• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston vs. Prescott @ The Rock

Started by WPWells, December 02, 2016, 09:15:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dynasty

Quote from: WorkOrder on December 04, 2016, 04:37:31 pm
Read more, post less

That score would be in line with what we've done with the other top teams in the amazing 5-3A. No?

BAMA#16

Just from watching a little film, I'd say P Town has the edge on the D line, and CHS has the advantage at the LB core,  pretty even in the secondary, should be a great game.

RowdyReputation40

December 04, 2016, 07:33:55 pm #52 Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 08:55:23 pm by RowdyReputation40
Quote from: BAMA#16 on December 04, 2016, 06:19:23 pm
Just from watching a little film, I'd say P Town has the edge on the D line, and CHS has the advantage at the LB core,  pretty even in the secondary, should be a great game.
Wolves Dline is very good. Rotation of good tackles plus Marks and Davis at ends who are both 3 year starters. I'd also say don't overlook Prescotts linebackers. They're all good playmakers.

Redbug Loyal

Quote from: flow51 on December 04, 2016, 04:26:08 pm
You ever played in Fordyce? A 3 point win is like winning by 10-14 anywhere else...
Is this in reference to the tradition rich atmosphere and hard nose play that Fordyce has at home?

HeadBussa08

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 04, 2016, 05:36:59 pm
That score would be in line with what we've done with the other top teams in the amazing 5-3A. No?
and the first shot was fired lol

flow51

December 04, 2016, 08:36:29 pm #55 Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 08:50:02 pm by flow51
Quote from: Redbug Loyal on December 04, 2016, 07:58:32 pm
Is this in reference to the tradition rich atmosphere and hard nose play that Fordyce has at home?

Both.... It was a great atmosphere and a very tough environment to win in...

Only thing that would have made that night better would have been my ribeye steak.  ;D

jay nelvin

jay nelvin

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 04, 2016, 05:36:59 pm
I think at this point, with Prescott being healthy, we are much better than say weeks 5 and 6 of the regular season.  I'm sure the same could be said of Ctown, they looked awfully good on film against GR.

Wolfpack

I saw the GR vs. CHS game. GR looked horrible! You can't turn the ball over and over and over to good teams. They made it very easy for CHS. A different animal, CHS will face Saturday night. Very physical game is expected. Seems as though CHS has a lot of gadget plays on special teams and offense, believe me they will be coached up this week for any and everything. The Wolves are very hungry for this one!!!

GBattack

Good defenses cause turnovers Wolfpack. With pressure, physicality and smart play. GR didn't hand us that game. Those boys wanted it and they want the next one more.

CapnObvious

Quote from: Wolfpack on December 04, 2016, 09:49:05 pm
I saw the GR vs. CHS game. GR looked horrible! You can't turn the ball over and over and over to good teams. They made it very easy for CHS. A different animal, CHS will face Saturday night. Very physical game is expected. Seems as though CHS has a lot of gadget plays on special teams and offense, believe me they will be coached up this week for any and everything. The Wolves are very hungry for this one!!!

How many turnovers did GR have against you guys ?

strongandsteady

They had 2. 1 interception and 1 fumble.

Wolfpack

Quote from: GBattack on December 04, 2016, 09:58:28 pm
Good defenses cause turnovers Wolfpack. With pressure, physicality and smart play. GR didn't hand us that game. Those boys wanted it and they want the next one more.

Yes I understand that, but in games like that you know as well as I do that senseless turnovers overs will hurt ya. We play the same way smart, physical, and fast. I did not see an effort from GR the way they played us. They looked like a different team against you guys, from the way they played us. Don't you think for one moment that we don't want it! Looking forward to this matchup since several years ago, now it is here. Not trying to dampen your spirit on your victory over GR, but GR was not that impressive!!! They have played better.

AlumniLights

Preskitt will always have the Johnnys and the Joes, but an intangible that will be showcased in this game and that will be a difference maker...coaching. Write that down, Coach Kendrick will put his team and his coaches in the best position to win.

The Dynasty

Quote from: Wolfpack on December 04, 2016, 11:12:07 pm
Yes I understand that, but in games like that you know as well as I do that senseless turnovers overs will hurt ya. We play the same way smart, physical, and fast. I did not see an effort from GR the way they played us. They looked like a different team against you guys, from the way they played us. Don't you think for one moment that we don't want it! Looking forward to this matchup since several years ago, now it is here. Not trying to dampen your spirit on your victory over GR, but GR was not that impressive!!! They have played better.

They looked like a different team because they were going against the most physical team they have played all year. Charleston wore them down defensively. They were getting to the QB at will in the 2nd half. -1 total yards in the 2nd half until late in the 4th quarter.

kjjackson

Thats where it will be won or lost. The defensive push will will win the game. If its a track meet bet on Prescott.

OLDSCHOOL82

This....should be a great game and I believe its 100% the top two teams in 3A. 

ToughGuy91

Prescott should have the edge on O i believe, i just don't see how the tigers will contain vanhook & flynn and cover all the threats down in the open field.

TheHeadBallCoach

Neither team comes to paint at 6:30 Saturday night. They both expect to bring the wood.

In the end, I feel the Curley Wolves win in a nail biter and get a garbage time touchdown to widen it out.

Prescott 42
Charleston 30

GBattack

strongandsteady

Quote from: ToughGuy91 on December 05, 2016, 09:35:15 am
Prescott should have the edge on O i believe, i just don't see how the tigers will contain vanhook & flynn and cover all the threats down in the open field.
Exactly! Too much speed all around for the Tigers INCREDIBLE defense to handle.

Longfellow

Quote from: strongandsteady on December 05, 2016, 10:02:14 am
Nasty. Not incredible. Just Nasty

The Dynasty

This is the same Prescott group that put together 89 rushing yards and 250 total yards against GR right?

ToughGuy91

And this is the same tigers that BLEW OUT smackover at home 9-0 ::)

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: ToughGuy91 on December 05, 2016, 10:16:20 am

You're in for a treat!

The Dynasty

Quote from: ToughGuy91 on December 05, 2016, 10:16:20 am

Exact same D that held them to 0 points. You are correct.

ToughGuy91

AlumniLights

Well, its not like we haven't heard that before. Speed kills, but so does fundamentally sound defense. Check yourself. Its not the first team with speed the Tigers have ever faced.   

nastynice

December 05, 2016, 10:34:44 am #79 Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 10:37:55 am by nastynice
No, but the only team they've played with speed gave them fits.

It'll come down to discipline , assignment football. And Tigers will win both. Only chance Preskitt has, is to jump out early and force tigers to play catch up with predictable play calling.

ToughGuy91

True, but glen rose didn't have a duo in the backfield that only needs a crease to be gone to the races.

nastynice

That's where the "discipline and assignment" comes in.

Lineman

Quote from: ToughGuy91 on December 05, 2016, 10:48:26 am
True, but glen rose didn't have a duo in the backfield that only needs a crease to be gone to the races.
A crease is hard to come by with this front 7.

The Dynasty

Quote from: ToughGuy91 on December 05, 2016, 10:48:26 am

They also ran more than a bubble screen and a vertical in the passing game.

If Prescott is going to win they will have to do it like they won against Centerpoint and GR. Score 2 or 3 times and it'll be a game.

BAMA#16

If Prescott beats up this front seven, then no doubt they will win the game, but that will be a tall order, they will definitely hit you.

ChucktownTiger

I only watched the Prescott/GR game but I think our Dline will dominate the line of scrimmage and I think we'll get to the qb often. Just like this past week. Our secondary played great last week, proud of those guys. I expect the Nasty boys to be back in action this week and give'em heck one last time. I think this game will be won by hard nosed D and that's exactly what these Tigers are.

Dr. Defense

This will probably be the best of the remaining championship games....when will this one be played? I think it will be close but since a good buddy of mine is on the Curley Wolf staff I'm picking them to win it all

ChucktownTiger

This will be the biggest and best test for our O line. That D line for Prescott is good. We struggled a little last week but overall I think the O line did a good job. We held on the ball a little to long at times and got us into some binds. The O line will have to play their best game of the year. I think they'll do fine, last game of the year "don't hold anything back" haha (little waterboy for ya) Everyone keeps talking about SMF and that dude is a STAR. He's one of a kind and fun to watch. IMO there hasn't been a player like him here in Charleston before. He can make ya miss and has amazing game speed but at the same time loves to HIT. He doesn't care to get in there and lay the wood. However we have lots of weapons. Rowland has been solid at QB. He stays clam and makes the plays when it counts. He is a heck of a leader as well. He can also use his legs, he can be hard to bring down. Add in the bowling ball that is Ketter and you can so some damage. Wisdom is one heck of a receiver, if you wanna focus on SMF he'll rip u apart. Hampton and Zimmer come in for a nice change of pace and are a couple of great receivers themselves. Lots of weapons for ctown this year. I cant wait to see how we use them all Saturday.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: Dr. Defense on December 05, 2016, 11:15:34 am
This will probably be the best of the remaining championship games....when will this one be played? I think it will be close but since a good buddy of mine is on the Curley Wolf staff I'm picking them to win it all

Saturday at 6:30 pm

Terrible pick BTW lol

ToughGuy91

Yes, prescott's D line is very quick and strong. There pass rush is unbelievable and the way the linebackers read the ball is a huge factor as well, all are very quick and will lay a lick. Ready to see how this game plays out!!! 

Wolfpack

I know our Defense will have a dog in that fight. Wolf gang D will be there no doubt! And you can believe that!!!

jay nelvin

Bottom line guys and gals, it's the best that both teams will have seen all year come Saturday night.  May the best team win, and the refs have no effect on the outcome.

noonerricky

Dr. Defense

strongandsteady

Only team with so called "Speed" I've seen them play was Smackover! Can you guys give me any others?

The Dynasty

Quote from: strongandsteady on December 05, 2016, 12:10:18 pm
Only team with so called "Speed" I've seen them play was Smackover! Can you guys give me any others?

That was the fastest team we have played. We still had over 300 yards of offense.

jay nelvin

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 05, 2016, 12:20:49 pm
That was the fastest team we have played. We still had over 300 yards of offense.
You want a cookie?☺

ChucktownTiger

jay nelvin

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 05, 2016, 12:42:13 pm
Nah another state ring will do
Would be nice, maybe Prescott can get that elusive 5th one on Saturday. 

Danold Dump

Quote from: Redbug Loyal on December 03, 2016, 03:27:35 pm
Two physical teams who have both faced challenges from strong opponents. My pick has to be The P-Town Curley Wolves. Have heard all year of the mighty Charleston D and their incredibly talented offense. But I have seen Prescott play in person, against Fordyce, so I can only base my pick off of seeing them and I don't see anyone matching up with them.
Good pick.  Fordyce did a dang good job vs Prescott too....Curleywolves too much for the Tigers...You know it...I know it..we all know it..
Dump out

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas