• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Number of wins by each team over the last five years.

Started by stuck in between, March 02, 2017, 12:58:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stuck in between

March 02, 2017, 12:58:25 pm Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 01:31:19 pm by stuck in between
Below is a list of each current 2-A team and the number of wins each team has had over the last five years. I was surprised at how successful a few were and equally surprised at how poorly some had done. Now, my question is: If you were starting your coaching career and you could go to any school that had 20 wins or fewer where would you go and why? Maybe this will help us Fearless junkies make it to kick off time.

Des Arc   48
England   48
Hector   48
Mt. Ida   48
Rison     43
Hackett   42
Conway Christian   41
E.P.C.   41
Hazen   41
McCrory   40
Earle           39
Bearden   37
Carlise    37
Cross County   36
Dierks   36
Magnet Cove   35
Mountainburg   34
Murfreesboro   33
C. Harmony Grove   30
Marked Tree   30
Salem   28
Danville   27
Lavacca   25
Bigelow   23
Brinkley   23
Strong   22
Magazine   21
Quitman   20
Cutter Morning Star   19
Johnson County WS   19
Lafayette County   19
Palestine Wheatley   19
Poyen   19
Foreman   17
Hampton   17
Mineral Springs   17
Parkers Chapel   17
Augusta   14
Woodlawn   14
Decatur   13
Springhill   11
Clarendon   10
Hermitage   9
Western Yell County   8
Midland   2
Marvell - Elaine   2
Mt. Pine   1
Rector   1

beach bum

Great work compiling this list. These are the good type of topics in the offseason for sure. My biggest takeaways are that it is actually pleasantly surprising to see the balance I did not expect to see. Obviously, JC going up to 3A altered the numbers, but to not see anyone hit 50 in 5 years means there was some good balance in 2A outside of JC..... really good balance. The teams that jumped out that really are quite amazing are Hector at 48, Mount Ida at 48, and even Hackett at 42. Hector has had some success in the past, but some really big lows in their history too. 48 in five years is something really special. Hackett has had some so so teams here and there so 42 in five years is pretty special to them. It is all perspective as to what your programs expectations are. And the last thought is I feel sad for those teams at the bottom of the list.

big E

Marvell has 2 wins in the past 5 years they beat PW and Brinkley.

Hornet4ever

bigworm

My team tied for first place!!!

I'd go to quitman. Great support there and a good community. 

stuck in between

Quote from: big E on March 04, 2017, 06:09:20 am
Marvell has 2 wins in the past 5 years they beat PW and Brinkley.

This has been corrected. When you look at the general information page on FF it shows only one, but when you dig deeper in the individual season scores it does show two wins. My apologies to the Mustang faithful.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on March 02, 2017, 01:16:23 pm
Great work compiling this list. These are the good type of topics in the offseason for sure. My biggest takeaways are that it is actually pleasantly surprising to see the balance I did not expect to see. Obviously, JC going up to 3A altered the numbers, but to not see anyone hit 50 in 5 years means there was some good balance in 2A outside of JC..... really good balance. The teams that jumped out that really are quite amazing are Hector at 48, Mount Ida at 48, and even Hackett at 42. Hector has had some success in the past, but some really big lows in their history too. 48 in five years is something really special. Hackett has had some so so teams here and there so 42 in five years is pretty special to them. It is all perspective as to what your programs expectations are. And the last thought is I feel sad for those teams at the bottom of the list.

Tanner gaines won 42 games as a starting QB( I think).... We'll be interesting to see where the Hector program goes from here

Hgalum50

I would say PC,Lafayette, or Bigelow funny thing is I am in school to be a coach.

southarkdaddy

Hatchet

pretty sure Cross County has more than 36.  The last three years they have won 30.

Mr. Trill

I'd choose Quitman just because it's down the road.

playmaker04

Quote from: Hatchet on March 17, 2017, 03:29:15 pm
pretty sure Cross County has more than 36.  The last three years they have won 30.
Cross County has 37.
2012- 3-6-1
2013- 5-5
2014 9-4
2015 10-2
2016 10-3

Lions84

My Lions been pert near toothless the past 5 years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas