• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A STATE SCORES WEDNESDAY

Started by Brian G, February 28, 2017, 10:12:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Grond

Girls: Harrison 35 - Paragould 24 at half.

Grond

GIRLS: HARRISON 56 - PARAGOULD 36 FINAL

mijally

Chief_Osceola™

Maumelle leads 61-36 over FC at halftime.

mijally

Chief_Osceola™

Maumelle - 85
Forrest City - 62

End of 3

Chief_Osceola™

Maumelle - 100
Forrest City - 71

Final

Ponca

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on March 01, 2017, 04:07:33 pm
Maumelle - 100
Forrest City - 71

Final

Wasn't quite the same game as last year in state huh? :D

Forrest City kinda poor losers today. I lost count of the technical fouls they tallied up today.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Ponca on March 01, 2017, 05:03:37 pm
Wasn't quite the same game as last year in state huh? :D

Forrest City kinda poor losers today. I lost count of the technical fouls they tallied up today.

We ran them out of the gym. One thing we did today that I haven't seen a lot of this year was turn on the jets in the 2nd quarter instead of after halftime. I don't know if FC just wasn't conditioned as other teams or what but that was nice to see.

AT

Girls

Valley View - 51
Alma - 41

FINAL

Go Postal

Harrison 25
Greene CO Tech 15
End of 1st

Go Postal

Harrison 36
Greene CO Tech 28

Half

Go Postal

GCT coach gets sent out of gym after 2nd, now 3rd technical. :o

Go Postal

Harrison 64
Greene CO Tech 38
End of 3rd

Go Postal

Chief_Osceola™

What is it with the 5A East and technical fouls?

Go Postal

Harrison 84
Greene CO Tech 52
Final

GOBS played horrible in 1st half but finally got their act together in 2nd half.

Rulesman

Quote from: Go Postal on March 01, 2017, 06:42:52 pm
GCT coach gets sent out of gym after 2nd, now 3rd technical. :o
Thats not his first ejection rodeo this year.

mijally

Quote from: Rulesman on March 01, 2017, 07:08:14 pm
Thats not his first ejection rodeo this year.
He looked like a fool who bailed on his team and buried any hope they had to come back.

Ponca

Quote from: mijally on March 01, 2017, 07:28:57 pm
He looked like a fool who bailed on his team and buried any hope they had to come back.

GCT coach reminded me of Shooter from Hooisers going across the court like that.

Even he must know this is a 4-team tournament and only 2 will be left after the 2nd round.

Ponca

March 01, 2017, 07:45:32 pm #21 Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 07:49:00 pm by Ponca
Quote from: Go Postal on March 01, 2017, 07:04:02 pm
Harrison 84
Greene CO Tech 52
Final

GOBS played horrible in 1st half but finally got their act together in 2nd half.

The good thing is they got to save their legs a bit. Played a lot of JV kids tonight. Should be better rested than when they met the Maumelle buzzsaw last week.

mijally

Quote from: Ponca on March 01, 2017, 07:45:32 pm
The good thing is they got to save their legs a bit. Played a lot of JV kids tonight. Should be better rested than when they met the Maumelle buzzsaw last week.
Here's your shot at the 'View. The West is pulling for you.

Ponca

Quote from: mijally on March 01, 2017, 08:01:57 pm
Here's your shot at the 'View. The West is pulling for you.

Everyone up in Harrison knew this going into the season. To win the 'Ship, you got to beat Parkview. Would be a feat!

MDXPHD

March 01, 2017, 08:12:21 pm #24 Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 08:17:07 pm by MDXPHD
Girls:

Batesville - 45
Farmington - 47

End of 3rd

MDXPHD

Girls Final:

Farmington - 60
Batesville - 55

ASURedWolf6

mijally

I think there were 5 with two ejections. Now I know what the Tech stands for.

sevenof400

Quote from: mijally on March 01, 2017, 09:02:20 pm

Where, oh where is Steve Perry tonight? 

Ponca

Quote from: mijally on March 01, 2017, 09:02:20 pm

+1

Ponca

HALFTIME: Blytheville 25, Morrilton 24

Ponca

END OF 3RD QUARTER: Morrilton 45, Blytheville 38

Hoghead2

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on March 01, 2017, 07:03:19 pm
What is it with the 5A East and technical fouls?
Undisciplined character traits. Giving the school a unsavory look among the biggest stage in Arkansas High School basketball. Unprofessional and uncalled for.

Go Postal

AT

Another strange 5A East occurence...from Jeremy Muck's twitter page:

"Officials called the game with 12.2 seconds left after Blytheville committed an intentional foul. #arpreps"

BOYS

Morrilton - 72
Blytheville - 58

FINAL

Ponca

Morrilton 72-58 Final. Game called with 12 seconds left because East being rear ends again. What is it with the East? West 3-1. Greenbrier should be embarrassed.

Ponca

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 01, 2017, 09:19:07 pm
Where, oh where is Steve Perry tonight?

Drinking PBR's with me in a Magnolia dive bar filled with SAU co-eds.

Hoghead2

Hoghead will enter Magnolia Panther Arena for Friday's games.  See ya there Folks !

The Green Arrow

Quote from: Ponca on March 01, 2017, 10:24:50 pm
Morrilton 72-58 Final. Game called with 12 seconds left because East being rear ends again. What is it with the East? West 3-1. Greenbrier should be embarrassed.

I honestly expected the East to get swept first round. Conference is just down this year. Usually the east just relies heavily on Forrest City to carry them in the tournament and they're down this year. Everyone beat everyone in conference play this season.

godeep

Your right. East was really down. FC had to eventually be down. Hope Nettlleton can get to semis. That would be huge.

cannon

Quote from: Hoghead2 on March 01, 2017, 09:55:45 pm
Undisciplined character traits. Giving the school a unsavory look among the biggest stage in Arkansas High School basketball. Unprofessional and uncalled for.

Easy, there. I'm here watching Valley View's girls, one of which is my daughter. They're an East team and got zero "T's" during the game, which is more than can be said for the West team they were playing.

With that said, i watched the FC game, the Paragould girls game, the VV game, the GCT game, and the Batesville game, and there was AT LEAST one Tech called in every game. If you ask me, the refs got a little trigger happy with asserting their authority.

I was sitting behind GCT's bench during the game, and I can say with certainty that the coach had the first 2 coming. The 3rd was bogus. The 4th was deserved, but the 5th was, and I am quoting the ref "because the assistant coach was holding his hands up." 

In the Farmington - Batesville game, I was sitting behind Farmington's bench. They T'd up Farmington's coach for absolutely no reason. His bench was full, and he was standing beside the chair closest to the scorer's table, and they popped him for standing outside the box with no warning whatsoever. I was cheering for Batesville, and still boo'd the ref for being a bully.

I watch these kids shake hands after the game with tears streaming down their faces.  Many of them are playing in their last game as a high school student. It's not hard to understand why it hurts, so when you're bashing the character of a entire conference, try to remember you're criticizing the character of kids, and some of them are as young as 15 years. I'm not condoning unsportsmanlike behavior, but I see a lot of parents posting around this joint that are poor losers. How folks rationalize an expectation that these kids are somehow immune from emotional meltdowns escapes me. It happens - cut em a little slack.

sevenof400

Quote from: Hoghead2 on March 01, 2017, 09:55:45 pm

Let's hope there are consequences.

mijally

Quote from: cannon on March 02, 2017, 10:37:49 am
Easy, there. I'm here watching Valley View's girls, one of which is my daughter. They're an East team and got zero "T's" during the game, which is more than can be said for the West team they were playing.

With that said, i watched the FC game, the Paragould girls game, the VV game, the GCT game, and the Batesville game, and there was AT LEAST one Tech called in every game. If you ask me, the refs got a little trigger happy with asserting their authority.

I was sitting behind GCT's bench during the game, and I can say with certainty that the coach had the first 2 coming. The 3rd was bogus. The 4th was deserved, but the 5th was, and I am quoting the ref "because the assistant coach was holding his hands up." 

In the Farmington - Batesville game, I was sitting behind Farmington's bench. They T'd up Farmington's coach for absolutely no reason. His bench was full, and he was standing beside the chair closest to the scorer's table, and they popped him for standing outside the box with no warning whatsoever. I was cheering for Batesville, and still boo'd the ref for being a bully.

I watch these kids shake hands after the game with tears streaming down their faces.  Many of them are playing in their last game as a high school student. It's not hard to understand why it hurts, so when you're bashing the character of a entire conference, try to remember you're criticizing the character of kids, and some of them are as young as 15 years. I'm not condoning unsportsmanlike behavior, but I see a lot of parents posting around this joint that are poor losers. How folks rationalize an expectation that these kids are somehow immune from emotional meltdowns escapes me. It happens - cut em a little slack.
I disagree with you on this. I agree with what the refs are doing. Call the T 's early in the tournament and often against the teams and coaches who want to act like idiots and don't belong in the tournament in the first place. That sends a message for the good teams in the later rounds.

Rulesman

Sometimes we, as officials, are our own worst enemy. Make the call during the regular season and we might not be having the post-season problems. Some officials  let the coaches intimidate them and the officials are afraid to take care of business for fear of being "scratched." I say horse hockey! Good officials don't have that problem, as evidenced in the state tournament. I once heard a coach tell an old, well-respected veteran (older than me) that he will never work here again. The response? "That's OK coach. If I'm not here I'll be working somewhere else." You know what? He was right.

cannon

Quote from: mijally on March 02, 2017, 11:33:26 am
I disagree with you on this. I agree with what the refs are doing. Call the T 's early in the tournament and often against the teams and coaches who want to act like idiots and don't belong in the tournament in the first place. That sends a message for the good teams in the later rounds.

Here again, I only saw one coach act like an idiot, and he was ejected, as he should've been. I saw a couple of kids act immature, and they got disciplined, as it should've been. And then I saw a couple of T's that were called for absolutely no reason, and I'm convinced that one was from a young guy with a chip on his shoulder.  As for the one against Farmington, I have no explanation for it.  I was sitting one row behind him, cheering for the opposing team, and I can tell you the coach never opened his mouth.

Now, with regards to those teams that "Don't belong in the tournament."  Care to elaborate on that list of teams and why they "Don't belong in the tournament?"  Novice HS sports watchers, like myself, would love to hear from a bona fide expert as to which qualifying "good" teams should be allowed to participate in a tournament and which teams (the ones that aren't "good") should not.  ???

mijally

I'm not an expert and you're not a novice.  Teams that go to state, get blown out, then act like sore losers and embarrass themselves and their school don't belong.  Go home. Get out. Hit the bricks. That's all Cannon. No more no less.

Rulesman

Quote from: mijally on March 02, 2017, 02:50:12 pm
I'm not an expert and you're not a novice.  Teams that go to state, get blown out, then act like sore losers and embarrass themselves and their school don't belong.  Go home. Get out. Hit the bricks. That's all Cannon. No more no less.
IMO too many teams go to state. Top 2 from the region in each class is plenty. Makes it more meaningful and eliminates the trophy for all mentality.

cannon

Quote from: mijally on March 02, 2017, 02:50:12 pm

Maybe I misunderstood your post. Maybe I'm a bit defensive. I'm here watching a girls team that struggled to get here and has zero chance of getting any farther than they are right now. They're out of that dreaded, weak, East conference, and they're clearly playing over their heads. Park view will definitely blow them out. But they worked hard to get here and made it through the first round, and they're proud of that.

In other news, I just witnessed today's first senseless Tech in the Fair/Hot Springs game.

cannon

. . . and there's tech #2. Against Fair.

mijally

Quote from: cannon on March 02, 2017, 04:00:25 pm
Maybe I misunderstood your post. Maybe I'm a bit defensive. I'm here watching a girls team that struggled to get here and has zero chance of getting any farther than they are right now. They're out of that dreaded, weak, East conference, and they're clearly playing over their heads. Park view will definitely blow them out. But they worked hard to get here and made it through the first round, and they're proud of that.

In other news, I just witnessed today's first senseless Tech in the Fair/Hot Springs game.
Cannon I've never seen a girls team act the way the boys teams do.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas