• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jonesboro 6A Champs!

Started by ricepig, October 29, 2016, 04:31:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Congrats to the Lady Canes for their 3-0 win over Marion for the state championship.

NEA Razorback olfan

ricepig

It was Jonesboro's 12th state championship in volleyball, which is the all-time best.

NEA Razorback olfan

October 29, 2016, 05:08:45 pm #3 Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 05:13:21 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: ricepig on October 29, 2016, 04:40:22 pm
It was Jonesboro's 12th state championship in volleyball, which is the all-time best.

Impressive, I'm not sure what this makes Brookland's state championship.
This area very well in represented in Volleyball.
4a Brookland
5A Valley Veiw , Paragould runner-up
6A Jonesboro , Marion runner-up

ricepig

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 29, 2016, 05:08:45 pm
Impressive, I'm not sure what this makes Brookland's state championship.
This area very well in represented in Volleyball.
4a Brookland
5A Valley Veiw
6A Jonesboro

No doubt, Westside, Paragould, and Nettleton are good, and of course, further down the road Marion had been winning them. I'm sure most of it is attributed to the club level that is played here.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: ricepig on October 29, 2016, 05:13:52 pm
No doubt, Westside, Paragould, and Nettleton are good, and of course, further down the road Marion had been winning them. I'm sure most of it is attributed to the club level that is played here.

Yes sir, I believe all these teams schedule each other to prepare for State.

moe99expedition

Quote from: ricepig on October 29, 2016, 04:31:42 pm
Congrats to the Lady Canes for their 3-0 win over Marion for the state championship.

I came early so I could watch Jonesboro vs. Marion. I was thoroughly impressed with the players, coaching and fans. Congrats!!

Vballfan

Impressive!  Cummings just seems to reload every year and winning this one with freshman and sophomores puts Jonesboro as the favorite for the next couple years.

OB11

Congrats to the Canes!

Just out of curiosity...(please don't think I'm trying to take anything away from Jonesboro) but I heard a bunch of Marion's players came down with the stomach bug before the championship game?  Does anyone know if this is true?

Marionvolleyballdad

You are correct that several of the girls caught a bug of some sort.  It appears that it was the sophomore group that got sick.  None of the starters were affected by the sickness. 

OB11

Quote from: Marionvolleyballdad on November 01, 2016, 10:24:58 am
You are correct that several of the girls caught a bug of some sort.  It appears that it was the sophomore group that got sick.  None of the starters were affected by the sickness.

Thanks!  Hate that for the ones that got sick.  Jonesboro's baseball team went through the same thing a few years back in the baseball state championship game. 

ricepig

Quote from: Marionvolleyballdad on November 01, 2016, 10:24:58 am

Overconfident, or just hard to beat someone 4 times? I really thought our girls over achieved by getting there, as young as they were. Marion's Sr's had a good run though the last 3 years.

Marionvolleyballdad

November 01, 2016, 11:56:07 am #12 Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 12:00:22 pm by Marionvolleyballdad
Jonesboro has a great tradition with volleyball.  They have a coach that seems to get the best out of his players every year.  Even on a down year Jonesboro is dangerous.  Beating the same team 4 times in one season is always hard to do unless that team is really bad.  Jonesboro will be very tough for the next few years with these young players.  Marion and Jonesboro seem to be the teams to beat every year in the 6A East.  I don't believe that Marion was over confident.  They have had a great season and unfortunately this past Saturday wasn't their day.  If you look at the past 3 years, Marion has been the most dominate team in 6A.  They have played for the 6A State Championship 3 years in a row and winning it in 2015.  In those 3 years they have won almost 100 games.  The past 3 years they have 91 wins and only 15 losses.  They have a great coaching staff and will continue to produce wins.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas