• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intentional walk

Started by cuckoobird, February 22, 2017, 07:22:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cuckoobird

Anyone besides me disagree with the MLB changing the intentional walk rule?

Made

High school started using this a few years back. I like it to be honest helps speed up the game.

Jacketman65

I guess that no one really cares except for the "Ole Made" there Cook!

cuckoobird

I just think it gives a slight advantage to the defensive team. It eliminates at the minimum 7 throws being made that could potentially cause an error and that the runner could advance on.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 01, 2017, 07:48:59 am
I just think it gives a slight advantage to the defensive team. It eliminates at the minimum 7 throws being made that could potentially cause an error and that the runner could advance on.

How many errors are Major League players going to make while issuing an intentional walk?

Made

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on March 01, 2017, 08:37:33 am
How many errors are Major League players going to make while issuing an intentional walk?
I've seen it before.....

Saw PA get beat a few years back, team intentionally walked their best hitter his first 3 times, would wait until he got set in the box then the coach would make the signal. He got extremely frustrated, one time even doing it to load the bases. His final at bat they finally pitched to him, but frustration set in and he ended the game with an infield pop up.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Made on March 01, 2017, 08:50:08 am
I've seen it before.....

Saw PA get beat a few years back, team intentionally walked their best hitter his first 3 times, would wait until he got set in the box then the coach would make the signal. He got extremely frustrated, one time even doing it to load the bases. His final at bat they finally pitched to him, but frustration set in and he ended the game with an infield pop up.

Well, yes. High school is a lot different than the MLB, which is what I thought we were talking about. You may see 1 error per 100 IBB (maybe more) in the major leagues. Not worth arguing about changes the league is making this year

cuckoobird

March 01, 2017, 09:32:32 am #7 Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 10:03:24 am by cuckoobird
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/02/intentional-walk-fails-hits-wrong-wild-pitch-mlb-rules-walks

I would assume that errors are committed more during an intentional walk than perfect games thrown by pitchers. IMHO it just takes away from the "what if's" of the game.

This article, although harsh in language, is dead on. There are already rules in place to speed up the game but umpiring has allowed premadonas to make sure they get full attention with their pace breaking rituals. http://deadspin.com/baseballs-new-intentional-walk-scheme-is-a-pointless-o-1792633670

OB11

I don't have nearly as much of an issue with the intentional walk changes as I do with this...

This is Carter Capps (Now with the San Diego Padres). MLB is trying to decide if this is legal or not.  IMO this should not be allowed. Next thing you know pitchers will be taking a crow hop before each pitch.   

cuckoobird

I agree that's odd but I bet it hurts his team with several extra stolen bases against him

OB11

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 03, 2017, 10:54:30 am
I agree that's odd but I bet it hurts his team with several extra stolen bases against him

I looked it up and he's given up 30 stolen bases in 118 games.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: cuckoobird on February 22, 2017, 07:22:05 pm
Anyone besides me disagree with the MLB changing the intentional walk rule?

I'm with you on this.  For high school ball it makes sense especially with the new pitch count rules. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas