• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas Tech @ Arkansas

Started by Pokey03, January 30, 2016, 03:21:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pokey03

bdubyab60

First time I've actually got to see them. Gotta start hitting some shots and find guys on defense.

Whitt needs to stay in the gym and work on that shot. That's ugly

bdubyab60

Goya hit the boards too. TT is athletic and getting to every rebound.

Nice run to get back in it though

Pokey03

Nice little roll here, Kingsley on bench with 2 PF

bdubyab60

Yeah he's having rough game. Hannah is a straight up ball player. Rebound a little better and we can get this one. Looks like it's gonna be a tight one. Need someone to help with scoring though

bdubyab60

Lionheart88

BrianfromCarlisle

Definitely Dillardesque. If either Bell or Kingsley gets going, the Hogs will run away with this

bdubyab60

Need to refocus. Getting sloppy here

BrianfromCarlisle

Jimmy Whitt has the UGLIEST shot since Nicky Davis

bdubyab60

3 straight and ones. Stay on the floor and play D

WPWells

Geez we could have made this into a run rule

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

WPWells

bdubyab60

Bell has been horrible this game. Some bad turnovers by him

BrianfromCarlisle

Agreed. Then missed a point blank layup

bdubyab60

BrianfromCarlisle

bdubyab60

Yeah hasn't had a good game either. But maybe ole mo has swapped to our side

WPWells

bdubyab60

Hannahs needs to hit a dagger

BrianfromCarlisle

Say what you want about Watkins. That dude plays defense!!!

bdubyab60

Hustles all the time. Big shot by Bell and Kingsley big down the stretch here.

Need to close it out.

BrianfromCarlisle

Watkins defines a basketball player to me. He knows what he does. He knows his role. He does it pretty well.

AirWarren

bdubyab60

Another good win.

Yeah they get sloppy sometimes. But the effort from this team is awesome.

AirWarren

We are so close to being a winning team.

bdubyab60

Main thing that hurts this team, besides rebounding, is they really try to force things sometimes and it leads to silly mistakes.

WPWells

Bell is honestly incredibly clutch

bdubyab60

Yeah who would have thought he'd knock down that shot the way the game was going for him.

Romeo

bdubyab60

Another good one brewing over in ESPN. LSU giving OU all they want

AirWarren

Romeo

Simmons is a great player and will be the number one pick in the draft, but he plays a bit passive at times. He's gotta learn to command the ball.

zebradynasty

Both Whitt and Watkins need to move into the practice facility! The work needed on their shooting is going to take hours per day. Each play defense fairly well but Arkansas can't go to the next level playing guards that can't shoot a lick!

bdubyab60

Agree zebra. I think Whitt can probably be a solid player. He's gonna have to put in the work. He's got the size and athletic ability, or at least it looks like it.

Buddy Hield from OU had the same issue so it can be done. I'm sure the staff knows it and should be working on it now.

bdubyab60

And another one between Kan and Ken. What a night of games

Romeo

I'll never understand these players that average 25-30 points a game in high school, then shoot like crap once they get to college. Whitt averaged 30.6 as a senior last year. I think someone else said it best, he's like a mixture of Bill Cartwright and Ronnie Brewer when shooting the ball.

bdubyab60

Think he was more of a slasher in highschool.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on January 30, 2016, 08:29:44 pm
I'll never understand these players that average 25-30 points a game in high school, then shoot like crap once they get to college. Whitt averaged 30.6 as a senior last year. I think someone else said it best, he's like a mixture of Bill Cartwright and Ronnie Brewer when shooting the ball.
I don't either. It is like they forget how to shoot the ball.

zebradynasty

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 30, 2016, 08:32:28 pm
Think he was more of a slasher in highschool.

Exactly! Not saying he wasn't a solid high school player but with that shooting motion not sure how he was a 4 star?

bdubyab60

I'm sure Whitt is pretty much a prototype for the up and down fast paced game. We really haven't got to see him do that yet. I know he's been getting minutes but not huge minutes. But this is a dimension he is going to have to add if he is to be the contributor to this team that many think he will be.

Just the way things worked out this year this was the first game I've watched. Never seen video or anything on him. Saw a couple posts on a few sites saying his shooting motion was unorthodox. But I was not expecting that at all.

ricepig

Whitt is a slasher, the height and athleticism of the bigger guys in the SEC have slowed him some. Think U.S. Reed, only taller. His outside shot will improve as well his total game.

bdubyab60

I have no doubt he will improve Rice.

bdubyab60

Rice after tonight I don't feel near as bad about blowing that 21 point lead. Kentucky choked one up with their 5 star recruits. Come Monday Duke and Kentucky may both be unranked. How crazy is that.

mack

Quote from: ricepig on January 31, 2016, 10:28:43 am
Whitt is a slasher, the height and athleticism of the bigger guys in the SEC have slowed him some. Think U.S. Reed, only taller. His outside shot will improve as well his total game.

I've seen footage of him and have a good friend who lives in Columbia and is familiar with him.  Slashing to the basket, he's an A player.  Three point shooting he's a D player.  Where he should shine according to my buddy, is the medium range 8-10 ft pull ups, the mid-range stuff.   That's what he thrived on in HS.   The closer to the basket he gets, his form is less important.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas