• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chop blocks

Started by 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT, September 10, 2016, 12:32:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

I counted at least 5 chop block penalties called against Cabot tonight. You don't see chop block called much, and to see it that many times in a game against one team? Benefited the Cats but was wondering if that is result of the type of offense they run (wishbone) and if they historically get that many in a game?

arreferee

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on September 10, 2016, 12:32:55 am
I counted at least 5 chop block penalties called against Cabot tonight. You don't see chop block called much, and to see it that many times in a game against one team? Benefited the Cats but was wondering if that is result of the type of offense they run (wishbone) and if they historically get that many in a game?

I don't know what type of offense they run so I can't comment on that.  A chop block is a combination high/low block.  Evidently, some of the players are consistently going low when they aren't supposed to be...especially when the player being blocked is already engaged with another player.

Lions84

Sounds like some are missing the teaching on this safety rule.  My bum leg is in part to a Legal then chop block in 1982.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas