• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016-17 NBA Season

Started by MDXPHD, October 26, 2016, 08:34:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MDXPHD

Started last night. Warriors got blown out at home against the Spurs. Leonard with 35. A lot of interesting story lines to follow this season. Cavs looked great last night too.

Think the cavs repeat? Or do the Warriors redeem themselves? I think the Spurs will be solid all season too. Is there any team in the East that can challenge the Cavs?

mtindian42

The pacers made some good moves in the off season. Should bold well in the long run. Go Pacers Go!!!

beach bum

I agree the addition of Jeff Teague and Al Jefferson made the Pacers a very nice team. I would think they are only team with the tiniest chance to beat the Cavs in the playoffs.

PrivateLesson

Hoping the Warriors redeem themselves.

beach bum

I hope the Thunder beat the Warriors in the playoffs. The Warriors will implode after the season. Curry isn't even going to re sign with the Warriors IMO...

beach bum

Western Conference:

1.Warriors
2.Spurs
3.Clippers
4.Thunder
5.Grizzlies
6.Blazers
7.Timberwolves
8.Jazz
9.Mavericks
10.Pelicans
11.Rockets
12.Suns
13.Kings
14.Nuggets
15.Lakers

beach bum

Eastern Conference:

1.Cavaliers
2.Raptors
3.Pacers
4.Celtics
5.Bucks
6.Pistons
7.Hornets
8.Heat
9.Bulls
10.Wizards
11.Knicks
12.Hawks
13.Magic
14.Sixers
15.Nets

beach bum

Eastern Semis: Cavs over Celtics/Pacers over Raptors
Western Semis: Thunder over Warriors/Spurs over Clippers

Eastern Finals: Cavs over Pacers
Western Finals: Thunder over Spurs

Finals: Cavs over Thunder in 6 games

WPWells

Ya know, beach bum, I'd take that :D

beach bum

Westbrook is the closest thing to Kobe back in the day. I think the Thunder are filled with a scrappy defensive minded roster and I wouldn't count them out of taking down the Spurs or Warriors.

mtindian42

Wow! You got my pacers in the ECF! I sure hope your right...

Longfellow

I personally think the Jazz will shock a lot of people this year. I also believe the Nuggets will overachieve

BigLion10

I think my Spurs make the finals this year and upset Cleveland

MDXPHD

I think the Thunder struggle early but maybe I'm wrong. They'll be fine throughout the season. I believe they play GS next week.

mtindian42

Pacers up by 4 with :48 left in the game. Myles turner has had a monster night!

MDXPHD

October 26, 2016, 08:49:56 pm #15 Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 08:54:42 pm by MDXPHD
AD has 36 of Nola's 61 in the 3rd so far!

Thunder struggling with Philly.

mtindian42

Pacers give up the 4 point lead and we are in OT. The pacers have taken a 4 point lead in the OT. Going to be a fun year!

MDXPHD

Quote from: mtindian42 on October 26, 2016, 08:54:55 pm
Pacers give up the 4 point lead and we are in OT. The pacers have taken a 4 point lead in the OT. Going to be a fun year!

Looks like y'all won now. Good way to start the season.

mtindian42

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 26, 2016, 08:57:49 pm
Looks like y'all won now. Good way to start the season.
yea just went final. Got to learn how to close out games. Mavericks will be tough in the west. Way to go Pacers!!!

WPWells

VHSCoach2

Lake Show 1-0  8)

We're ahead of the Warriors!

Only 81 to go for a perfect season  ;D

MDXPHD

Minnesota opened up with a 20-3 lead on Memphis, only to let the Grizz come back and win. Wolves are still very young but have a ton of talent.

MDXPHD

Not too far into the season and Cleveland is 6-0..looking like they won't be touched in the East. Warriros have already lost two. It seems like OKC, Clippers, SA, and GS are all going to be competitive this season in the West.

mtindian42

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 07, 2016, 06:18:15 pm
Not too far into the season and Cleveland is 6-0..looking like they won't be touched in the East. Warriros have already lost two. It seems like OKC, Clippers, SA, and GS are all going to be competitive this season in the West.
pacers could challenge them. They will be tough to beat tho with the best of all time on there team!

mtindian42

Pacers look bad against the Bobcats! PG 13 has to keep his cool and not kick balls into the stands...😏 Got to get better its that simple.

mtindian42

Pacers should get back on track tonight against Philadelphia.

Redwolves8526

Paul George just hasn't looked the same since that injury. Doesn't look near as explosive. Maybe he'll get that back over the course of the season

mtindian42

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on November 09, 2016, 02:52:11 pm
Paul George just hasn't looked the same since that injury. Doesn't look near as explosive. Maybe he'll get that back over the course of the season
at times he will look like his old self. He seems to be letting it get between his ears a little. He should be fine in the big picture but as for right now it is getting to him.

mtindian42

Pacers win in ot over (Philadelphia 122-115)If they don't get it together this will be another long season! 🙈🤒😏

mtindian42

Pacers lost to the 76ers!?🤔 I don't know what is going on. But it needs to get fixed fast!😡

beach bum

I never thought I would say this.... But this might be the only year the Clippers can actually win a title. They look very good.

mtindian42

Pacers lose again!😡 This is not acceptable! I know Paul was out with a bad knee but still some one else has to step up in that situation. McMillen you need to step it up... Are get to stepping one of the two. We're to good to be at the bottom of the central.

mtindian42

Pacers set at 18-18  3rd in the central. 9.5 games out of 1st place.

Chief_Osceola™

Somebody let me know when the Knicks get good again. 

dc24

Saw Vince Carter playing for the Grizzlies last night on TV against the Clippers. Brings back some memories.

mtindian42

beach bum

The Western Conference is LOCKED for matchups in the 1st round with 2 games remaining in the regular season....

(1)Warriors
(8)Blazers

(4) or (5) Jazz/Clippers- these two teams will be playing but can still flip to either 4 or 5 seed

(2)Spurs
(7)Grizzlies

(3)Rockets
(6)Thunder

-Rockets and Thunder is a 1st round match up of that quality we do not see often
-Spurs and Grizzlies will be hard fought and defensively minded

Redwolves8526

I'm hoping the Grizzlies can pull one out of their butt and win this series. Probably won't happen. But besides Leonard, I'm not too overly impressed by the Spurs. I honestly don't know how they've won 60+ games, but I guess that is the Pop magic at work.

I have tickets to game 4  ;D I'm hoping that isn't the closeout game!

BigLion10

Spurs have never been an impressive team. They just beat you with sound fundamentals

BigLion10

I got my tickets to game 4 Saturday night as well in Memphis should be fun

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: BigLion10 on April 13, 2017, 09:14:27 am
Spurs have never been an impressive team. They just beat you with sound fundamentals

I think that's exactly what makes them impressive. They aren't flashy, they play good defense, and they make opponents defend everyone. Kawhi Leonard may be the most complete player in the league.

Redwolves8526

How about those Grizzlies?

BigLion10

So long OKC see you next year!!

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on April 17, 2017, 02:34:03 pm
I think that's exactly what makes them impressive. They aren't flashy, they play good defense, and they make opponents defend everyone. Kawhi Leonard may be the most complete player in the league.

I know, but Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili aren't near the players they used to be. I don't think this Spurs team is near as good as years past, even though they won 60+games.

Side note, if the Grizzlies even had a semi-elite guard that could defend the perimeter, Memphis would be winning this series. How many times are Troy Daniels and Andrew Harrison going to float to the middle of the lane to help off (when you already have a 7 footer for a rim protector) and leave Patty Mills (or any of their other guards) wide open on the 3pt line? I realize some of these kids are young. But with a bit more discipline out on the perimeter, the Grizz could easily be winning this series.

RATTLER43

MDXPHD

The finals are who pretty much everyone thought it would be. What do y'all think, will the Cavs repeat? Warriors present some matchup problems I think, as they do against anyone. I don't think anyone on GS can stop Kyrie or Lebron though.

mtindian42

May 29, 2017, 09:49:21 am #46 Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 06:00:58 am by mtindian42
Quote from: MDXPHD on May 29, 2017, 08:24:53 am
The finals are who pretty much everyone thought it would be. What do y'all think, will the Cavs repeat? Warriors present some matchup problems I think, as they do against anyone. I don't think anyone on GS can stop Kyrie or Lebron though.
cavs in 7

LRRandy

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 29, 2017, 08:24:53 am
if Love shoots as well in the finals as he has so far in the playoffs I think Cleveland wins.

WPWells

Redwolves8526

Golden State in 6. I just don't think Cleveland can match up with them this time around.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas