• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 MLB Playoffs

Started by Redwolves8526, October 12, 2016, 08:26:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwolves8526

I don't care who you are a fan of...last night's game was incredible. The Cubs, down 3, scored 4 runs in the top half of the 9th and closed it out with Chapman (threw 13 pitches, none under 100mph). Incredible 2 games in San Francisco. Dodgers and Nats play game 5 Thursday to determine NLCS matchup.

The Indians and Blue Jays barely flinched in their ALDS matchups. I expect the ALCS series to be a good one. Both teams have phenomenal pitching staffs.

So, with 5 teams left, who are you rooting for? Thoughts on the rest of the playoffs?

Longfellow

I had SF and Texas in the series but I guess now I'll take Chi-town and Toronto. I hope not though. I hate Toronto

WPWells

Head Lion

Thanks Fredbird & well wishes to you & the Charleston Tigers.

WPWells

My roommate is a huge Cubs fan, and he's the nicest guy in the world, so I'm trying to do better about not being completely hateful to the Cubs, just rooting against them

Head Lion

Quote from: Fred Bird on October 12, 2016, 11:03:35 am
My roommate is a huge Cubs fan, and he's the nicest guy in the world, so I'm trying to do better about not being completely hateful to the Cubs, just rooting against them
Don't think ever that I don't respect the Cardinals success, because I do. In fact probably a little jealous, but 99% of my friends are Cards fans and I just like to poke at them. Monday night, I got 58 text at 1 am in the morning when we lost. Last night, I got 2. It is all in fun I promise.

WPWells

Sounds good. No hard feelings

dc24

Someone asked me when it started who would win it all and I said the Indians, so I guess I'll pull for them. Will probably pull for whoever comes out of the AL. Not too big a fan of any of the NL teams.

Redwolves8526

Big game tonight with the Nats and Dodgers. Scherzer vs Rich Hill for a trip to Chicago on Saturday.

Redwolves8526

Well, Hill gets pulled after 2, and the Dodgers bullpen took over from there. Kershaw came in with 2 on in the 9th and retired the two batters he faced in order. Pretty gutsy call to put him in there in that situation. Never in his career has he come in with runners on base.

Dodgers vs Cubs. Can't wait!

WPWells

That was an amazing game last night!

Redwolves8526

The Indians are poll walking the Jays, while the NLCS looks to be a good one with game 3 tonight and the series tied 1-1. Can't wait! Go Cubs

Longfellow

I hate the blue jays so much. Glad to see them getting hammered. Been fun watching Andrew Miller. Never seen a guy pitch that good before

Redwolves8526

The Indians win the series in 5, and advance to the world series. Andrew Miller won MVP. Had an incredible series out of the pen.

The Cubs get shut out in back to back games, then come back and win game 4, 10-2 with Rizzo and Russell going deep. Series is tied at 2-2. Game 5 is tonight with Lester on the hill. First pitch at 7:08pm on FS1.

Lets go Cubbies!

beach bum

Unless the Cubs let all the wheels fall off the wagon in the last inning the Cubs and Indians will be in the World Series....

WPWells

Congrats to the Cubs.

Go Tribe.

beach bum

Really tough to pick.... Baseball and hockey can be so hard to make predictions. I will say it goes 7 games though for some excitement.

Lumberjackfan1978

mtindian42

Redwolves8526

First pitch tonight at 7:08! Let's go Cubs! Should be a fantastic series

VHSCoach2

I hope Steve Bartman throws out the first pitch for Game 3  ;D

Also, I saw a Stub Hub purchase of tickets for Game 4. The  four tickets were for Row 5 behind home plate, and someone paid $64,000 plus fees for those four seats.

olemissjacket99

i overheard smoltz  talking about pitching to the glove side and or arm side....or something like that....

just what exactly does that mean??

WPWells

Which side of the box he's throwing to. Most catchers are right-handed, so if it's glove side then it's the right-handed box. If it's arm side it's the left-handed box

WPWells

Redwolves8526

Kluber looked unreal last night

WPWells

I think you mean KKKKKKKKKluber

nastynice

Rizzo is a gamer! He's up to bat every inning it seems like.

mtindian42

How bout them Cubs? 1-1 going to chi-town.Head Lion is got to be happy this morning!

Redwolves8526

Quote from: mtindian42 on October 27, 2016, 04:06:57 am
How bout them Cubs? 1-1 going to chi-town.Head Lion is got to be happy this morning!

And little Fred is gonna be so truly upset

WPWells

Redwolves8526

Game 6 tonight with the Indians up 3-2! Arrieta vs Tomlin should be a good one! First pitch at 7:08pm. Go Cubs!

AirWarren

I don't watch baseball but I just tuned in. Wow. Two run homer to tie it up in the bottom of the 8th by the Indians.

WOW.

mtindian42

bdubyab60

I finally decide to watch a game. This darn goat thing might actually be real.

mtindian42

What a game! It's to bad someone has to lose in this one...

AirWarren

What a stupid call on that Baez bunt. Pop fly gets you a chance at a run. Way to go cubs.

bdubyab60

Quote from: AirWarren on November 02, 2016, 10:44:16 pm
What a stupid call on that Baez bunt. Pop fly gets you a chance at a run. Way to go cubs.
Yep. Didn't make much since in that situation

AirWarren

I hate the game of baseball. But sweet mother Mary, why not hit it in play and give your go ahead runner at 3rd a chance to end this game. Good grief!!!

mtindian42

The Cubs need to end this thing now. The longer it goes I don't like there chances!

bdubyab60

AirWarren

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 02, 2016, 10:55:32 pm
And rain delay

Good lord. Sissy sport. Play the game in the rain. Even a "sissy sport" like soccer plays in the pouring down rain.

bdubyab60

They aren't getting a rock thrown at them at 90 plus either. And playing constant kickball is really boring lol

bdubyab60

If this lasts too long both teams lose a pitcher

bdubyab60

Quote from: AirWarren on November 02, 2016, 10:57:24 pm
Good lord. Sissy sport. Play the game in the rain. Even a "sissy sport" like soccer plays in the pouring down rain.
and don't give us this sissy crap. The way some of those soccer players flop

mtindian42

Are the Cubs really cursed? I thought that was all media. I wonder now tho 🤔

AirWarren

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 02, 2016, 11:04:10 pm
and don't give us this sissy crap. The way some of those soccer players flop
Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 02, 2016, 11:02:09 pm
They aren't getting a rock thrown at them at 90 plus either. And playing constant kickball is really boring lol

90 mph rock flying at your head and a full fledged kick to the shin with cleat spikes. No thanks to either!

bdubyab60

Quote from: AirWarren on November 02, 2016, 11:06:38 pm
90 mph rock flying at your head and a full fledged kick to the shin with cleat spikes. No thanks to either!
They just bring out that magic spray and poof fixed lol

Lumberjackfan1978

AirWarren

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 02, 2016, 11:15:47 pm
They just bring out that magic spray and poof fixed lol

Lol. The spray lidocaine. I guess so.

Looks like the cubs may escape this. Come on, I want to go to bed.

AirWarren

Looks as if they should have pitched Edwards earlier.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas