• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lake Hamilton coach (filled - Tommy Gilleran)

Started by Trojan, January 08, 2017, 10:28:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

Tommy Gilleran new head coach at Lake Hamilton.  4A Fountain Lake is now open

zebradynasty

Quote from: maroonwolf on February 12, 2017, 10:29:44 pm
Here's what went down. Scott Reed from Eldorado was initially offered the job but the salary difference was not significant enough to sway him. That, combined with the fact that LH could not find his wife a job, is the reason he turned them down. The hire is someone that will fit in well and should restore better numbers to the program. Won't be a surprise afterall. His name has come up frequently in this thread.

I don't have inside information but this story doesn't sound right.

maroonwolf

Quote from: zebradynasty on February 14, 2017, 08:57:40 am
I don't have inside information but this story doesn't sound right.
the story is true

zebradynasty

Quote from: maroonwolf on February 14, 2017, 09:40:19 am
the story is true

Well what's odd about it is what would make Reed think the job pays substantially more than what he makes at Eldorado? Without knowing what his wife does for a living, my initial response would be that they should have been able to find employment opportunities for her in Hot Springs IF they really wanted.

Look A Here

She is a school administrator I believe.  LH probably doesn't need anymore admin.  I believe they have about 3-4 principals per school.

maroonwolf

Quote from: zebradynasty on February 14, 2017, 10:31:25 am
Well what's odd about it is what would make Reed think the job pays substantially more than what he makes at Eldorado? Without knowing what his wife does for a living, my initial response would be that they should have been able to find employment opportunities for her in Hot Springs IF they really wanted.
It was probably all about retirement destinations. Reed wants to retire to the HS area and this job would have been the perfect transition. With that being said, Gilleran will do well there so, all is well that ends well.

sportsguy80

Should have been hired last year imo but that's a whole other story. Anyway congrats coach and welcome back.

beaverfan007

They better be ready to run run run 3 yards and a cloud of dust

FBfan79

Quote from: beaverfan007 on February 14, 2017, 07:26:26 pm
They better be ready to run run run 3 yards and a cloud of dust

Years FL had more talent at QB,  it wasn't so lopsided on pass or run unless the other team simply could not stop the run.  I would imagine he'll have a lot more options at a larger school.  Good coach.

RZback

td24

Katdaddy

Does Gilleran get to bring any assistants with him??

nchan

Quote from: Katdaddy on February 16, 2017, 09:55:41 am
Does Gilleran get to bring any assistants with him??

Just saw a post about them hiring an assistant(s). Any info from insiders?

RZback

What about spring ball, how'd that go with a new coach?  What offense are they going to run?

Dr. Defense

Ill be curious if Coach Gilleran sticks with his ole Wing-T

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: RZback on May 25, 2017, 12:04:00 pm
What about spring ball, how'd that go with a new coach?  What offense are they going to run?

SMART coach will run whatever offense fits the talent he has currently. Shouldn't matter what offense your Diddy or Grandiddy ran when he was in high school, or it shouldn't even matter what the former coach ran at his old school.  If your best QB can't throw the ball over 30 yards then maybe the spread or pro style isn't the best option.

gameoflife

Smart Coach will modify his offense to fit his current talent, not change offenses.  Changing offense every year according to talent creates confusion and doesn't allow repetition which is key to excellence.  Most coaches or OC's that are well versed in an offensive scheme and philosophy will stick with what they know and tweak it according to talent.  For instance a great QB comes along, open up a passing game, no QB, stick with a running game mentality.  Offense of the day, week, year mentality is not a good thing.

Iknewthemwhen

Smart coaches have a system. Coaches who jump from one offense or defense to another are not smart.

Marblehog

A smart coach will adapt his system to his players.  If your system is the Wing T and you have Tyler Wilson, Mallett, etc.. you would be a fool to keep running the wing T.  Oh and also Keep It Simple Stupid.....It shouldnt be that hard to change offenses.  If it is you are making it way too complicated for HS. 

maroonwolf

July 12, 2017, 09:23:31 pm #119 Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:25:10 pm by maroonwolf
Got to catch some team camp action last night. Pretty solid competition with PA and LR McClellan there. LH looked okay at times and pretty average at times. We will struggle throwing the ball effectively this year in my opinion, we ran the ball fairly well, but not great. They will continue to get better no doubt but right now we still have a long way to go on both sides of the ball. As usual our guys played hard and that goes a long way in my book. Objectively, with our best lineman out right now, it is probably going to be a rebuilding year but I think they will be pretty tough by late October. We'll see though. Thoughts from anybody else there last night?

maroonwolf

Saw some more team camp/7on7 this week. Wolves continue to improve in my opinion. Passing game still needs a lot of work but I think the run game will open that up when they begin the season. Defense seems to be way ahead of the offense at this point but that's pretty typical this time of year.

Beaver Fever

maroonwolf

Quote from: Beaver Fever on July 24, 2017, 06:17:42 am
Who have they played in team camp/7 on7?
Some of the team camp opponents were PA, LR McClellan, FL, Mt. Ida, Sheridan. 7on7 they've played Benton, Joe T. Robinson, FL, Poyen.

maroonwolf

Couldn't make the scrimmage at Cabot tonight. How did LH look? Score?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas