• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Palestine-Wheatley HC

Started by goldoline, November 23, 2016, 07:57:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

goldoline

HC is posted for both Sr & Jr High.  Any idea who will apply? 

big E

RiverEagle079

Big E is the front runner for the position

Made

saw this posted are they planning on hiring different head coaches for jr high and sr high? seems different being a 2a school. how many other 2a schools have a different jr high coach?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Made on November 24, 2016, 07:04:21 pm
saw this posted are they planning on hiring different head coaches for jr high and sr high? seems different being a 2a school. how many other 2a schools have a different jr high coach?

Not a new thing for p/w

RiverEagle079

They try to throw as much money away so they can keep that amazing football field

big E

The reason for the 2 head coaches is so they can both practice at the same time after school. Jr. High will run the same system as the senior high. We hope to have this done by Christmas break if possible.

big E

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on November 24, 2016, 04:59:06 pm
Big E is the front runner for the position
I turned it down when they told me I had to quit huntin.

big E

Quote from: big E on November 25, 2016, 02:56:20 pm
I turned it down when they told me I had to quit huntin.
AND They wouldn't let rivereagle be my o- line coach.

RiverEagle079

big E

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on November 25, 2016, 07:06:40 pm
Bc they don't want to win  ;D
Nah because they figure they couldn't keep us out of the woods long enough to coach.

Razorbacks48

Rida4Life

Lions84

I was told I come over join the Staff and Teach them the legendary 44 Stack D.

big E

big E

Quote from: Lions84 on November 29, 2016, 11:01:20 am
I was told I come over join the Staff and Teach them the legendary 44 Stack D.
If you come maybe I will do it lol. Good luck finding 4 linebackers  . They ain't here. Sartin was stuck on the 44 when personel wise he should have been running a 52 and that came from a well known and respected coach  not me.

big E

Interviews should start pretty soon word I got was they want this done by or around christmas.

Razorbacks48

big E

Only one for sure. Former Jr. High head coach and o- coordinator Kerry Knowlton. He is currently in Louisiana. 10 applicants as of today first round of interviews are Tuesday night.

YouKnowUno

No one from within the coaching staff wanted the job?

big E

Not that I know of I've been huntin about every day since cell football ended so I've been out of the loop.

big E

Just talked to the newspaper guy and he thought 2 of Forrest city's  assistants applied. I'll know more after Tuesday.

Iknewthemwhen

Is Forrest City that bad that they want to go to PW?  Or just looking to be HC.

big E

Have know idea they are not gonna make the money that they do over there. Last one we got from there well y'all know the story . May have burnt that bridge a little.

littleman

We are trying to get lane kiffin😂😂😂😂😂

littleman

I would think anyone from Forrest city would be out unless it's their head coach, he's a good friend of mine, but we look what we got from fc last time🖓🖓🖓🖓

Lions84

Quote from: big E on November 29, 2016, 03:25:54 pm
If you come maybe I will do it lol. Good luck finding 4 linebackers  . They ain't here. Sartin was stuck on the 44 when personel wise he should have been running a 52 and that came from a well known and respected coach  not me.

I grew up with the 53 at Clarendon and before we went all this spread and sling it. It still worked fine if you had good enough speed at Safety and Corner.    I love 52 with a Monster.

Iknewthemwhen

If you have the right animals just about anything would work. LOL!

beach bum

I do believe with PW they could become a pretty good team on a yearly basis with the right coach that wanted to stay a while. I am not saying fighting for conference titles on a yearly basis, but there is no reason they couldn't get in the playoffs every year with what they have to work with there. Then maybe with that base you jump up for the conference title every 4 or 5 years with a special group..... I have heard PW may be headed for 3A and if that is the case don't take anything I said as a possibility.

Iknewthemwhen

Havent they been pretty good in the past?  Some 15 years ago or something like that?

big E

The whole problem the past 12 years is weights. Haven't had much of a weight program. Not all Sartins fault. Sometimes parents have to make there kids do the wright things. A lot of it had to do with the fact that the kids just didn't like Sartin now some did but as a whole they didn't believe in what he was trying to do. The next one needs to get these kids to buy in . He needs to get these parents to buy in also. And get those kids that left the program for what ever reason back in the program and committed to the program. As for the jump to 3a depends on which conference we get placed in. And we will only be there for 1 cycle . Then we drop back down.

Razorbacks48

so far I've heard knowlton and 2 guys from FC and possibly williams from CC...anyone heard anyone else?

big E

A guy from Oklahoma, DeWitt and someone that used to be at Brinkley. This is what I was told this morning. I doubt Williams is in the bunch though but if he is they should hire him today

YouKnowUno

There was also a guy that coached in Des Arc a while back that applied I think.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: YouKnowUno on December 06, 2016, 11:47:22 am
There was also a guy that coached in Des Arc a while back that applied I think.

Who?

Iknewthemwhen

So how many people have been the HC at PW in the past 20 years, it seems there have been a bunch.

Razorbacks48

big E

My guess is and it's just a guess that we should have a new coach pretty quick. That seems to be what board members want is to get it done by christmas.. And Steve Williams did not apply. Less miles did but our offence was bad enough. Lol that was a joke. I was told by a local lady that her son Applied.  I won't name names but he played for Farmer and is coaching Jr high at a 6a school. The problem with that is the money you won't make that kinda money at a 2a school.

Razorbacks48

Not as much talk on here about his as i expected, or the CC position...figured both would be filled by now or atleast down to a few people

YouKnowUno

big E

I think they are gonna interview today and tomorrow. My guess is the sup will recommend a coach Monday at the board meeting. That's just my guess if they want it done by christmas then you'll have to do it monday.

Lions84

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

big E

And no Terry Farmer has not applied or does he plan to apply for the head coaching position. So that rumor can be squashed.

Razorbacks48

big E

From what I was told it's narrowed down to 2. If everything goes smoothly should have a new coach by Tuesday.

Razorbacks48

NEASPORTSFAN

This job seems to come open every single year.

HorseFeathers

big E

This job hasn't been open since 09. You must wake up every 7 years or so.

Razorbacks48

kind of what i was thinking big e, sartin was there a while..with no williams or farmer applying and obviously not interviewed, do you know who the 4 interviewed were and who the final 2 are?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas