• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs. LSU

Started by WPWells, November 08, 2015, 05:32:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on November 11, 2015, 07:23:37 am
Quote from: Valleysports on November 11, 2015, 07:18:09 am
Ricepig, you've been hypersensitive lately - keep it up and I'll have my wife start posting!  :P

You mean she hasn't been?? You know I'm not going to let you make those backhanded compliments without responding. You ready for 10 days from now?

I'll be honest, you're giving me way more credit than I deserve.  LOL   No I didn't think the one comment through, that you thought was a dig.  Truly not backhanded compliments.  I had to go to the calendar, but I figured it out.   :)  Yep, everything sitting pretty.

Valleysports

November 11, 2015, 07:43:28 am #51 Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 09:47:12 am by Valleysports
Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 11, 2015, 07:32:09 am
There is a difference in BA in these last games compared to those games. I don't he lost us those games. In the earlier games despite his numbers he was not making the plays he is now. I've always thought BA was as mentally tough as anyone. No player has taken the open criticism he has and for him to be able to be doing what he's done here lately is a testament to his mental toughness.
People like me have been critical of him but have only wanted him to succeed. That's what I don't get. Is that some people really didn't want him to succeed and be benched.

What did you accomplish by ragging on him for the last couple of years, even if you did want him to succeed?  Is it possible that you got in the kids head by being so critical?  I don't know if your comments are the ones that actually hurt his confidence, but they certainly had no positive affect on Arkansas Football.  For the record I'm not in the BA is playing better camp, he's played great all year long.  Just missed some throws that could've bailed Arkansas out, now he's completed some to bail Arkansas out.

Legend

Like I said earlier he got that confidence back and the throws he missed earlier in the season hes making now. A caller on Bo show pointed out the smile On BA face after that crazy play and thats what its all about. Being happy and having fun out there.

Lions84

Collins and Walker will run for 150 -200 with 2 TD'sand BA and the WR and TE will catch 30 balls for 275-350 and 4-5 TD's

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: HF on November 11, 2015, 06:32:35 am
Quote from: Valleysports on November 10, 2015, 09:28:37 pm
Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2015, 11:38:48 am
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 10, 2015, 10:33:20 am
Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2015, 07:51:45 am
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 10, 2015, 07:35:51 am
Dang, if CBB could prepare a team like at the first of the season the way we are at the end of the season we would be in the picture every year. Last year the defense came alive and killed it...this year they are atrocious...last year the offense was struggling and this year they are playing very good...we are winning late in a different way this year...

And no, injuries are not an excuse...everybody has them...you play through them and that determines if you are a championship team or not...

May not be an excuse, but injuries factor into every teams successes and failures. I'd say the strategy to get the passing game to a different level effected some of the early season play. They knew it was necessary to improve it for SEC play, unfortunately, it probably cost us against Toledo and maybe Tech.
All I am saying is the good teams play through it...we cannot use that excuse against teams like TT and Toledo...heck we had the injuries against A&M also, should have won that one...Bama, yes I agree...

No doubt, we should have won Toledo and aTm, Tech seemed to have their game of the year against us.

It is interesting how y'all say you should've won certain games.  Why?  Cause y'all missed some scoring opportunities?  You mean like the other teams didn't?  Most of those teams missed multiple scoring opportunities. Ole Miss thinks they should've won the game last week, they'll feel they gave it away with the facemask for example.  And they did.  Anyhow Arkansas must be the most "should've won" team in the history of football.  It's football for goodness sakes, you either won or you didn't.....   ::)

Yep....I'm so tired of the fans that have used this week to say, yeah BA has been playing good lately but he still lost us 3 games....
I don't know if anybody is saying BA lost those three games, he certainly had his moments where if he stepped up and made throws we might have won. But heck, you could go back and pick out certain other plays throughout the game and say the same thing. I just don't like blaming the losses on injuries. Toledo had their best player out that game and I'm sure TT and A&M had injuries also. Fact is this, in reality Arkansas should be (Valley I know you love the Should factor...lol...)8-1, 7-2 at worst. We should not have lost the Toledo game, should not have lost the A&M game and the TT game we were certainly capable of winning. Bama, they are pretty dang good...

Legend

Question I have is how much has the blocking getting better contributed. Maybe thats allowed him to have more time to make those throws.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Valleysports on November 11, 2015, 07:43:28 am
Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 11, 2015, 07:32:09 am
There is a difference in BA in these last games compared to those games. I don't he lost us those games. In the earlier games despite his numbers he was not making the plays he is now. I've always thought BA was as mentally tough as anyone. No player has taken the open criticism he has and for him to be able to be doing what he's done here lately is a testament to his mental toughness.
People like me have been critical of him but have only wanted him to succeed. That's what I don't get. Is that some people really didn't want him to succeed and be benched.

What did you accomplish by ragging on him for the last couple of years, even if you did want him to succeed?  Is it possible that you got in the kids head by being so critical?  I don't know if your comments are the ones that actually hurt his confidence, but they certainly had no positive affect on Arkansas Football.  For the record I'm not in the BA is playing better camp, he's played great all year long.  Just missed some throws that could've bailed Arkansas out, now he's completed some to bail Arkansas out.
I have been critical of his play but I have never said he was horrible or things like that. I know BA is doing his best. Its mainly been this year, he is a senior and we need him to make plays. It may be just me but I woul drather him get intercepted with time running out than hitting the goal post or throwing the ball 5 yards short. he didnt just miss them they werent close. Now for whatever reason, luck, confidence hes making those throws that we need him to.

Whether you have a game managing QB or a super star sooner or later you need your QB to make a play and not be afraid to fail. Give someone a chance to make a play. Thats what BA is doing now.

But Ive never been one to say hes crap and we need to see another QB. Hes earned his position even before this stretch of amazing play that hes had. Numbers are just that, numbers. Being the freaking man is another thing entirely and thats basically what he has done.

Legend

I wish this game was at Fayetteville!

Valleysports

Arkansas routinely matches up against LSU well.  And LSU is coming off a let down battle, physically and mentally, against Bama.  However, Bama's Front 7 is on a different level than any other team, certainly Arkansas.  They are the reason Bama beat LSU (LSU's OL /#7).  Fournette is going to be just as good as he was two weeks ago, when he was leading the Heisman Chase.  It comes down to Arkansas passing VS LSU pass defense.

Legend

If they lost against any other team I would say watch out Arkansas but they got beat up by Bama and they might still be sore from that beat down. Arkansas wins by 1

Valleysports

You think Arkansas & Clemson would be a tight game?  I figure LSU would beat Clemson by 2 TD's.

Legend

No Arkasnas couldnt hang with Clemson this year. You would need more than a 4th and 25 prayer to beat Clemson... On to LSU. Our Defense stopped ND and FSU. I think we could handle the one headed monster of LSU. Everyone needed a hero and jumped on Fournette, Cook got his yards in the 1st qt and we shut him down. We would create too much pressure on Harris and would beat LSU by 7.

Valleysports

Nah I'm not buying all that Outside SEC propaganda.  There's a good chance we might end up with another lack luster Championship Game.  Hate to see that!  ::)

Legend

If Clemson makes it i assure you it wont be lack luster!

Lions84

I expect the Hogs to WIN !

VHSCoach2

Arkansas held Fournette to 9 yards rushing last season. Granted, he wasn't the Tigers' feature back last year, was he?  I can't recall...

Regardless, if the Hogs can hold Fournette and LSU's rushing attack, I truly think they can leave Baton Rouge with a W and become bowl eligible.

I also believe if the Hogs get past LSU with a W, wins over Mississippi State and Missouri will follow, and an 8-4 regular season will surely look nice after the way the season started.

Legend

That would be a huge success if they could get to 8-4.

AirWarren

I think we can win out. Gotta tackle and score tmrw.

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on November 13, 2015, 02:10:54 pm
I think we can win out. Gotta tackle and score tmrw.

Going to be real tough, hopefully they help us out some and we continue to play mistake free.

bdubyab60

I think all three games are winnable. Need to find enough stops defensively and get a few more yards on the ground to help keep the D on the sideline a little longer. MSU worries me more than either LSU or Mizzou.

Legend

I think if tomorrows game went into OT half the fans would have a heart attack.

AirWarren

We have a better chance of stopping 7 than lsu going air raid on us.

Legend

If Arkansas can stop them early we have a chance. If they let him run wild in the 1st half they will be in trouble.

AirWarren

WPWells

Don't want to jinx things, but this could turn ugly if LSU can't find some offense.

VHSCoach2

First thing my wife said to me after we went up 14-0:

"Remember what happened the last time Arkansas was up 14-0 on LSU?"

:-\

pioneers

Arkansas came to play so far. If they keep this up it will be a good outcome.

BrianfromCarlisle

Dre Greenlaw is in running for SEC Freshman defensive player of year

BrianfromCarlisle

VHSCoach2

Wish the defense was a good against the pass as it is against the run.

AirWarren

Yup. We are going to have to score on every drive. I'm disappointed we didn't kick a FG.

bdubyab60

Defense has played pretty good except for the drive right before halftime. Never been a fan of keeping things in front. They did get a little lucky with the TD but I don't think we can complain about that much.

Need to come out and shut them down on this opening possession then put some more points up

bdubyab60

Do we have any more running backs?

AirWarren

bdubyab60

Just wondering cause Collins is sticking in there but looks like a back issue. Hopefully he and walker can finish this thing out.

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

Dagger right there. What a play

BrianfromCarlisle

Arkansas has played like a top 10 team since Auburn. I do t think they lose again. Where will 8-4 get them bowl wise? 

AirWarren

I think we win out.
#7 was irrelevant tonight. Collins was relevant.

bdubyab60

Who would have thought the way we started we would be second in the west. Don't wanna celebrate to early though

VHSCoach2

If Auburn beats Alabama (not very likely, I know), and we beat Mississippi State and Missouri, we'd share the SEC West title with Alabama.

However, they'd go to Atlanta based on the win over us.

BrianfromCarlisle

This all bodes well for next year for sure. I still think Collins comes back. Mainly because I want Ricepig to owe me 2 pounds of Craig's BBQ!!!  Lol

bdubyab60

I still think he could use another year. Defensively we should be better next year. Offensively we are gonna have to fill some holes

BrianfromCarlisle

Hatcher is coming back. Morgan, Sprinkle, Reed. Reed may be a Belitnikoff award candidate. Cornelius. Offense is loaded. I think they are primed for next season. Barring the injury bug of course

WPWells

I hope Skipper and Kirkland come back as well. I could also see AC coming back

WPWells

Romeo

Trust the process...
First year 3-9
Second year 7-6
Third year ???

BrianfromCarlisle

That was a HUGE recruiting win

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on November 14, 2015, 09:48:46 pm
Trust the process...
First year 3-9
Second year 7-6
Third year ???

9 wins. Calling it.

beach bum

November 14, 2015, 09:58:51 pm #99 Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:02:36 pm by beach bum
Louisiana Stink University  ;D .... I hope they get icing on the cake and drop one of their last two games to Ole Pee or A&M.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas