• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GLion Memorial Pick'em: Finals

Started by Wendell Robinson, December 04, 2016, 11:50:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendell Robinson

It's Championship week. I decided to be nice and not make any cuts for the finals since technically the entire top 10 is still mathematically able to win.

Standings
1. mossflyer   52   276
2. Fred Bird           43   263
3. bodycounTT   28   260
3. x14113      44   260
5. 3 Dollar     59   257
6. The Coach   54   254
7. Gray Lizard   41   253
8. kjjackson   33   249
9. rskyb33      38   247
10. LJ06        39   241

Games
Pea Ridge vs Warren
Charleston vs Prescott
Mt. Ida vs Hampton

AirWarren

I will pick for everyone else in the Warren vs Pea Ridge

Warren vs Pea Ridge by 28

HBG PRIDE

This will be a great game, but I'm going with Warren by 10

Youknowwhothisis

Quote from: AirWarren on December 04, 2016, 08:11:35 pm
I will pick for everyone else in the Warren vs Pea Ridge

Warren vs Pea Ridge by 28
I knew you'd come around ;D

The Coach

December 04, 2016, 11:04:03 pm #4 Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 08:25:36 am by The Coach
Warren by 21
Charleston by 13
Hampton by 20

Gray lizard

Warren                  by 13
Charleston             by 8
Mt Ida                   by 1

WPWells

Warren by 21
Charleston by 21
Hampton by 21

noonerricky

For my good friends from Warren

Go lumberjacks! Warren by 7

3 Dollar

Pea Ridge vs Warren (28)
Charleston vs Prescott (14)
Mount Ida vs Hampton (25)

kjjackson

Pea Ridge vs Warren (20)
Charleston vs Prescott (7)
Mt. Ida vs Hampton (20)

mossflyer

Pea Ridge vs Warren (10)
Charleston (7) vs Prescott
Mt. Ida vs Hampton (14)

LJ06

Warren by 20
Prescott by 8
Hampton by 21

bodycounTT

Pea Ridge vs Warren (13)
Charleston vs Prescott (12)
Mt. Ida vs Hampton (32)

rskyb33

Pea Ridge vs Warren        Warren by 21
Charleston vs Prescott      Charleston by 14
Mt. Ida vs Hampton          Mt Ida by 7

THE D.O.C

I believe a cold front had a major impact on Pea Ridge vs. Nashville game. Nashville looked like freezer pops on the field. Cold weather may favor Pea Ridge

STUNNA

Quote from: THE D.O.C on December 09, 2016, 08:14:37 am
I believe a cold front had a major impact on Pea Ridge vs. Nashville game. Nashville looked like freezer pops on the field. Cold weather may favor Pea Ridge

its been cold all week.. and they have been practicing in it... cold weather will not be an issue for either team

x14113

December 09, 2016, 08:40:26 am #16 Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 04:38:38 pm by x14113
Aaaand true to form, I wait 'til the last minute to do this.

At least I've the time for something proper. (Yay?)

Pea Ridge v Warren(25)
The Lumberjacks' semifinal against Prairie Grove is a textbook case of what happens when you don't adjust quickly enough: once the Tigers did, they outscored their guests 28-20, but it was nowhere near enough to overcome a 28-0 deficit. (To say nothing of that defense's "proven track record"...) Regardless, Warren is poised to win its fourth state title under Bo Hembree (thanks J90), but they'll need to take care that a Blackhawk side attaining its best-ever season record doesn't sneak up on it.

Prescott v Charleston (10)
This could very well be the toughest of the finals to predict, even if we could see the teams coming from a mile away. The shadow of Ty Storey still looms massively over the Tigers, but they have rebounded from their worst season in decades in spectacular fashion. The Curley Wolves have also seen perpetual success since the origin of 3A 10 years ago, but it's taken them that long to reach the 3A final (and 21 years for a shot at their fifth title).

Mt. Ida v Hampton (20)
Very few things can summarize the nature of Class 2A better than this year's final. The Lions are a model of consistency, averaging over 8 wins per season in Michael White's 12 years at the helm. The Bulldogs, OTOH, are a case study in the consequences of highly-touted move-ins on an otherwise subpar program. I saw some of those move-ins first-hand when Hermitage went to Mountainburg last year, and my first reaction to that game's result (a Dragon win) was that the Hermits would've had a shot if their best players weren't gassed so quickly. After taking down an England side that was ranked at the top all season, Hampton now has a shot at an ultimate turnaround.

Jack1990

Thanks but it's only our 4th state title under Bo.

WPWells

I have been dethroned! Congrats to whoever ended up pulling this out.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas