• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Signing Day

Started by Valleysports, January 25, 2017, 01:33:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valleysports

January 25, 2017, 01:33:21 pm Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 10:17:41 am by Valleysports
If we already have a thread let me know please.  Thought I'd check up a bit on what's going on in the recruiting world.  This link warmed my heart, even with TOSU benefiting lol.  Article is about Texas Recruits fleeing the Big 12.

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/128929/top-recruits-in-texas-are-avoiding-big-12-like-never-before

smallybells

Can't say I blame them, the BIGXII has become quite the dumpster fire as of late.

beach bum

You mean no one wants to play for Iowa State or Kansas?

Valleysports

"Great recruiting classes become great teams".

bdubyab60

Valleysports

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 30, 2017, 10:39:20 pm
Sometimes

Yep - stats show that 1/3 quit, fail, drop out.  Another 1/3 don't pan out, end up as back ups.  Last 1/3 turn into to starters and significant contributors.  But it's all a way and see game.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Valleysports on January 31, 2017, 04:20:08 pm
Yep - stats show that 1/3 quit, fail, drop out.  Another 1/3 don't pan out, end up as back ups.  Last 1/3 turn into to starters and significant contributors.  But it's all a way and see game.
Then there's coaching, injuries and the all important luck lol

bdubyab60

But good players help for sure

BannerMountainMan

Huge CB package, it's what we have been missing and we got em!

Longfellow

Now if they can just sign a QB, 5 new OL, 4 new DL, 3 LB's, a kicker, a new coach, and a new AD

Lions84

Good day for the Hogs. We got a solid class.
Baylor has a horrible class and still out does Texas.

Valleysports

February 01, 2017, 02:02:15 pm #11 Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 06:48:58 pm by Valleysports
Texas is like #33 or so - love it!  Five SEC Teams in the Top 10 or 11.

Chief_Osceola™

FSU has a good class. Got 4 5-stars including the #2nd, 3rd, and 5th rated guys in the country - Cam Akers, Josh Kaindoh, and Marvin Wilson. 23 total commits. I think we ended up #5 on Rivals but not sure what our composite is. I'm happy with the group we're bringing in.

BannerMountainMan

Never had a 4* Defensive back since 2009 and now we have 2!

LRRandy

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 01, 2017, 08:52:51 pm
FSU has a good class. Got 4 5-stars including the #2nd, 3rd, and 5th rated guys in the country - Cam Akers, Josh Kaindoh, and Marvin Wilson. 23 total commits. I think we ended up #5 on Rivals but not sure what our composite is. I'm happy with the group we're bringing in.
Wilson is a good get for you. With Okudah and Browning already in Columbus and the three of them being good friends I thought for sure Wilson was going to be a Buckeye.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: LRRandy on February 03, 2017, 10:40:45 am
Wilson is a good get for you. With Okudah and Browning already in Columbus and the three of them being good friends I thought for sure Wilson was going to be a Buckeye.

They're all from Houston aren't they?  Were they on the same team?  I knew there was a connection somehow to OSU and that the Bucks were one of his finalists.  He was a must for us - even with all the other guys, someone like Wilson can change an entire defense.  Hopefully he ends up having the same kind of impact as Jernigan in 2013.

LRRandy

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 03, 2017, 12:53:11 pm
They're all from Houston aren't they?  Were they on the same team?  I knew there was a connection somehow to OSU and that the Bucks were one of his finalists.  He was a must for us - even with all the other guys, someone like Wilson can change an entire defense.  Hopefully he ends up having the same kind of impact as Jernigan in 2013.
all three from different areas of state but friendships grew through being at same camps and recruiting trips and all star games.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas