• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St. Louis Cardinals

Started by WPWells, June 18, 2016, 07:17:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

I'm tired of Cubs fans on Twitter saying things to me about Oscar Tavares (among other topics) every time the Cardinals play and I tweet about it, so I'm going to open this thread for Cardinals talk. I hope this doesn't turn into a thread to talk about how great the Cubs are (if you want to do that, I hope you'll show some respect and open a new thread).

WPWells

The Cardinals are currently 35-32 after today's choke job. They are 11 games out of first place in the Central pending the Cubs game tonight. They are 0.5 behind Marlins for the second wild card and 1.5 behind the Mets for the first Wild Card

WPWells

Cardinals take a bad loss today, 5-4 to the Rangers, to fall to 35-33. They are now 12.0 out of first, 1.0 behind the Mets, and 0.5 behind the Marlins and Dodgers

Lionheart88

Still plenty of season.  They probably need to make a splash in the trade market at some point, but there's time.

WPWells

It feels like this team is just poised to turn the corner. We will very likely get a wild card, but I imagine (assuming we get the corner turned), and then earn ourselves a matchup with the Cubs. The talent is there.

WPWells

Cards take down the Scrubs 3-2!

WPWells

The Cardinals take down the Cubs again by a score of 4-3! The Cardinals are now 10.5 back in the division, 0.5 behind the Mets for the second wild card, and 1.5 behind the Dodgers for the first wild cars

WPWells

Cards win 7-2 to sweep the Cubs!!!!!!!

elvis26

;D way to go cards!!!!!!!!!!!

smallybells

Heck yeah, maybe the Redbird are finally coming to life this year.

WPWells

I hope so! I'll trade every single one of my teams being terrible just for the Cards to be good

Lionheart88

Head Lion

This thread died a painful death.

WPWells

Some of us didn't have time to update all the time. Get a life besides trolling Cards fans

Head Lion

Boy did I misjudge you, this is sports and supposed to be just all in fun. You can dish it out all day and double on Sunday, but don't take it near as well. Sorry to offend, all was in jest. Like I do with a hundred people face to face everyday good or bad. Take care.

Head Lion

WPWells

Head Lion

You better quit, you will hurt my feelings & I will start crying.

WPWells

September 23, 2016, 09:22:45 pm #18 Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 01:31:02 pm by Fred Bird
You sure talk a lot for a guy whose team has never done anything. You're like a little yippy dog who always barks and tries to look all big and bad but then cower away when presented with facts. The facts are that y'all haven't won a World Series in 108 years. Winning the division this year doesn't change that. Now run along and start a Cubs thread where you can revel in your inadequacy and repeated failures

HorseFeathers

I like the argument of using the past as to why fans can't throw jabs at each other about this years successes and failures..../sarcasm

Head Lion

Quote from: Fred Bird on September 23, 2016, 09:22:45 pm
You sure talk a lot for a guy whose team has never done anything. You're like a little yippy dog who always barks and tries to look all big and bad but then cower away when presented with facts. The facts are that y'all haven't won a World Series in 108 years. Winning the division this year doesn't change that. Now run along and start a Cubs thread where you can revel in your inadequacy and repeated failures
Grow up or as you tell everyone else on this board, leave.

WPWells

Head Lion

#notawinner 😂😂😂😂

Redwolves8526

Aren't the Cubs up by like 20 games now? I sure hope the Cards find a way in the NLDS. It will look a lot like last year

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Fred Bird on September 25, 2016, 09:17:21 am
Truth hurts

I would be a cardinal fan if cared about baseball....but talking trash while 20 games back and a game back in thebplayoffs makes as much sense as Paris talking trash to charleston

WPWells

Makes about as much sense as someone talking trash when their parents weren't born the last time the Cubs won

WPWells

Tough way to end the season, but we'll be back next year. Go Orioles and not Cubs!

Redwolves8526

Wow, the Cards didn't make the playoffs? Dang...

WPWells

It was a tough season, but I still thank God I'm not a Cubs fan

Redwolves8526

Thank God I am! Not getting to watch your team during the postseason has to suck. Go Cubs!

WPWells

If you're a Cubs fan then you have a lot of experience not watching your team in the postseason

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Fred Bird on October 04, 2016, 02:40:17 pm
If you're a Cubs fan then you have a lot of experience not watching your team in the postseason

Last year and this year have been great though! Will probably dominate the division for years to come too. Can't wait. This will probably be close to the norm for the Cards for the near future.

WPWells

If that speculation helps you sleep at night...

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Fred Bird on October 04, 2016, 10:25:06 pm
If that speculation helps you sleep at night...

Doesn't help me sleep, just assures I go to sleep happy

bdubyab60

The Cubs will find some way screw this up. Though their GM did bring a title Boston.

Never been a fan of the Cards or Cowboys. The Cards because that's all you can see in this area and the Cowboys mainly because of their fans. Everyone saying they are are going to the super bowl when they have beaten two teams who are going to finish with like 4 wins at best and lost to one team that they played with a winning record. This isn't the 90's, though my wife still thinks it is

WPWells

You just called out my two teams

bdubyab60

Hope you aren't a Irish or Longhorn fan. Those two teams when they played earlier this year, I wished they both could lose somehow. I actually find joy each time they lose lol

beach bum

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 06, 2016, 08:52:10 pm
Hope you aren't a Irish or Longhorn fan. Those two teams when they played earlier this year, I wished they both could lose somehow. I actually find joy each time they lose lol

Notre Dame is hands down the worst!!!!!!!!!!!

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on October 06, 2016, 08:56:42 pm
Notre Dame is hands down the worst!!!!!!!!!!!
We can agree on that. I only check to see if they lost on game day.

BannerMountainMan

Cardinals signed Dexter Fowler!!!

WPWells

I was so excited to see this move! Perfect!

Redwolves8526

Still a LONG ways away from the Cubs in the division.

WPWells

Redwolves8526

Quote from: WPWells on December 15, 2016, 11:12:00 am
Nah

Cubs have a better lineup, starting rotation, and bullpen by a long shot. Dexter Fowler is not shrinking that gap by much lol

WPWells

Joe Maddon:

"As Dexter Fowler goes, we go"

Cubs bullpen was the weak point of the team last year so I'm not sure where you're getting that. Cubs starters will regress to the mean this year while the Cardinals get Lynn back from TJ. You're feeling really groggy for someone who's won once in 108 years and had to tank to do it.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: WPWells on December 16, 2016, 10:14:22 am
Joe Maddon:

"As Dexter Fowler goes, we go"

Cubs bullpen was the weak point of the team last year so I'm not sure where you're getting that. Cubs starters will regress to the mean this year while the Cardinals get Lynn back from TJ. You're feeling really groggy for someone who's won once in 108 years and had to tank to do it.

The bullpen was the weak point of the team because the lineup and starting rotation were the best in the league lol. But with Strop, Rondon, and Davis in the back end, thats solid. The starting rotation's era will probably regress a little, yes. But we'll still have one of the better rotations in baseball and we'll most definitely improve on offense with Schwarber coming back and J Hey having a better year. Cards can't compete with that. 

WPWells

Again, big talk for a team who won the World Series for the first time in 108 years.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: WPWells on December 19, 2016, 09:10:43 am
Again, big talk for a team who won the World Series for the first time in 108 years.

I'm assuming history will be your go-to comeback for the next 5-10 years. I love it

WPWells

5-10 years? I would have thought you knew baseball better than that. The Cardinals just signed the richest tv deal in history. The Cubs have a very poor deal that runs for several more years. They have their whole core about to be in contract years, and they won't be able to get them for the rock bottom contracts they have now. Enjoy your little time at the top because you have AT MOST this year and one other.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: WPWells on December 19, 2016, 10:21:23 am
5-10 years? I would have thought you knew baseball better than that. The Cardinals just signed the richest tv deal in history. The Cubs have a very poor deal that runs for several more years. They have their whole core about to be in contract years, and they won't be able to get them for the rock bottom contracts they have now. Enjoy your little time at the top because you have AT MOST this year and one other.

Money will not be a problem when they sign the younger guys lol. We have so much depth we don't even know what to do with it now. Theo will have this team at the top for way more than 1 or 2 years. Lol I thought you knew baseball better than that.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas