• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bohanon got 1st SEC offer

Started by Donnie Jamon, January 16, 2017, 03:59:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnie Jamon

Alabama it is. Many more to follow

Ctucker

thescout

would be great to see what he could do against real competition

Pit Bull

Wonderdog

Dogg

Congrats Gerry, the nation is proud of you on the field and the classroom

sickwillie

That's great. Many many more to follow

KOJACK

Congratulations from P-Town. From what I've seen dude looks like a beast.

Butch_Cassidy

Quote from: thescout on January 16, 2017, 06:44:21 pm
would be great to see what he could do against real competition
He does everytime he goes to one of those big camps with kids from all across the nation and he finishes in the top.  Congratulations to Gerry Keep God and Keep Grinding

thescout

that wasn't meant to be taken as a negative..He's a great kid from everything I have seen and heard from him..Congrats on the offer..I'm sure there are many more to come.  Just wonder how good he could be if he were playing on a bigger stage against better competition

Boss Hog

Donnie Jamon

I don't know a position but i do know that he is working with Clint Stoerner every chance he can get

Backwoods Bart

Looking at his Hudl video, he is a game changer. My question is, why did Earl not go deeper in the playoffs? 

sickwillie

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on January 17, 2017, 10:39:05 am

Looking at his Hudl video, he is a game changer. My question is, why did Earl not go deeper in the playoffs?

They had to play England in England, right? It was a close game for a while and England out powered them in the 4th

Butch_Cassidy

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on January 17, 2017, 10:39:05 am

He is a game changer without a doubt.  Earle just had to many mistakes and missed tackles to over come a senior heavy team that was Ranked #1 in the State.  We will see how things turn out for Earle this up coming season

mr.gametime

Ventman

Congrats to the young man! Hate to see talent like that leave the state.

bigworm

Congrats to Gerry. I'd say theres not a better offer on the planet. This one offer will open up many many many doors. Earle will be real real real tuff to beat next year. Hes a beast.

Hornet4ever

Pit Bull

Bohanon's teammate Williams was offered a full ride to play football at Hendrix in the Fall! This is awesome because these kids have achieved on the field and in the classroom... Great Job Coach Coleman on getting your kids ready for the next level. I'm sure there will be many more from that sophomore group soon...

Dogg

Coleman spends a lot of time and his own money getting these kids where they need to be to be successful.  Dontrell should receive an offer any day now.

Sonofasonofasailor

Saw this earlier today.

Auburn has offered Gerry Bohanon of Earle as a quarterback. Alabama recently offered.

Dogg

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on January 24, 2017, 11:54:30 am
Saw this earlier today.

Auburn has offered Gerry Bohanon of Earle as a quarterback. Alabama recently offered.

Georgia OC was at the school on today and will offer on Monday

Donnie Jamon

He says Auburn is his dream school.

Pit Bull

Quote from: Dogg on January 24, 2017, 12:28:57 pm
Georgia OC was at the school on today and will offer on Monday

This is major...

mr.gametime

Arkansas needs to offer this young man and give him a chance ..i know they already got 4 star QB Connor Noland from Greenwood committed for the 2018 class...but we can sign both of them and let them battle it out later on down the road...and whoever dont start can transfer....but he atleast should be giving a chance.

mr.gametime

It happened...Arkansas has offered him..
Congratulations

Pit Bull

January 27, 2017, 03:02:21 pm #27 Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 04:25:24 pm by Pit Bull
Ole Miss just worked their offer as well...

Donnie Jamon

Big 4 Sec offers. So happy for him

Dogg

The Hogs  offered as unspecified

Dogg

Oklahoma stopped in Augusta to see him last night at the basketball game

playmaker04

I'm surprised 247 hasn't given him a rating yet. Should be high 3* or possibly 4*.

Bigditchlion

Should be no lower than a 4* imo.

mr.gametime

Right now he is a 4 star...ranked 179 overall and 19th at his position

HG Hornet

Congratulations to this young man.  Why do the bigger colleges make some of these kids wait until the last minute?  Being a Hogs fan, I hope all the in-state kids go there, but since they dragged their feet I'm not so sure that I would if it were me.  Maybe he should go where they genuinely want and need him most. 

Boss Hog

Did Arkansas offer as a QB or Athlete?  I hope this young man makes the decision that is best for him.  Congrats and WPS!!!

mr.gametime

Quote from: Boss Hog on January 30, 2017, 09:02:18 am
Did Arkansas offer as a QB or Athlete?  I hope this young man makes the decision that is best for him.  Congrats and WPS!!!

Arkansas and Alabama offered as an Athlete...ASU, Memphis and Auburn offered as a QB...not sure about ole miss.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CHG Hornet on January 30, 2017, 06:29:20 am
Congratulations to this young man.  Why do the bigger colleges make some of these kids wait until the last minute?  Being a Hogs fan, I hope all the in-state kids go there, but since they dragged their feet I'm not so sure that I would if it were me.  Maybe he should go where they genuinely want and need him most. 
last minute? Isn't he a junior?

Sonofasonofasailor

I don't know about the want but based on recent records, the Hogs need him more than the others mentioned.

OB11

Dogg

Quote from: mr.gametime on January 30, 2017, 11:47:31 am
Arkansas and Alabama offered as an Athlete...ASU, Memphis and Auburn offered as a QB...not sure about ole miss.
Ole Miss offered as a QB

2aball

I wouldn't really say they waited until last minute. He still has another year to play high school ball. Last minute is offering right before signing day his sr year because you have another spot to fill. That's not the case here. Strange that Bama was the first in the SEC to offer, but Arkansas didn't too long. There's still plenty of time for them to show him the love that it might require to get him.

mr.gametime

When he says last minute ..I think his talking about...how year after year other S.E.C schools such as Alabama, Auburn and ole miss will come into Arkansas and offer players before the razorbacks do...you would think when a players right there in your on state...you would be the first to offer but ...i doesn't always work like that

HG Hornet

Quote from: mr.gametime on January 30, 2017, 08:14:38 pm
When he says last minute ..I think his talking about...how year after year other S.E.C schools such as Alabama, Auburn and ole miss will come into Arkansas and offer players before the razorbacks do...you would think when a players right there in your on state...you would be the first to offer but ...i doesn't always work like that
Yep, that's what I meant, but I suppose I could have worded it more clearly.  I just know if it were me and several larger schools were interested in me, I think I would appreciate the early interest more than the late interest.  Being a local kid, Arkansas should have been first in line and instead of perking up after Auburn and Alabama made their interests known.  That's how I would have taken it, but the main thing is that the young man makes the best decision for him.  Good luck to him.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: mr.gametime on January 30, 2017, 08:14:38 pm

I understand there aren't any issues with Bohanon but everyone wanted Bielema's head for not offering the DT from Fayetteville while Saban did. Turns out Bama had to withdraw the offer and the kid is headed to JUCO.  For once, seems Bret knew more than Nicky.

Made

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on January 31, 2017, 07:33:03 am
I understand there aren't any issues with Bohanon but everyone wanted Bielema's head for not offering the DT from Fayetteville while Saban did. Turns out Bama had to withdraw the offer and the kid is headed to JUCO.  For once, seems Bret knew more than Nicky.
This happens more often than you most believe. Other SEC schools will offer someone to force the hand of the instate school then withdrawl their offer later. Wait until everyone commits before you start calling for heads, and see how many of the kids that are "offered" are really headed that direction. How many instate kids have signed with other SEC schools that weren't offered by the pigs or Wolves either one.

mr.gametime

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on January 31, 2017, 07:33:03 am

Nicky still got the upper hand if the kids takes care of business in juco..because he has already committed to Alabama for the 2018 class after he do 2 semesters at Mississippi Gulf Coast

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Dogg on January 30, 2017, 06:32:36 pm
Ole Miss offered as a QB
$ometime$ it'$ hard for player$ from the delta to turn down Ole Mi$$.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: mr.gametime on January 31, 2017, 08:39:30 am
Nicky still got the upper hand if the kids takes care of business in juco..because he has already committed to Alabama for the 2018 class after he do 2 semesters at Mississippi Gulf Coast

Bama can afford to do that because if the guy doesn't take care of his JUCO business, some other five star will be salivating to take his place.  Unfortunately, that's not the case on The Hill.

Pit Bull

Quote from: Oldman on January 31, 2017, 08:59:15 am
$ometime$ it'$ hard for player$ from the delta to turn down Ole Mi$$.

I totally agree, Ole Miss is more connected with the Arkansas Delta than the University of Arkansas is. I've even seen Vandi come in the area and get kids that should have definitely been headed to the Backs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas