• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016-17 NCAA Football Season

Started by VHSCoach2, August 05, 2016, 04:37:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

I'm with you bum. It's also making me happy to see ND look like this

Valleysports

It's a terrible thing happening - Texas even playing well.  Recruits!  I thought Arkansas was going to play Texas, in the near future, is that off the books now?

Valleysports

Well ND is seriously over ranked - was...........

Longfellow

Injuries and arrests wrecked Notre Dame's defense. The offense will be tough, but their secondary may be worse than Arkansas'

beach bum

This was big... but even Charlie Strong said it was one game. This is definitely a much better Texas though. We will see but I think they definitely win at least 9 games now.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Valleysports on September 04, 2016, 09:46:28 pm
It's a terrible thing happening - Texas even playing well.  Recruits!  I thought Arkansas was going to play Texas, in the near future, is that off the books now?

Texas travels to Fayetteville in 2021. Not sure which season the Hogs go to Austin.

Longfellow

The only team I hate more than the Longhorns is A&M. Regardless, they were impressive. That linebacker, Malik Jefferson, was all over the field. Buechele looked fantastic for a true freshman. Can't remember who, but someone told me a couple years ago that Texas would be in the playoff by 2018. I'm starting to believe them

LRRandy

So, does Ole Miss stay within 2 TD's of FSU tonight?

beach bum

Quote from: LRRandy on September 05, 2016, 06:07:44 pm

If they lose then the SEC only went 6-6 in non conference week 1 and almost lost two more games which would have looked awful. It looks like Alabama or bust for the conference....

WPWells

VHSCoach2

Quote from: LRRandy on September 05, 2016, 06:07:44 pm

More like does FSU stay within two TD's of Ole Miss at this rate.

mtindian42

September 05, 2016, 08:14:36 pm #61 Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 08:24:26 pm by mtindian42
Ole miss is the better football team... number 4 might be in trouble.

LRRandy

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on September 05, 2016, 08:11:17 pm
More like does FSU stay within two TD's of Ole Miss at this rate.
i think you're right. FSU freshman qb having a shaky start.

bdubyab60

Well it should at least be 28-17. Cook dropping that TD out of bounds didn't help. Lot of ball game left but right now it doesn't look like FSU can really stop ole miss

mtindian42

Wow. This thing has turned quickly...

bdubyab60

And that's the reason we don't celebrate winning the first half

VHSCoach2

New Top 25 released today:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Florida State
4. Ohio State
5. Michigan
6. Houston
7. Stanford
8. Washington
9. Georgia
10. Wisconsin
11. Texas
12. Michigan State
13. Louisville
14. Oklahoma
15. TCU
16. Iowa
17. Tennessee
18. Notre Dame
19. Ole Miss
20. Texas A&M
21. LSU
22. Oklahoma State
23. Baylor
24. Oregon
25. Miami (FL)

VHSCoach2

Just saw a report that 32 Charleston Southern football players have been suspended for spending their left-ver textbook money on things other than textbooks.

What other things, you ask?

Pencils, binders, paper, and calculators for their classes.....

Good ol' NCAA strikes again.

mtindian42

lol... Wow! What a bunch of controll freaks...

Longfellow

Entertaining game going on between Pitt and Penn State right now

wildcat_x-mgr

September 10, 2016, 02:11:46 pm #70 Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 07:08:20 pm by wildcat_x-mgr
Quote from: VHSCoach2 on September 09, 2016, 04:58:22 pm
Just saw a report that 32 Charleston Southern football players have been suspended for spending their left-ver textbook money on things other than textbooks.

What other things, you ask?

Pencils, binders, paper, and calculators for their classes.....

Good ol' NCAA strikes again.

That is pretty ridiculous... Especially considering that from my experience, textbooks are severely underused anyway with most classes. More of your money's worth for those other supplies.

Oh well, the world's crazy, what else is new?

mtindian42

Hogs looking solid right now... If y'all can pull it off. Y'all might can get in the top 25

LRRandy

Heck. Of. A. Win. Congrats Hog nation.

mtindian42

Congrats to the hogs...great ball game... Wow...

WPWells

Best football game I've ever attended

mtindian42

is it the beginning of the end of nick Saban at Alabama? Yesterday after there game Saban threw his whole team and lane kiffin under a bus. Is the writing on the wall in Tuscaloosa? 

mtindian42

Quote from: Fred Bird on September 10, 2016, 11:03:48 pm
Best football game I've ever attended
you seen a good one that's for sure. From what I seen the hogs look tough. Yalls defense needs a little work get that fixed...y'all could make some noise...

WPWells

If we play like we played for the first three quarters/offense in overtime, there's no reason we couldn't beat anyone in the country.

AirWarren

ASU got throttled.

Has the excitement and "run" ended in Jonesboro?

VHSCoach2

Quote from: mtindian42 on September 11, 2016, 07:29:57 am
is it the beginning of the end of nick Saban at Alabama? Yesterday after there game Saban threw his whole team and lane kiffin under a bus. Is the writing on the wall in Tuscaloosa?

Saban will be at Alabama until he retires. Kiffin will be gone after this season since he will likely be offered a head coaching position somewhere.

VHSCoach2

Here's the new AP Poll:

1. Alabama
2. Florida State
3. Ohio State
4. Michigan
5. Clemson
6. Houston
7. Stanford
8. Washington
9. Wisconsin
10. Louisville
11. Texas
12. Michigan State
13. Iowa
14. Oklahoma
15. Tennessee
16. Georgia
17. Texas A&M
18. Notre Dame
19. Ole Miss
20. LSU
21. Baylor
22. Oregon
23. Florida
24. Arkansas
25. Miami (FL)

Valleysports

September 11, 2016, 01:39:48 pm #81 Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 01:43:45 pm by Valleysports
Quote from: mtindian42 on September 10, 2016, 07:06:29 pm
Hogs looking solid right now... If y'all can pull it off. Y'all might can get in the top 25

The Top 25 is so polluted with teams ranked behind smoke n mirrors!  LOL  I understand most people watch QB's, RB's, & WR's, not the actual team performance.  Notre Dame isn't a good team, go back and watch their defense, don't understand angles of pursuit, reads, 101 tackling.  Texas moved from non-ranked to #11 cause they scraped by ND. LOL  ND was terrible again yesterday, beating Nevada a bunch, but it looked so bad.  Didn't score until the 2nd qtr and the first 18 points Nevada gave them. Nevada looked DII. Oklahoma only fell to #14, after getting a butt stompin by Houston.  I can see the case, since those teams are ranked, Arkansas should be ranked.  But NO.  TCU?  Seriously did they look good to you?  S Dakota State ran up 41 points on TCU, like they were playing pick up ball.  TCU isn't a Top 25.  It'll all come out in the wash, Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, others like Wisconsin, Michigan, better hope they aren't over ranked come post season.  There are definitely teams under ranked...

Edit: VHSCoach2 thanks for the new rankings - moving closer to my point. Oh and UCLA would put the hurt on Texas, ND, Oklahoma

VHSCoach2

#6 Houston comes back from 16-12 down in the 4th quarter to beat the Bearcats 40-16, including back-to-back pick-sixes on two consecutive defensive plays.

LRRandy

I thought to myself this morning that Petrino could never win big games against elite competition while at Arkansas so FSU is going to beat Louisville. Boy was I wrong. He will be in the top 5 after this weekends games. 

HorseFeathers

mtindian42

Let's go Colorado... beat the brakes off them whovereens

AirWarren

LRRandy

Ole Miss gets another big lead only to let Bama storm back. Come on rebels win the second half.

bdubyab60

mtindian42

mtindian42

The hogs are destroying Texas state. Y'all might score 60 tonight.

Valleysports

Quote from: Valleysports on September 11, 2016, 01:39:48 pm
The Top 25 is so polluted with teams ranked behind smoke n mirrors!  LOL  I understand most people watch QB's, RB's, & WR's, not the actual team performance.  Notre Dame isn't a good team, go back and watch their defense, don't understand angles of pursuit, reads, 101 tackling.  Texas moved from non-ranked to #11 cause they scraped by ND. LOL  ND was terrible again yesterday, beating Nevada a bunch, but it looked so bad.  Didn't score until the 2nd qtr and the first 18 points Nevada gave them. Nevada looked DII. Oklahoma only fell to #14, after getting a butt stompin by Houston.  I can see the case, since those teams are ranked, Arkansas should be ranked.  But NO.  TCU?  Seriously did they look good to you?  S Dakota State ran up 41 points on TCU, like they were playing pick up ball.  TCU isn't a Top 25.  It'll all come out in the wash, Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, others like Wisconsin, Michigan, better hope they aren't over ranked come post season.  There are definitely teams under ranked...

So where are we?  Notre Dame (gone), TCU (gone), Texas (fail), Oklahoma (done).  This all started with Notre Dame giving a wanna be conference false hope!  Ha ha.  SEC gonna be strong by post season.  AAA

Longfellow

Dalvin Cook had more yards on one carry today then he did last week against Louisville

mtindian42

UGA was overrated. MSU is in trouble down 30-6 to Wisconsin.

mtindian42

The mad hater dose it again! Wait  a second... Auburn wins on the last play of the game...wow. what a game!!!

mtindian42

A-state is in a dog fight with uca 23-22 a state.but uca is driving to take the lead.

mtindian42

Lol uca takes the lead on asu. 28-23 6:26 to go.  upset alert.

beach bum

The Razorbacks seem to be trying real hard to.... beat the Razorbacks so far.

mtindian42

Uca just picked asu off the Bears with the ball and a chance to run out the clock wow...

mtindian42

Uca dose it... They hang on to shock the red wolves...28-23 what a game!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas