• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cabot vs Bryant

Started by Walter, October 17, 2016, 07:39:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter

Homecoming for the Hornets. Can be a distraction. Not good to be playing a team as good as Cabot. Is Cabot going to be at full strength?

Youngsta71701

What kind of impression is Buck James making on the Hornet football team and in the community?

justme87

Panther's won't have Barnes.  Hornets by 14+

tobac1

Cabot's defense should be able to keep Bryant in check.... If the Panthers offense can hold on to the ball, and not kill itself.... it will be a good game.. I'm looking forward to watching this one.
From what I have seen this year, Cabot's run defense is as good as any team in the state.... the way Bryant has ran the ball this year, should be a slobber knocker.

Cabotfan

Hope they have room for visitors with all the festivities!!  8)

Maynard G Krebs

Cabot gets beat by Conway and barley beats Central.  Is this because the star QB is out?  If so, then Bryant takes this one.  Possible scenario is that Bryant starts strong, then struggles but hangs on for the win.

Walter

Our visitors side is not huge but I have only seen a few teams come in a fill it up.

Walter

I can't speak for the community. I thought his starting with so many kids and not narrowing down on most positions was not the best way to go. It took half way through the season before he settled on a starting QB. We looked outclassed by both Northside and Fayetteville. You can see the kids are gaining confidence in the team and he is winning. I have to be patient. Calley is a good coach and a tough one to take over for.

Cabotfan

Quote from: SardisHog on October 18, 2016, 06:37:57 pm
Our visitors side is not huge but I have only seen a few teams come in a fill it up.

Visitors side? I heard the home side was were all the action is!

DuckyDon

If Barnes plays...Cabot wins...would have never thought a single player in 7A ball would have such an affect on a team...if Barnes is out Bryant wins....

Maynard G Krebs

RyanLR

Does Cabot really only have one guy they can count on for offense?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: RyanLR on October 22, 2016, 03:53:12 am
Does Cabot really only have one guy they can count on for offense?

Certainly seems to be the case

Walter

Cabot threw more passes in this game then they have in all the other games combined  with Bryant. For most of the game instead of 3 yards of dust when they ran it was more like 1.5 yards. I guess one player can make a difference. Both Bryant's defense and offense have grown through the season. Our sophomore QB has a good arm and can deliver the short passes with good accuracy. He has the arm strength for the long pass but not quite the ability to hit the receiver in stride yet. Bryant has a running game but seemed to abandon it last night. I don't know if that was because of Cabot's defense or what.

Hornet-Hawg

Most of the passes were to Barnes who had 2 of their tds.

Coach Alley

My son and a teammate from the track team offered to help the teamost, but were told it was too late to join the team. The coaches could've used their speed, but I get why they told them they didn't want them.

Walter

Why did they not play him at QB? It is where the team needs him the most.

Fanofsports

Their excuse was decreased lateral movement due to high ankle sprain,. I think Barnes is wanting to show he can play receiver since he won't be QB at UofA

Cabotfan

Quote from: Fanofsports on October 25, 2016, 11:38:16 am
Their excuse was decreased lateral movement due to high ankle sprain,. I think Barnes is wanting to show he can play receiver since he won't be QB at UofA

Sounds like a good excuse for someone with a high ankle sprain! Barnes doesn't need to show anything. He already has his offer.

Lions84

Fanofsports

Quote from: Cabotfan on October 25, 2016, 01:04:14 pm
Sounds like a good excuse for someone with a high ankle sprain! Barnes doesn't need to show anything. He already has his offer.
I agree

Youngsta71701

Quote from: SardisHog on October 18, 2016, 06:45:44 pm
I can't speak for the community. I thought his starting with so many kids and not narrowing down on most positions was not the best way to go. It took half way through the season before he settled on a starting QB. We looked outclassed by both Northside and Fayetteville. You can see the kids are gaining confidence in the team and he is winning. I have to be patient. Calley is a good coach and a tough one to take over for.
That's all a part of his plan and big picture. He's fair with everyone and will give everyone a chance until someone pulls away and wins the job. He want give in to politics. He will play the best player at that position or the player that should be playing. He doesn't give in to politics. He does what it takes to win. He puts the players in the best positions to succeed the rest is up to them. He does what it takes to win and improve young men as people and football players. As long as it's legal. Once his system is all the way in place you will see the results.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas