• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is pro sports rigged?

Started by mtindian42, February 06, 2017, 05:59:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mtindian42

February 06, 2017, 05:59:19 am Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 06:15:35 am by mtindian42
As more and more fans say good bye to pro sports for what they say is it's scripted. My question is do any of you believe pro sports have been overtaken by money?

Are pro sports legit or entertainment?

The fans that are walking away by the millions say and I "quote" pro sports have became the same as the wwe. What say you?

There is a guy that started (the fix is in) according to his study pro sports games are rigged by way of Vegas and the refs and also by storylines.

The year New Orleans beat the colts was right around the time of disaster there.

New England comes out of no where right around 9-11

Giants beat the unstoppable patriots in the SB

Manning and Denver take down The panthers. Manning rides off into the sunset a winner.

Some of these storylines you can't denie look alarming.

The one that has folks walking away the most is the Seahawks game. You have a beast in your backfield and you pass the ball on the 1? Come on now... I smell something fishey here! NFL is scripting its games for ratings! The same as all other leagues...

Redwolves8526

I feel like it would be really hard to script all of that. Also, I don't think they could pay some guys enough to purposely lose. Especially the guys that are fighting to stay on the roster

mtindian42

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on February 06, 2017, 08:13:47 am
I feel like it would be really hard to script all of that. Also, I don't think they could pay some guys enough to purposely lose. Especially the guys that are fighting to stay on the roster
the NFL admitted to a judge in 2010 that it was (entertainment) when they said that they let the world know they could fix there games if they wanted to. Go back and look at all the SBs from 01-now. They scream (fixed)

Redwolves8526

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 06, 2017, 08:46:03 am
the NFL admitted to a judge in 2010 that it was (entertainment) when they said that they let the world know they could fix there games if they wanted to. Go back and look at all the SBs from 01-now. They scream (fixed)

Sports have always been entertainment for the people not playing them, haven't they?

mtindian42

Entertainment as in we can do the same as the wwe if we like.

BannerMountainMan

Edelman really scripted that catch.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 06, 2017, 10:08:38 am
Entertainment as in we can do the same as the wwe if we like.

Poor comparison. WWE is blatantly rigged. You can't fake hitting a 95mph fastball, hitting a receiver 50 yards downfield with a defender in his face, making a contested jumper from 30ft out, etc. There have been plenty of blowouts in championship games. Just because there are good story lines, great endings, etc every once in a while doesn't mean that pro sports are rigged.

Chief_Osceola™

If the NFL was rigged, Atlanta would have won last night.  Especially considering the recent history with Goodell and Kraft/Belichick/Brady.  Kraft really turned the knife with his comments at the post-game celebration too. 

mtindian42

Lol. The in game play is the best players in the world. I love when this is brought out into the light folks go right away to play on the field as there defense...

The play on the field is legit. You can't do that stuff they do in live action in a script.
You can however through the refs make a huge difference in the game. Refs and Vegas rule football. Even tho the games are now like wwe matches...  (Predetermined) you can still enjoy the new brand... Just with a it's fake mind set...

VHSCoach2

The referees were fair and impartial last night.  Sure, they missed some calls, but they missed calls on both sides.  There wasn't really one "bad" call that changed the flow of the game.  What changed the flow of the game was Kyle Shanahan's decision to pass on 2nd and manageable from the Patriots 22 yard line with about 4 minutes to go.

mtindian42

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 06, 2017, 11:45:36 am
If the NFL was rigged, Atlanta would have won last night.  Especially considering the recent history with Goodell and Kraft/Belichick/Brady.  Kraft really turned the knife with his comments at the post-game celebration too.
thats all part of the show...

Chief_Osceola™

So you think there's a vast conspiracy to make sure certain teams win?

mtindian42

Chief_Osceola™

mtindian42

It stops being a sport the second you Singh with the Bussness. HS and Colloge is where real football is played. NFL is all about ratings and doing what's best for its Bussness...

If you examine the product you will notice things you don't see right now. Cause your not looking for them.

Dallas vs GB game. Clearly dez Bryant caught that pass. The league wanted GB to win so it got called incomplete.

Tuck rule which was clearly a fumble. Pats won the game.

Manning throwing the int on purpose in the SB vs the saints. League wanted the saints to win.

49ers vs Ravens in the SB. Ray Lewis has even said something was fishey about that night.

Seahawks vs pats in the SB. Lynch has said something was off about the end of that game.

Last night. The list goes on and on... It's still football at the core. The product as a whole however is corrupt... Illuminati is now on the payroll... It will never be the same again!

beach bum

Redwolves8526

mtindian42

Here you go. All the proof you need

cuckoobird

I question pro sports as a whole with all the perfect story lines in big games. The one that stands out the most is last year's NBA finals with the suspension of the warriors best defensive player. Low and behold the leagues crowned prince comes back from 3-1 deficit to win Cleveland's first title. I've been skeptical of pro sports for a while plus the me first attitude of 90% (imo) of the players has had me tuned out for a very long time. I will suggest that the reason for NE success and dominance has been because BB keeps his distance from primadonnas and gathers players together with a team first attitude, not that goodell wanted them to win. Now, some of the other SB's you suggested I might could agree with you.

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on February 07, 2017, 10:10:05 am
I've been skeptical of pro sports for a while plus the me first attitude of 90% (imo) of the players has had me tuned out for a very long time.

That is why Greg Popovich won with all the foreign guys and still believes in them. They do not grow up in the American "get what you can and screw everyone else in the process" ideals. He has even referenced it just as I just said and that obviously angered a lot of people. I would do the same as a GM in the NBA or MLB.

dc24

I don't think so. I think certain teams do get the short end of the stick at times and I think that the officials in these sports can be biases, but it's mostly subconscious. Happens without them really knowing it.

I have just come to accept that most officials at almost any level will be fairly bad. I also try to look at it from different angles and try to understand why a call may have been made a certain way because I have called games at the youth level. It isn't easy at that level when its going slower so I know it's not easy at the pro, college, or high school level.

Honestly, my biggest complaint about officials are ones that have thin skin and are on power trips. Those are the ones that take things personal and then you may see a call or two go the wrong way that shouldn't have.

I mean we should all be talking about how Tom Brady threw the game-sealing interception to Robert Alford, but instead he dropped it and somehow Julian Edelman caught it. There weren't really too many egregious calls in this one I thought, but admittedly I wasn't as zoned in on the game as most others probably were.

mtindian42

Originally Posted by offtherecord1234
Sure, I bet I'm going to get a lot of "fake" accusations over this, but there's no way I'm going to identify myself here, so either believe it or don't. I just need to get this off my chest because there's nowhere else I can vent.

I play football professionally. Not going to say which team, position, or number of years playing, etc that might give away any identifying information, so don't even bother trying to figure that out. I will say that I'm not a rookie and leave it at that.

In case you didn't already assume this, the culture of drug use is rampant. Everyone in the league, and I mean everyone, uses PED's. We have to in order to perform at the level we're expected to perform; it's literally an unwritten, unspoken part of the contract. If someone decides to be captain moral high ground donkey and refuses to use them, they'll end up being marginalized by the coaching staff and looked down upon by the rest of the guys for not contributing in every way they should be, and they may be kept off the field or even forced out of the organization altogether if they're expendable. This fate is generally decided before a player's rookie season even begins, so it's not really an issue with veteran players. Nobody questions it, everyone just knows it's what you're supposed to do.

Contrary to popular belief, the league doesn't test for them, besides a few specific substances, and everyone knows the routine and how to beat it. They don't test for synthetic HGH at all, for example, which is one of the PED's I use.

What I hate most however (and this may sound contradictory given the first thing, but it isn't and I'll explain why) is the degree to which games or point differentials are fixed. Everyone knows it happens, but most people aren't aware of how often it happens. It's way, way, way more common than most people are aware of. For example, I can tell you right now, with absolute certainty, that the Chargers/Colts game on MNF was fixed. No, I don't play for either of them, but everything about it was textbook (just look at all the "dropped" passes to see what I mean.) Not just the obvious things like dropped passes, but the subtle things too like little subtleties that indicate the front seven is allowing lanes to open up. Once you've participated in it you learn to recognize it. Players laugh about it like it's all a big joke and it ticks me off.

This doesn't conflict with the expectation of PED use because generally only "junk games" are fixed because those are the deals players are most likely to take - by that I mean meaningless games between two losing teams, or a losing team against a winning team where the winning team has no competition in their division anyway and wouldn't be hurt by dropping a game. The latter scenario tends to pay out more, since more can be put on the line without drawing suspicion (if an unusual amount of betting activity takes place on a meaningless game, it attracts unwanted attention...)

I've participated in a couple of fixed games. I absolutely hate myself for it, it is a lot bigger of an issue for me than the PED use. I feel like I am messing all over the sport that I love and it isn't fair to the fans who pay to see what they think is a genuine game. But I also feel like I can't speak up for fear of being marginalized or not taken seriously.

I generally despise the league for this and other reasons. All the league cares about is $$$, they don't care about the integrity of the game. I'm not the only player who feels this way. Anyway, I cut short my weight routine to write this, so I better get back to battle.

Longfellow

You're basing your argument on a Reddit post?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas