• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston vs. Prescott @ The Rock

Started by WPWells, December 02, 2016, 09:15:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GBattack

That's what dump said about GR too...

Dr. Defense

RowdyReputation40

Wolves Oline has done a lot better since GR. 8 weeks is a lot of time to improve

Longfellow

I would like a cookie. And a tissue. It's finals week

GrindTime

Charleston is not gonna be able to contain prescotts QB

ChucktownTiger

KOJACK

jay nelvin

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 05, 2016, 01:16:27 pm
You want a tissue? ;)
It is supposed to be cold, and I tend to get a running nose in the cold.  That would be all I'd need it for.

Danold Dump

Quote from: GBattack on December 05, 2016, 12:58:36 pm
That's what dump said about GR too...
Yeah but this game is a lot easier to predict....dump out

nastynice

How does Prescott compare to their 2014 team?

The Dynasty

Quote from: GrindTime on December 05, 2016, 01:31:15 pm
Charleston is not gonna be able to contain prescotts QB

Charleston won't be able to contain Smackover's RB Edwards...... he didn't even sniff 100 yards.

Charleston won't be able to contain Centerpoint's QB Owens..... he didn't even sniff the 3rd quarter.

Charleston won't be able to keep Glen Rose from running it down their throat.... they didn't even sniff 100 total yards on the first team.

Tell me more about who or what we can't contain.....

CapnObvious

I just left a Donald Dump in the crapper along with his prediction ...

jay nelvin

December 05, 2016, 01:43:27 pm #113 Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 01:45:31 pm by jay nelvin
Quote from: nastynice on December 05, 2016, 01:37:02 pm
How does Prescott compare to their 2014 team?
This one is more complete, but IMO last year's offense was better.  Defense is better this year than the previous two years.

jay nelvin

If we used #6 and #18 on offense, and still had L. Walker playing there is no telling how good this O could be.

GBattack

December 05, 2016, 01:48:38 pm #115 Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 02:26:37 pm by GBattack
One other advantage this group of Tiger Seniors has going for them is they've been to the Rock. They were sophomores the last time we won state, so they know what to expect at WMS and won't let anything distract them on game day. Possibly one of the most "prepared" groups I've ever watched play. The time and studying they put in each week makes a difference for sure.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 05, 2016, 01:41:20 pm
Charleston won't be able to contain Smackover's RB Edwards...... he didn't even sniff 100 yards.

Charleston won't be able to contain Centerpoint's QB Owens..... he didn't even sniff the 3rd quarter.

Charleston won't be able to keep Glen Rose from running it down their throat.... they didn't even sniff 100 total yards on the first team.

Same thing every year......and every week again this year. Charleston can't do this, can't do that and we do. Prescott is good and will be a tough test, but they'll be another notch on the Tigers belt as they take yet another Championship

jay nelvin

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 05, 2016, 01:50:12 pm
Same thing every year......and every week again this year. Charleston can't do this, can't do that and we do. Prescott is good and will be a tough test, but they'll be another notch on the Tigers belt as they take yet another Championship
You know what they say about assumptions.

ChucktownTiger

When I played we were looking forward to a bonfire and cold beer. When the games over these guys start film on next weeks opponent and that's all they're thinking about. I've never seen a group so dedicated and prepared. Not to say Prescott isn't prepared, I'm just shocked at how disciplined and dedicated these Tigers are.

ChucktownTiger

GBattack

It's ok...our boys like to be told they "can't" do something just so they can prove everyone wrong....

GBattack

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 05, 2016, 01:54:05 pm
When I played we were looking forward to a bonfire and cold beer. When the games over these guys start film on next weeks opponent and that's all they're thinking about. I've never seen a group so dedicated and prepared. Not to say Prescott isn't prepared, I'm just shocked at how disciplined and dedicated these Tigers are.

I know...I wish mine would study English as much as they do football. Lol. But it's really remarkable. It is literally CONSTANT at my house. If they are awake, they are watching film...

GrindTime

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 05, 2016, 01:41:20 pm

Do any of them sense pressure like Flynn ? Or have that great dominating perimiter blocking Pearson shows every week , that's another thing about Pearson that guy is physical and Flynn ain't running from no contact either .

GrindTime

So are you guys tryna make 14-0 Prescott The Under Dogs ? Charleston is not unstoppable they have many weaknesses that can & will get exploited.

The Dynasty

Quote from: GrindTime on December 05, 2016, 02:35:44 pm
So are you guys tryna make 14-0 Prescott The Under Dogs ? Charleston is not unstoppable they have many weaknesses that can & will get exploited.

Nope. Just stating that the 30 and 40 point Prescott predictions on here are not going to happen. If Prescott wins they will have to do it scoring 21 or less or score points on D.

Longfellow

Why should 13-0 Charleston be the underdog?

The Dynasty

Quote from: GrindTime on December 05, 2016, 02:32:50 pm
Do any of them sense pressure like Flynn ? Or have that great dominating perimiter blocking Pearson shows every week , that's another thing about Pearson that guy is physical and Flynn ain't running from no contact either .

He might not run from it the first couple times he gets hit but he'll slow down the more hits from this D he takes. 2 of the 3 QB's we've played this postseason finished the game watching from the sidelines.

GBattack

My boys are ok with the underdog role... more motivation....

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: GBattack on December 05, 2016, 03:02:14 pm
My boys are ok with the underdog role... more motivation....

I'll take it all day.

AlumniLights

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 05, 2016, 01:54:05 pm

Hey I heard that CHUCKTOWN! Many of cold beer post game bonfires!

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: AlumniLights on December 05, 2016, 03:04:24 pm
Hey I heard that CHUCKTOWN! Many of cold beer post game bonfires!

It was our motivation lol

HeadBussa08

boy Chucktown sure is confident coming into this one lol misplaced confidence I fear.

HeadBussa08

Quote from: KOJACK on December 05, 2016, 01:33:26 pm
Because he said so...isn't that how all this works ???
that's the word on the street......

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on December 05, 2016, 03:22:14 pm
boy Chucktown sure is confident coming into this one lol misplaced confidence I fear.

What's wrong with confidence? I think from what I've seen, Prescott is just as confident if not more.

The Dynasty

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on December 05, 2016, 03:22:14 pm

The only two teams standing should be confident.... no?

Especially when both are undefeated. Like I said earlier, the last three weeks we've said how good this D is and everyone thinks it's over confidence or cockiness. By the end of the game they understand it was just the truth.

AlumniLights

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 05, 2016, 03:17:13 pm
It was our motivation lol

I guess one thing on our side was the fact that Win, lose or draw...it was going to happen regardless. haha

HeadBussa08

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 05, 2016, 03:38:28 pm
The only two teams standing should be confident.... no?

Especially when both are undefeated. Like I said earlier, the last three weeks we've said how good this D is and everyone thinks it's over confidence or cockiness. By the end of the game they understand it was just the truth.
now this is a rarity, but I do agree with you, that both teams should be confident.....given both records and given both performances in the Semis. Both teams have heard all year about how they couldn't stop some teams and how they couldn't score on others. This is without a doubt the two best teams in the state.

The Dynasty

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on December 05, 2016, 03:44:53 pm
now this is a rarity, but I do agree with you, that both teams should be confident.....given both records and given both performances in the Semis. Both teams have heard all year about how they couldn't stop some teams and how they couldn't score on others. This is without a doubt the two best teams in the state.

Couldn't agree more.

HeadBussa08

but I will tell you this keeping this convo as civil as I can.......if ya'll are putting all your faith in Prescott's games with Centerpoint and Gr......your in for a rude awakening come Saturday.

HeadBussa08

Quote from: AlumniLights on December 05, 2016, 07:33:59 am
Preskitt will always have the Johnnys and the Joes, but an intangible that will be showcased in this game and that will be a difference maker...coaching. Write that down, Coach Kendrick will put his team and his coaches in the best position to win.
Yea your right cause apparently Prescott coaching is terrible...... they are 14-0 cause they just throw the ball out there and say "GO GET EM BOYS!!!!"

GBattack

I'd say we put our faith in our boys. They are meticulous at preparation...they trust their coaches...they lift each other up and are as close knit as any team I've ever seen. Win, lose or draw they will fight for each other until the last play.

The Dynasty

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on December 05, 2016, 03:47:58 pm
but I will tell you this keeping this convo as civil as I can.......if ya'll are putting all your faith in Prescott's games with Centerpoint and Gr......your in for a rude awakening come Saturday.

I know you can't compare scores but tell me why we shouldn't look at those scores and think we will have the upper hand? (Serious question not trying to be a smart ***) Because from what I saw Centerpoint held their own after the first two possessions and GR had it won until the final minute. I'm confident those teams would never come within 3 TD's of Charleston.

Once again this isn't meant to be a slight to any other team just want Prescott's posters takes.

Also it is actually pretty refreshing having a conversation with folks that can talk smack and football at the same time. Some teams posters can't do that..... i.e. Glen Rose!!!!

AlumniLights

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on December 05, 2016, 03:50:22 pm
Yea your right cause apparently Prescott coaching is terrible...... they are 14-0 cause they just throw the ball out there and say "GO GET EM BOYS!!!!"

Hey now, just stirring the pot ya know! I fully believe that Prescott should be where they are this year...every year. Athletes galore down yonder!

HeadBussa08

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 05, 2016, 03:59:58 pm
I know you can't compare scores but tell me why we shouldn't look at those scores and think we will have the upper hand? (Serious question not trying to be a smart ***) Because from what I saw Centerpoint held their own after the first two possessions and GR had it won until the final minute. I'm confident those teams would never come within 3 TD's of Charleston.

Once again this isn't meant to be a slight to any other team just want Prescott's posters takes.

Also it is actually pretty refreshing having a conversation with folks that can talk smack and football at the same time. Some teams posters can't do that..... i.e. Glen Rose!!!!
The same reason that we don't look at the 9-0 score with smackover and think that it will be a cakewalk Saturday. Fordyce dirt rolled them 26-0. That was week 5 and week 6. With one game being a rivalry game and the other being Centerpoints superbowl. 2 tough wins against conference foes.

HeadBussa08

Quote from: AlumniLights on December 05, 2016, 04:37:19 pm
Hey now, just stirring the pot ya know! I fully believe that Prescott should be where they are this year...every year. Athletes galore down yonder!
We expect to be there. Doesn't turn out that way all the time but that's the beauty of football and that's why you don't take chances like this for granted.

AlumniLights

GrindTime

December 05, 2016, 04:55:50 pm #146 Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 06:00:04 pm by GrindTime
No one is the under dog in this one but you can't help but realize that Prescott has been ranked under charleston all year!

strongandsteady

I'm tired of hearing about this watching film after this game and that game! The film isn't there to just sit it's there to be watched!

GBattack

What are you referring to Strong? My statement was about the boys studying film...IMO a LOT more than normal. There is team film as a group...then there is me trying to get my boys to bed at 2:00 a.m. because they won't stop watching.

Cupkake24

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 05, 2016, 02:51:05 pm
He might not run from it the first couple times he gets hit but he'll slow down the more hits from this D he takes. 2 of the 3 QB's we've played this postseason finished the game watching from the sidelines.
This qb your facing saturday is totally different! He gets stronger as the game goes on and absolutely loves contact!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas