• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 District 7-2A Projections..

Started by tacklethis..., December 13, 2016, 12:27:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGS1976

couch-coach06

Obviously it's a hand held time .. where as the combine is not .. but if one of you computer savy guys would like too help me out Google kyren batey Arkansas camp and link.the article

MagicMike

Whats going on at Foreman? They had 3 assistant football jobs post yesterday, the week before practice starts. Thought they were supposed to be pretty good this year?

Eslim03

Quote from: MagicMike on July 27, 2017, 11:55:37 am
Whats going on at Foreman? They had 3 assistant football jobs post yesterday, the week before practice starts. Thought they were supposed to be pretty good this year?

The principle took another job and one of our coaches got that position. We also lost baseball and softball coaches that are assistants in football leave to other jobs recently. We will have a good football team but need three coaches.

Katdaddy

Is there a reason the softball and baseball coach left? Seems awful late for them to leave and for the school to let them out of their contracts a week before practice starts.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: couch-coach06 on July 24, 2017, 03:15:03 pm
Batey may just be the fastest in 2a as Otis Kirk reported his 40 time at the 2 day Arkansas camp last month as 4.21 and 4.24 Richard Davenport reported a 4.40 but if it is in the ball park of either of these reports that's sick speed

I really hope you either made a typo or you're trying to be funny.

Eslim03

My assumption is they got better opportunities. Meaning more money and or spouses with better opportunities as well.

Proud Buckaroo

"Pocahontas junior WR Devon Adams turned heads with a 4.39 40-yard dash as did fellow 2019 prospect Kyren Batey of Foreman, who had a 4.40"

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/jun/03/arksansas-prospect-camp-updates/

I guess you just read incorrectly. 🤔🤔

HG Hornet

Quote from: Eslim03 on July 27, 2017, 03:30:31 pm
My assumption is they got better opportunities. Meaning more money and or spouses with better opportunities as well.
Coach Hill and his wife both got positions at CHG a couple of weeks ago.  3 CHG coaches left to pursue other opportunities earlier this summer. 

couch-coach06

http://det.247sports.com/Bolt/Arkansas-Elite-Prospect-Football-Camp-Updates-53006695/Replies

No I  said Richard Davenport " the article you linked " reported a 4.40 and that Otis Kirk the Arkansas reporter for 247 reported a 4.22 and 4.24 .. now I didn't. Say I believed it .  Lol .. I do believe he is a sub 4.5 guy which still really fast as we all know.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: couch-coach06 on July 27, 2017, 04:19:43 pm
http://det.247sports.com/Bolt/Arkansas-Elite-Prospect-Football-Camp-Updates-53006695/Replies

No I  said Richard Davenport " the article you linked " reported a 4.40 and that Otis Kirk the Arkansas reporter for 247 reported a 4.22 and 4.24 .. now I didn't. Say I believed it .  Lol .. I do believe he is a sub 4.5 guy which still really fast as we all know.

He must have assumed that's what he ran. 4.22 is faster than almost every single guy in the NFL. LOL.

couch-coach06

Lol !! Yea .. a kid on the team showed me a screen shot from Twitter or somewhere .. where ottis said he was standing by Hargreaves when he ran the 4.22 and he thought his stop watch messed up so he had him go again and he ran the 4.24.. but u also gota take into consideration .. this is ottis we are talking about .. I also was unable to find that conversation through my google search ..

Eslim03

Foreman will kick a lot of butt this season. Can't wait.

stuck in between

Quote from: Eslim03 on July 28, 2017, 12:56:39 am
Foreman will kick a lot of butt this season. Can't wait.

Easy there feller, we do not want to be categorized with the Hampton posters.

BigBob

How's Foreman at QB tho? The offense they run has to be productive from the QB spot. And how's the depth on the lines? That's something they've always struggled with.

BigBob

Spring Hill's QB and WR look better than ever. o-line looks improved, only dressing out 25, and they always seem to get hit by the injury bug.

Anybody notice the SIZE of some of the players LC has this year?

1-4 seeds should be easy to make out, excited to see who grabs that 5th spot.

stuck in between

Quote from: BigBob on July 28, 2017, 12:32:59 pm
How's Foreman at QB tho? The offense they run has to be productive from the QB spot. And how's the depth on the lines? That's something they've always struggled with.

To think there will not be a let down at the QB spot would be foolish. Yes, replacing an all-state athlete that played that position will be tough. We do have a very talented Sophomore that ran King's offense last year all the way to a conference championship. Adjusting to the speed and size of a Sr. high defense will not be easy for sure, but the beauty of our style of play is that we do not have to rely on one player to win the game for us. (three players with over 1000 yards rushing last year). The opposing team having to honor two or three other backs every snap will definitely help. As far as the line we will have as much depth as most other 2-A teams. We will be able to cover one or two injuries to the line without too much let down. I think as long as we do not get too big for our britches we will be fine. the biggest difference between this year and in years pass is that kids expect to win.

Bigpoppie

Yes this cud be an exciting year in this conference.  Big Bob I'm curious to who you think the 1-4 are. Obviously Ida and foreman are two but after that everyone else could be pretty even. LC is bigger up front and have a tailback who moved from guard. Mineral has shown some good signs. Whoelse has looked good in summer? 

BigBob

1. Mount Ida
2.  Foreman
3. Murfreesborro
4. Dierks

5.  really a toss up between between MS, LC. SH.

7 Mount Pine.

Mineral Springs has a new and very much improved coaching staff, athletes galore which is a big bonus for them
LC has size and good athletes, but like somebody said earlier, they don't play as much as a team. SH actually "out-athleted" them at a team camp.
SH will be competitive and push a few teams, as long as they stay healthy they have a shot at winning 3 maybe 4 conf. Games
Even mountain pine is better with a new QB, and solid sophomores. 7west will be better this year than it has been in a while. Will be even better when Gurdon comes back in fall 18.

fleaflicker24

Quote from: BigBob on July 28, 2017, 12:37:45 pm
Spring Hill's QB and WR look better than ever. o-line looks improved, only dressing out 25, and they always seem to get hit by the injury bug.

Anybody notice the SIZE of some of the players LC has this year?

1-4 seeds should be easy to make out, excited to see who grabs that 5th spot.

Anxious to see how Spring Hill"s QB responds to that devastating leg injury last year. Can't figure out why the admin at LC or Mineral can't get the right guy in there to capitalize on the talent that seems to come out of each school yearly. With that speed it seems they should be in the mix every year!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: fleaflicker24 on August 08, 2017, 08:14:46 am
Anxious to see how Spring Hill"s QB responds to that devastating leg injury last year. Can't figure out why the admin at LC or Mineral can't get the right guy in there to capitalize on the talent that seems to come out of each school yearly. With that speed it seems they should be in the mix every year!

Didn't L.C have a kid sign with one of the Louisiana MidMajor schools? La Tech maybe?

BigLion10

Yea the WR Cualan Williams signed with La Tech

brotherdew

Don't overlook Mineral Springs. I think they may have a coaching staff in there who is making a difference in the way the boys play.
When I saw them at team camp this summer their behavior was worlds better than in the past. You saw a level of focus and discipline you haven't seen there since Perrin.
I think when push comes to shove they may be in the mix at the end of the year.

BlueNGold52

Quote from: brotherdew on August 11, 2017, 10:34:31 am
Don't overlook Mineral Springs. I think they may have a coaching staff in there who is making a difference in the way the boys play.
When I saw them at team camp this summer their behavior was worlds better than in the past. You saw a level of focus and discipline you haven't seen there since Perrin.
I think when push comes to shove they may be in the mix at the end of the year.

I agree they look like better team for sure

AirItOut21

Who did Foreman end up hiring for the vacant coaching positions?

couch-coach06

Adrian Ivory - d- coordinator Arkansas high , Josh Flemming - baseball assistant football from ashdown , James Blanton - basketball / assistant football from bald knob .. believe this will be Blanton's first gig..

AirItOut21

Quote from: couch-coach06 on August 13, 2017, 03:17:29 pm
Adrian Ivory - d- coordinator Arkansas high , Josh Flemming - baseball assistant football from ashdown , James Blanton - basketball / assistant football from bald knob .. believe this will be Blanton's first gig..

Thanks, should be a good year for the Gators

dart

Quote from: BigBob on July 29, 2017, 02:40:22 pm
1. Mount Ida
2.  Foreman
3. Murfreesborro
4. Dierks

5.  really a toss up between between MS, LC. SH.

7 Mount Pine.

Mineral Springs has a new and very much improved coaching staff, athletes galore which is a big bonus for them
LC has size and good athletes, but like somebody said earlier, they don't play as much as a team. SH actually "out-athleted" them at a team camp.
SH will be competitive and push a few teams, as long as they stay healthy they have a shot at winning 3 maybe 4 conf. Games
Even mountain pine is better with a new QB, and solid sophomores. 7west will be better this year than it has been in a while. Will be even better when Gurdon comes back in fall 18.
might think about # 7 again

BlueNGold52

Mountain Pine definitely has weapons this year if they can stay healthy they could sure be top 5 in the 7-2a this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas