• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016-17 NCAA Football Season

Started by VHSCoach2, August 05, 2016, 04:37:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianfromCarlisle

Ok....why are they giving them medicine??   I mean they shouldn't dose people. It's unethical

LRRandy

Quote from: mtindian42 on September 24, 2016, 08:35:48 pm
The mad hater dose it again! Wait  a second... Auburn wins on the last play of the game...wow. what a game!!!
chaos is about to ensue. I love it!

mtindian42

The mad hater has been fired from lsu.

VHSCoach2

Les Miles and Cam Cameron have been fired.

Ed Orgeron is expected to be the interim coach for the remainder of the season for the Tigers.

bdubyab60

Whenever you say things are going to be different I guess they need to appear to be changing.

mtindian42

Lsu would be smart to go after tom Herman.

VHSCoach2

LSU's mascot, Mike the Tiger VI, passed away today after a battle with cancer.

Longfellow

Random Prediction: Minnesota will upset either Nebraska or Wisconsin

mtindian42

AT

Note of interest: NC State offensive coordinator is from Alma.

mtindian42

How dose the a&m guy get ejected, but not the bama guy? 🤔

HorseFeathers

Colorado and Stanford fans seen a baseball game break out today...

VHSCoach2

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 22, 2016, 05:10:55 pm
Colorado and Stanford fans seen a baseball game break out today...

The ironic part of your statement is that the University of Colorado doesn't offer baseball as a sport.  ;D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on October 22, 2016, 08:54:20 pm
The ironic part of your statement is that the University of Colorado doesn't offer baseball as a sport.  ;D

Did not know that today

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on October 22, 2016, 08:54:20 pm

Wait, what? Seriously?

1-Adam-12

OU and T-Tech combine for 1,708 total yards tonight.

854 for each team.

Valleysports

Quote from: Valleysports on September 18, 2016, 09:35:54 pm
So where are we?  Notre Dame (gone), TCU (gone), Texas (fail), Oklahoma (done).  This all started with Notre Dame giving a wanna be conference false hope!  Ha ha.  SEC gonna be strong by post season.  AAA

I got to update the pretenders and contenders tomorrow.  Ole Miss (done), TCU lost again, Texas lost again.......  Ohio State - oh my. 

VHSCoach2

Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on October 22, 2016, 11:20:12 pm
Wait, what? Seriously?

Indeed. Baseball (along with six other sports) were discontinued due to budget cuts after the 1980 athletic season.

LRRandy

October 23, 2016, 09:49:46 am #118 Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 09:52:55 am by LRRandy
Quote from: Valleysports on October 22, 2016, 11:42:55 pm
I got to update the pretenders and contenders tomorrow.  Ole Miss (done), TCU lost again, Texas lost again.......  Ohio State - oh my.
oh my? Yeah, a loss to a very mediocre Penn St. team is not confidence inspiring. But there is enough left on the schedule ( 3 possible top ten teams) that if they win out they would get in the playoff. So not a pretender just yet.  I notice you didn't call them a pretender earlier, just jumped on after a loss. Way to step out there Nostradamus.

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on October 23, 2016, 09:46:01 am
Indeed. Baseball (along with six other sports) were discontinued due to budget cuts after the 1980 athletic season.

Holy cow... Wouldn't have expected that from a major school like CU.

WPWells

It's actually not uncommon for schools to not have baseball. Wisconsin is another example

HorseFeathers

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 23, 2016, 07:07:46 pm
Cause baseball is boring ?

Now, that is funny. I always try to criticize baseball but then realize how quickly people can turn the table on me how I watch soccer. I always thought it was weird Colorado doesn't have baseball but having spent time in Boulder I figured out why. Weather and culture so the make up the Title 9 scholarship issue in baseball I figure.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on October 23, 2016, 08:03:59 pm
Now, that is funny. I always try to criticize baseball but then realize how quickly people can turn the table on me how I watch soccer. I always thought it was weird Colorado doesn't have baseball but having spent time in Boulder I figured out why. Weather and culture so the make up the Title 9 scholarship issue in baseball I figure.

I've watched High school soccer....if Hector ever got a wild hair and start up a program...I'd probably watch a game or two

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 23, 2016, 08:32:17 pm
I've watched High school soccer....if Hector ever got a wild hair and start up a program...I'd probably watch a game or two

This may sound strange, but at the high school level I actually feel girls soccer can be more enjoyable and cleaner game to watch. When you watch two lower tier teams play in boys all they end up doing is kicking it far and trying to have their guys chase it way too much where there is zero flow to a game. In girls they seem to kick out around a little more and have at least some flow to it. Now, top teams in high school and college/pro in soccer I'll watch the boys all day over women's soccer.

AirWarren

I really like Dabo and his Clemson Tigers. He runs a good, solid program.

Valleysports

Quote from: LRRandy on October 23, 2016, 09:49:46 am
I notice you didn't call them a pretender earlier, just jumped on after a loss. Way to step out there Nostradamus.
Quote from: LRRandy on September 03, 2016, 02:33:22 pm
Passed the first test. Dominated a team they should have. Ask Tennessee about how it doesn't always work that way.
Quote from: Valleysports on September 04, 2016, 09:48:34 pm
About the same caliber opponent as Ohio plays in conference.
Quote from: LRRandy on September 05, 2016, 06:08:57 pm
? Huh ?

Oh trust me, I've been saying Ohio St was overrated all along.  It's just that no one is really interested in them other than not wanting them to get in an, over their heads, playoff.  Counting on you to keep us updated.  Nostradamus?  Good Lord, you got Yankee written all over you!

LRRandy

Quote from: Valleysports on October 30, 2016, 08:29:42 am
Oh trust me, I've been saying Ohio St was overrated all along.  It's just that no one is really interested in them other than not wanting them to get in an, over their heads, playoff.  Counting on you to keep us updated.  Nostradamus?  Good Lord, you got Yankee written all over you!
trust you? Why? Not once in all your posts prior to the loss did you say that tOhio State was overrated. You seem to have a firm grasp of the quote function. Post the quote. I can admit if I'm wrong. Just haven't seen it. Where did you go to school?  I have gathered your not an Arkansas fan and simply claim sec fandom. I haven't seen you take a stand on a team. The sec is a little milquetoast this year huh. Bama does in fact look mighty. I can remember a number one Bama team getting beat by a third string qb not so long ago so don't just crown em yet. Finally. Is Nostradamus not in southern text books? Why would that be a northern thing? A man that made prophesies in the 16th century that have appeared to have come true is something only a "Yankee" would know. Interesting. Take your shots. Cling to Bama. It's all you got.

mtindian42

Quote from: LRRandy on October 30, 2016, 08:58:25 am
trust you? Why? Not once in all your posts prior to the loss did you say that tOhio State was overrated. You seem to have a firm grasp of the quote function. Post the quote. I can admit if I'm wrong. Just haven't seen it. Where did you go to school?  I have gathered your not an Arkansas fan and simply claim sec fandom. I haven't seen you take a stand on a team. The sec is a little milquetoast this year huh. Bama does in fact look mighty. I can remember a number one Bama team getting beat by a third string qb not so long ago so don't just crown em yet. Finally. Is Nostradamus not in southern text books? Why would that be a northern thing? A man that made prophesies in the 16th century that have appeared to have come true is something only a "Yankee" would know. Interesting. Take your shots. Cling to Bama. It's all you got.
+1 way to rep Buckeye Nation!!!

Valleysports

Only a geek yankee would use the name Nostradamus in this century?  Buckeye's is the name of your team?  Buckeye?  Really - Buckeye ...... Wow.  Mean Fighting, Buckeye...  Is that like a garden plant, seed, something or nother?  If the Big 10 joined the Big 12, you'd have 22 Teams that have no business in the playoffs.

Why you name yourself emptyindian anyway?  Full of hot air?

mtindian42

Quote from: Valleysports on October 30, 2016, 11:39:19 am
Only a geek yankee would use the name Nostradamus in this century?  Buckeye's is the name of your team?  Buckeye?  Really - Buckeye ...... Wow.  Mean Fighting, Buckeye...  Is that like a garden plant, seed, something or nother?  If the Big 10 joined the Big 12, you'd have 22 Teams that have no business in the playoffs.

last time we had no bussness in the playoffs what happen? Thought so! Shut up!

LRRandy

Quote from: Valleysports on October 30, 2016, 11:39:19 am

are you ten years old? If you don't have a vocabulary or understand witty sarcasm being used in the reference of a mid century prognosticator so be it. Don't sell others short though excluding the whole south. Way to attack a mascot. Ooohhh!! Tough guy. And it's a killer nut thank you very much. I agree the big 12 won't have a team in the playoff. The B1G will. Right now it could be any one of three or four teams. How many from the sec realistically could go. If  Bama loses in the conference championship game there might be no sec team in. Hmmmm. Resulting to trashing mascots and screen names kinda tells me all I need to know. Next.

WPWells

Clemson will take home the natty this year

LRRandy

Quote from: Fred Bird on October 30, 2016, 03:21:52 pm
Clemson will take home the natty this year
they dodged a big bullet last night. That was a great game.

Valleysports

October 31, 2016, 10:23:16 am #134 Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 07:22:10 pm by Valleysports
LRYankee, do you know what this is?  j-------------- ;D, line, & sinker.   

LRRandy

First playoff rankings. Bama, Clemson, Xichigan, aTm

Only one team in  each of the first two seasons were in the final ranking and in the playoff. Chaos awaits.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: LRRandy on November 02, 2016, 12:20:49 am
First playoff rankings. Bama, Clemson, Xichigan, aTm

Only one team in  each of the first two seasons were in the final ranking and in the playoff. Chaos awaits.

Clemson and Alabama were both in the first playoff rankings last season, and then went on to the play in the National Championship Game.

LRRandy

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on November 02, 2016, 07:14:31 am
Clemson and Alabama were both in the first playoff rankings last season, and then went on to the play in the National Championship Game.
thats right. I was wrong. It was the first year of the playoffs. That's five of eight that didn't hold. I see two that won't. Certainly aTm will fall out in place of a unbeaten or one loss conference champ. Xichigan won't be there at the end either.

Longfellow

Quote from: LRRandy on November 02, 2016, 07:46:59 am
thats right. I was wrong. It was the first year of the playoffs. That's five of eight that didn't hold. I see two that won't. Certainly aTm will fall out in place of a unbeaten or one loss conference champ. Xichigan won't be there at the end either.
They will when they beat NOhio State and win the Big10 Title

LRRandy

Quote from: Longfellow on November 02, 2016, 08:16:39 am
They will when they beat NOhio State and win the Big10 Title
thsts where we disagree. I'll take the home team in The game.

LRRandy

November 05, 2016, 12:41:39 pm #140 Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 12:43:10 pm by LRRandy
Somebody needs to end aTm some oxygen. They can't breath.

mtindian42

Quote from: LRRandy on November 05, 2016, 12:41:39 pm
Somebody needs to end aTm some oxygen. They can't breath.
just seen them go under for good. They are done. Auburn looks like a team that should be taking serious tho.

LRRandy

Buh-bye Aggies. Auburn could beat Alabama.

VHSCoach2

The curse of the #17 lives on.  Through ten weeks in this college football season, a team ranked at #17 in one of the three major polls (AP, Coaches, College Football Playoff) has lost that weekend.

Week 1: #17 Southern California (Coaches) lost to #1 Alabama, 52-6
Week 2: #17 Oklahoma State (Coaches) lost to Central Michigan, 30-27
Week 3: #17 Ole Miss (Coaches) lost to #1 Alabama, 48-43
Week 4: #17 Arkansas (AP) lost to #10 Texas A&M, 45-24
Week 5: #17 Michigan State (AP) lost to Indiana, 24-21
Week 6: #17 North Carolina (AP) lost to #25 Virginia Tech, 34-3
Week 7: #17 Virginia Tech (AP) lost to Syracuse, 31-17
Week 8: #17 Arkansas (AP) lost to #21 Auburn, 56-3
Week 9: #17 Utah lost (AP) to #4 Washington, 31-24
Week 10: #17 Baylor (CFP) lost to TCU, 62-22

Another interesting tidbit: Western Michigan was the original (AP Poll) #17 team this week, but were moved to #23 by the College Football Playoff rankings. WMU ended up winning their game this week.

LRRandy

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on November 05, 2016, 07:48:25 pm
The curse of the #17 lives on.  Through ten weeks in this college football season, a team ranked at #17 in one of the three major polls (AP, Coaches, College Football Playoff) has lost that weekend.

Week 1: #17 Southern California (Coaches) lost to #1 Alabama, 52-6
Week 2: #17 Oklahoma State (Coaches) lost to Central Michigan, 30-27
Week 3: #17 Ole Miss (Coaches) lost to #1 Alabama, 48-43
Week 4: #17 Arkansas (AP) lost to #10 Texas A&M, 45-24
Week 5: #17 Michigan State (AP) lost to Indiana, 24-21
Week 6: #17 North Carolina (AP) lost to #25 Virginia Tech, 34-3
Week 7: #17 Virginia Tech (AP) lost to Syracuse, 31-17
Week 8: #17 Arkansas (AP) lost to #21 Auburn, 56-3
Week 9: #17 Utah lost (AP) to #4 Washington, 31-24
Week 10: #17 Baylor (CFP) lost to TCU, 62-22

Another interesting tidbit: Western Michigan was the original (AP Poll) #17 team this week, but were moved to #23 by the College Football Playoff rankings. WMU ended up winning their game this week.
nice post. Interesting.

Valleysports

Quote from: LRRandy on November 05, 2016, 02:38:55 pm
Buh-bye Aggies. Auburn could beat Alabama.

Mississippi State could beat Ohio State!

LRRandy

Quote from: Valleysports on November 06, 2016, 07:28:14 am
Mississippi State could beat Ohio State!
at one point I thought your posts showed some grasp of football concepts and you seemed to have an understanding of the college football landscape. This post without a doubt shows that you have no clue.

AirWarren

I saw Damarea Crockett, former lrca RB, take a run to the house against South Carolina. He plays for Missouri.

VHSCoach2

Bowl-eligible Teams Through Week 10:

AAC: Temple (7-3), South Florida (7-2), Tulsa (7-2), Navy (6-2), Houston (7-2), Memphis (6-3)

ACC: Clemson (9-0), Louisville (8-1), Wake Forest (6-3), Florida State (6-3), North Carolina (7-2), Virginia Tech (7-2)

Big 12: Oklahoma (7-2), Oklahoma State (7-2), West Virginia (7-1), Baylor (6-2)

Big Ten: Michigan (9-0), Ohio State (8-1), Penn State (7-2), Minnesota (7-2), Wisconsin (7-2), Nebraska (7-2)

CUSA: Western Kentucky (7-3), Old Dominion (6-3), Middle Tennessee (6-3), Louisiana Tech (7-3)

Independents: None

MAC: Ohio (7-3), Western Michigan (9-0), Toledo (7-2)

MWC: Wyoming (7-2), Boise State (8-1), New Mexico (6-3), Air Force (6-3), San Diego State (8-1)

Pac-12: Washington (9-0), Washington State (7-2), Stanford (6-3), Colorado (7-2), Southern California (6-3), Utah (7-2)

SEC: Florida (6-2), Tennessee (6-3), Alabama (9-0), Auburn (7-2), Texas A&M (7-2), Arkansas (6-3)

Sun Belt: Appalachian State (7-2), Troy (7-1)

So a total of 48 so far. 78 teams are needed for bowl games.

On the other side, here are the teams who are eliminated from bowl eligibility:
Connecticut, Virginia, Iowa State, Kansas, Michigan State, Rutgers, Florida International, Marshall, Florida Atlantic, Rice, Massachusetts, Buffalo, Bowling Green, San Jose State, Fresno State, Oregon State, Arizona, Missouri, Georgia State. So 19 so far.

LRRandy

There will be 5-7 teams in bowls again this year. I chuckled seeing Sparty on the eliminated list.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas