• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Richt out at UGA

Started by bdubyab60, November 29, 2015, 11:50:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

Schlabagh reporting Richt has been fired by UGA

Romeo

Georgia just gave Miami an early Christmas present.

ricepig

Quote from: Romeo on November 29, 2015, 11:59:43 am

I don't see Richt going to that cesspool, even as a former player.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on November 29, 2015, 12:17:44 pm
Quote from: Romeo on November 29, 2015, 11:59:43 am

I don't see Richt going to that cesspool, even as a former player.
I don't know Richt has the attitude to coach Miami...now South Carolina?

AirWarren

I would love richt at Miami.

WPWells

AirWarren

9-3 regular season and you fire the guy. I swear.

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on November 29, 2015, 12:46:44 pm
9-3 regular season and you fire the guy. I swear.

145-51, I believe in 15 years. As Chris Low of ESPN said, no one is going to stay in the SEC 15 years, these days.

Romeo

Nick Saban ruined it for every other coach in the SEC. If you're not winning consistently up to Alabama's level, you'll be shown the door. All Miami needs is the right coach to go back into national prominence. They haven't hired the right coach since Butch Davis. Richt would turn Miami back into a national power and the U part 3 will be made. You don't necessarily have to be a hip coach to win there. His values and discipline approach would do wonders there.

WPWells

Richt is too classy to coach at Miami

zebradynasty

Miami has cleaned it's act up considerably in the last 10 years. They've hired a couple of coaches that added to the integrity of the school just not the wins! Richt would do well in Miami I think he would have more success there than SC. On the other hand SC would be more patient.

AirWarren

Bring back the U! Hire Mark Richt!

bleudog

November 29, 2015, 03:37:05 pm #12 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 03:39:54 pm by bleudog
Playing career
1979–1982    Miami (FL)
Position(s)    Quarterback

Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1985–1988    Florida State (GA)
1989            East Carolina (OC)
1990–1993    Florida State (QB)
1994–2000    Florida State (OC/QB)
2001–2015    Georgia

"Richt is married to the former Katharyn Francis of Tallahassee, Florida. The couple have four children: Jonathan (born March 11, 1990), David (born December 1, 1994), and two children they adopted from Ukraine in 1999,[19] Zach (born May 15, 1996), and Anya (born February 13, 1997), who was born with a rare disorder known as proteus syndrome. Richt is a Christian.[20][21]

ESPN's College GameDay featured a documentary on October 25, 2008 titled "GameDay looks at the Richt family's adoption of a young boy and girl from Ukraine" detailing the Richts' personal story of the adoption of their two youngest children Zach and Anya. The Richts declined on several occasions to publicly share their adoption story before deciding to proceed with the hope that it would encourage other families to explore the rewards of adoption.[22]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Richt

beach bum

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13913245

This is an example of why I have always been a Richt fan... after the short ad its about a 1:40 clip after a close win where his kicker made a game winner after missing a crucial field goal earlier in the game. Georgia got rid of a good one. The best part is the 0:34 mark to about 1:05 in the video

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

He has been my favorite coach for a long time with Mike Gundy being a close 2nd.  Those are two great men that happen to coach football.  I won't argue that he has consistently lost big games and Georgia may need someone to get them over the top to win a national championship, but Richt has the program in a good place and has for a while.  I think his biggest downfall may have been his loyalty to his staff. I think he may have fired his DC before Grantham, but I'd be curious to know how many coaches (much less coordinators) he actually sent packing during his tenure.

The biggest argument I have for keeping him is the unknown. You know you've got a 10-win season with Richt as he has had 9 (possibly 10) in his 15 years while they had only 2 10-win seasons in the 17 years prior to his arrival.  This next hire may bring Georgia up to the level of Alabama, or down to the level of Tennessee (Fulmer had 8 in 17 years, they have had 0 since he was fired after 08 season).

Redwolves8526

Can't believe they let him go. Great man and great coach

bleudog

Lionheart88

Crazy.  Who do they think they're going to get that's better?  I'd have been overjoyed if we'd gotten him in '07 or '12.  Great coach, better man.

AirWarren

The U hit a home run with Mark richt in my opinion.

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on December 04, 2015, 01:00:17 pm
The U hit a home run with Mark richt in my opinion.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see if they support the team, now. They are scheduled to play in Jonesboro in 2017 I believe. Now, will they buy it out as some always thought?

AirWarren

The stadium issue is the biggest issue right now. 30 miles from campus. That would be like the hogs stadium being in moutainburg.

With that said. He knows the heart beat of the hurricane program. He was in it. I think his resume speaks for itself and he knows how to win. The recruiting grounds down there are like no other.

Romeo

The U will be back soon with Richt. Might take some time, but they'll be back to national prominence. Its all about making the right hire, which they haven't done since Butch Davis. I don't count Larry Coker because he was basically an extension of what Davis built.

Lions84

INK was not dry and the U hired him.

Legend

Lions84

9 win regular season and 10 with the Bowl win and UGA canned him.  This might be the most boneheaded move in College Football this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas