39 am
???  ???  ???
Something just doesn't sound right there, but then again the AAA is involved.

Agreed. The problem lies in this blended conference thing. The 5A was fine the way it was.  This combined deal didn't work well for the 6a/7a so they decided to bring in the 5a on all the fun.  Good times. Hopefully this experiment doesn't last long.  Honestly, they should have made the 5a West a 7 team conference and the 5a Central a 9 team conference.

hogbert

no idea why LRCA plays Maumelle twice if they aren't in the same conference. Just doesn't compute. Since we beat them twice I guess it doesn't matter, unless the wins count in the Central?

JMBknvc

Quote from: hogbert on April 11, 2017, 11:50:54 am
no idea why LRCA plays Maumelle twice if they aren't in the same conference. Just doesn't compute. Since we beat them twice I guess it doesn't matter, unless the wins count in the Central?

The reason they played each other twice is, because both schools are in the 5A/6A Combined Conference. Maumelle, is the only team from the 5A West that is that combined conference. Similar to how White Hall is the only 5A South team in the 5A/6A Conference they are in.

Sir Alex

5A West Girls west side

1 Maumelle
2 Harrison
3 Clarskville

JMBknvc

Okay, the Girls are set. What would this be the standings for the boys?

Match Results
Maumelle 1 vs Harrison 2
Clarksville 1(5) vs Harrison 1 (4) *Do not know the PK results, no posted

Standings (???)
1) Clarksville 2-2 w/ GF 4  GA 1  GD +3
2) Maumelle  2-2 w/ GF 1  GA 2  GD -1 or GF 2  GA 4  GD -2 since Maumelle matches are being counted twice
3) Harrison   2-2 w/ GF 3  GA 5  GD -2
*Nothing was figured in for the PK win, not sure if it counts as, but if it did. Would make Clarksville GD +4 and Maumelle GD -1.

VHSCoach2

With the girls being set, here is an update of matches and times for the girls:

Monday, May 1st: - Losing teams are out, winners on to the next round and qualify for state
(W2)Harrison vs. (E3)Morrilton, 1 PM
(E2)Vilonia vs. (W3)Clarksville, 3 PM

Thursday, May 4th: - 1-seeds automatically qualified, the 4 teams playing in this round will be the West's 4 State Tournament representatives, winning teams will play for the 1-2 seeds, losing teams will play for the 3-4 seeds.
(W1)Maumelle vs. Vilonia/Clarksville winner, 1 PM
(E1)Greenbrier vs. Harrison/Morrilton winner, 3 PM

Friday, May 5th:
Maumelle/Vilonia or Clarksville loser vs. Greenbrier/Harrison or Morrilton loser, 1:00 PM - Winning team of this match is the 3-seed, losing team the 4-seed
Maumelle/Vilonia or Clarksville winner vs. Greenbrier/Harrison or Morrilton winner, 5:00 PM - Winning team of this match is the 1-seed, losing team the 2-seed

Sir Alex

Quote from: JMBknvc on April 25, 2017, 09:32:29 am
Okay, the Girls are set. What would this be the standings for the boys?

Match Results
Maumelle 1 vs Harrison 2
Clarksville 1(5) vs Harrison 1 (4) *Do not know the PK results, no posted

Standings (???)
1) Clarksville 2-2 w/ GF 4  GA 1  GD +3
2) Maumelle  2-2 w/ GF 1  GA 2  GD -1 or GF 2  GA 4  GD -2 since Maumelle matches are being counted twice
3) Harrison   2-2 w/ GF 3  GA 5  GD -2
*Nothing was figured in for the PK win, not sure if it counts as, but if it did. Would make Clarksville GD +4 and Maumelle GD -1.

Boys seeds are
1 Clarksville
2 Harrison
3 Maumelle

sevenof400

Note time change for opening day of play..

VHSCoach2

sevenof400

May 01, 2017, 04:27:17 pm #35 Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 04:37:35 pm by sevenof400
Boys:
Harrison 4, Morrilton 0
Final

Vilonia vs Clarksville girls up next

Go Postal

I had this week off to see everyone once again and meet new ones but as luck would have it, I just arrived in Norman, OK for 2 weeks training for my new position at my job.  Durn it.  Thanks for keeping me informed on what's happening at the conference tourney.  Seven, love your Eagle tweets this season. :)
Congratulations GOBS and Lady GOBS!

Sir Alex

Harrison Girls 8 Morrilton 0
Harrison Boys 4 Morrilton 0
Vilonia Girls 5 Clarksville 2

Maumelle leads Vilonia Boys 1-0 with 20 left in the 1st.

Sir Alex

Sir Alex

Quote from: Sir Alex on May 01, 2017, 07:27:20 pm
Maumelle 3 Vilonia 0 with 16:00 left.

4-0 last two were own goals. 13:00 left in the first.

Sir Alex

Quote from: Sir Alex on May 01, 2017, 07:31:22 pm
4-0 last two were own goals. 13:00 left in the first.

5-0 12:49 left...

Sir Alex

Quote from: Sir Alex on May 01, 2017, 07:47:43 pm
7-0 at half.

I think 8-0 was the final. 

Semis
Girls Maumelle vs Vilonia 1:00
Girls Greenbrier vs Harrison 3:00
Boys Clarksville vs Maumelle 5:00
Boys Greenbrier vs Harrison 7:00

All games are Thursday

sevenof400

OP updated.

Times are accurate for now, please check back to see if any schedule changes are made.

Go Postal

The boys game, Clarksville vs Maumelle should be interesting.  Sir Alex or BigChief, is GobTV broadcasting any games?

Go Postal

I got the fish comment on the Veagle tweets​.  Too funny.

sevenof400

Quote from: Go Postal on May 04, 2017, 04:34:53 pm
I got the fish comment on the Veagle tweets​.  Too funny.

It's the only way I can keep from throwing my phone at times with this team.......

Sir Alex

Maumelle girls 8 Vilonia 0

Harrison Girls 2 Greenbrier 1 pk's

HP14

Maumelle VB 3 - Clarksville VB 2   Final

HP14

I may be mistaken but I think Harrison won 1-0 vs Greenbrier

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas