• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015-2016 NBA Season

Started by beach bum, October 27, 2015, 01:42:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

San Antonio wins the title.

Longfellow

So the supposed greatest team of all time has fallen 3-1 to the Thunder. After last night, am I still the only one who thinks that Westbrook is better than Steph Curry?

DerekOxford

Quote from: Longfellow on May 25, 2016, 10:19:29 am
So the supposed greatest team of all time has fallen 3-1 to the Thunder. After last night, am I still the only one who thinks that Westbrook is better than Steph Curry?

Curry was first unanimous league MVP in history. He's playing hurt right now. Not injured, but he's clearly not 100 percent. Westbrook is no doubt a top five player in the league, but he's not necessarily better than Steph.

BigMan15

Curry is still the best player!!! Westbrook for sure gets actor of the year though!

zsparker93

I would say Westbrook has been the better OVERALL player all along. Curry's a better shooter but if his shot isn't falling he can't affect a defense the way Westbrook does. Not a knock on Curry, he's still one of the best players in the game, but I think Westbrook is the best overall point guard in the game.

Here's a comparison of their stats from the last 2 seasons.

Curry 2015: 23.8 points, 7.7 assists, 4.3 rebounds, 2 steals
Westbrook 2015: 28.1 points, 8.6 assists, 7.3 rebounds, 2 steals
Curry 2016: 30.1 points, 6.7 assists, 5.4 rebounds, 2.1 steals
Westbrook 2016: 23.5 points, 10.4 assists, 7.8 rebounds, 2 steals
Westbrook: 29 triple doubles and 85 double doubles in 147 games
Curry: 2 triple doubles and 38 double doubles in 159 games

It's about more than just scoring and as far as overall point guard, I'll take Westbrook over Curry. Also screaming "I'm back" against Portland and the stare down at Ibaka in game 2 took away any chance for Curry to claim injury in this series. He's just getting outplayed.

Longfellow

Steve Kerr has said multiple times that Curry is not injured. One thing the analysts have keyed on is that Curry just looks dead tired chasing Westbrook around on defense then trying to be a great offensive player. That could contribute to his poor play

WPWells

mtindian42

Quote from: mtindian42 on April 07, 2016, 09:34:15 am
If Irving and love bye in and just play there roles... It's a wrap!  I belive they will that's why I'm picking Cleveland.
hey...my pick is in!

WPWells

I'm about to head to OKC! Got tickets to game 6! Thunder up!

Longfellow

Not an OKC fan by any means, but I hope Westbrook and Durant eat the Warriors alive tonight. I have never hated a team this much. They can end this talk of "greatest team of all time" tonight

mtindian42

Lol crickets in okc. 😂😂😂

WPWells

Quote from: Longfellow on May 28, 2016, 02:02:34 pm
Not an OKC fan by any means, but I hope Westbrook and Durant eat the Warriors alive tonight. I have never hated a team this much. They can end this talk of "greatest team of all time" tonight

Rough night

Longfellow

Westbrook has 3 turnovers in the last :55 seconds. Durant took a lot of bad shots last night. They beat themselves. As Stephen A. Smith put it, "choke job" of the highest order

WPWells

Quote from: Longfellow on May 29, 2016, 11:20:37 am
Westbrook has 3 turnovers in the last :55 seconds. Durant took a lot of bad shots last night. They beat themselves. As Stephen A. Smith put it, "choke job" of the highest order

I guess you didn't see Klay and Curry singlehandedly pull the Ws back into the game? It was one really good team beating another really good team

Also, Stephen A. Smith chokes on his own vomit every time he opens his mouth because he's literally that repulsed by the sound of his own voice. He doesn't have any room to talk about anyone else choking

AirWarren

I hate both teams.

But I find it funny to see OKC go home :)

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Fred Bird on May 28, 2016, 01:12:49 pm
I'm about to head to OKC! Got tickets to game 6! Thunder up!

So...... Have you always been an OKC fan or??

Proud Buckaroo

We all knew it was going to be Golden State/Cavs in the finals.. Before Game 7 even was anywhere near being played NBA was selling tickets for a Golden State/Cavs final..

mtindian42

So the nba is rigged? This is a debate we Been having at work all morning...

Valleysports

LaBron is Cleveland's only returning starter from last years Final's.  Hope he can at least get  them back to Game 6 again, with these replacements.

DerekOxford

Quote from: Valleysports on May 31, 2016, 01:57:41 pm
LaBron is Cleveland's only returning starter from last years Final's.  Hope he can at least get  them back to Game 6 again, with these replacements.

Not true. Tristan Thompson started last year and will this year.

WPWells

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 31, 2016, 05:53:41 am
So...... Have you always been an OKC fan or??

I mean since they moved to OKC, yeah

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: mtindian42 on May 31, 2016, 09:22:45 am

Nah, I don't think it is.  The NBA powers that be can't control the ball and the basket.  In game 6 Klay Thompson looked like he was in a video game with the sliders turned all the way up.  He was NBA Jam level on fire.  And it wasn't like his 28-footers weren't contested.

Longfellow

Predictions?
Game 1 - Warriors 118-104 (Klay leads in scoring)
Game 2 - Cavaliers 109-106 (Kyrie shows out at home)
Game 3 - Warriors 101-94 (Bad day Klay, Steph shows out)
Game 4 - Cavaliers 99-91 (Lebron does Lebron stuff)
Game 5 - Cavaliers 110-101
Game 6 - Warriors 121-108 (Lebron for 40, Kyrie blows it)
Game 7 - Cavaliers 110-106 (Lebron for 35pts, 15reb, 8ast)

It's hard to pick against the home team in a game 7, but I feel like the Cavs are gonna handle it.

WPWells

beach bum

BigLion10

AirWarren

I have zero against curry. But I wish someone would slap that mouthpiece off his face when he has it out and is playing with it so everyone can see.

Longfellow

I feel the same way about that. Having had braces my entire high school football career, I always had expensive custom mouthpieces and it apalls me to see him chew on his

AirWarren

I really enjoyed seeing curry have a meltdown. It was hilarious.

beach bum

Unless the Warriors coming out sinking three's I see the Cavs taking it.... If it goes more of a grind it out game I expect Lebron to get it done. Again, you never know when the Warriors are going to come out sinking everything and then there is nothing that can be done about that. We will see.

DerekOxford

Warriors are in trouble without Bogut inside and if Iguodala can't go.

Even though Bogut doesn't do a lot of scoring, he's that rim protector they don't have and without him in the lineup, LeBron is bigger than anyone that starts for Golden State.

beach bum

Quote from: DerekOxford on June 17, 2016, 02:44:25 pm
Warriors are in trouble without Bogut inside and if Iguodala can't go.

Even though Bogut doesn't do a lot of scoring, he's that rim protector they don't have and without him in the lineup, LeBron is bigger than anyone that starts for Golden State.

That is exactly what I was thinking. All the Warriors fans are being babies saying the refs were bad, but when you miss that rim protector it will make someone not as good of a defender real quick and make you commit fouls you usually would not.

AirWarren

He brought it home. Way to go cavs.

mtindian42

Quote from: mtindian42 on April 07, 2016, 09:34:15 am
If Irving and love bye in and just play there roles... It's a wrap!  I belive they will that's why I'm picking Cleveland...
nailed it!!!

Lionheart88

Quote from: mtindian42 on May 31, 2016, 09:22:45 am
I'm starting to think it is.  Green gets nothing for kicking Adams in the junk, when a suspension would've doomed GSW.  That sets up the rematch that "everybody" wanted.  The Green gets suspended for having the temerity to try to get up while Lebron was walking over him, which hands a must-win game at GS to Cleveland.  Then in game 6, Curry gets ejected for the first time in his career, which helps Cleveland win another game they have to have...call it the stars aligning or luck or whatever if you want to, but something smells fishy to me.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I'm sure some series are extended. But the game as a whole is a lot different in the season where the Splash Bros aren't fighting through screens or having to run around a lot more to get open. Plus, they had to exert lots more energy playing defense. The Warriors legs were dead and when you don't have legs, you're not going to hit those long range 3's you hit all season when you were getting open looks from season type defense. Play gets tighter in the playoffs. I'm happy old fashioned bball won over just shoot style. Congrats to the Cavs!

Romeo

I've always had my suspicions even as a kid watching Jordan and the Bulls get the calls from the refs. If you watch game 6 of the 2002 WCF, its hard to believe that game wasn't fixed. The Lakers got 27 free throws in the 4th quarter and Kings got 9. The NBA Draft Lottery is probably the most rigged operation in sports.

BigLion10

No doubt about the draft kinda fishy the sixers always end up with number 1

WPWells

Quote from: Romeo on June 20, 2016, 08:55:22 am
I've always had my suspicions even as a kid watching Jordan and the Bulls get the calls from the refs. If you watch game 6 of the 2002 WCF, its hard to believe that game wasn't fixed. The Lakers got 27 free throws in the 4th quarter and Kings got 9. The NBA Draft Lottery is probably the most rigged operation in sports.

Frozen envelope

beach bum

Quote from: BigLion10 on June 20, 2016, 09:14:51 am
No doubt about the draft kinda fishy the sixers always end up with number 1

They always stink too haha..

BigLion10

Looks like Durant is headed to golden state

WPWells

HorseFeathers

Lionheart88

I guess it makes sense to take the easy way out.  Makes the league even less competitive though.  Now there's at best two West teams with a chance at the conference title and only three with a real shot at the NBA championship.  Boring.

WPWells

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 04, 2016, 04:21:09 pm
for bettering his chances at winning a title?

He took the coward's way out

Longfellow

The only reason I dislike this move is that he was with a team that could've won a title with. Him, Westbrook, Oladipo, Adams would've been a pretty tough lineup regardless of who was at the 4. Never been a Durant fan and I can't stand Curry, so I hope they crash and burn

LRRandy

Quote from: Fred Bird on July 04, 2016, 04:56:39 pm
thats how I look at it as well.

beach bum

July 05, 2016, 09:17:00 am #147 Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 09:19:53 am by beach bum
What I honestly believed happened was that he and Westbrook had a conversation as friends where Westbrook told Durant he was leaving OKC following the 2016-2017 season. I think Westbrook was just looking out for Durant and told him to leave while the "gettin was good"....... We have to remember that Westbrook was not ever as loyal to OKC as Durant. That does not make Westbrook a bad guy. We have to remember that Westbrook grew up in Los Angeles and probably never felt right living in OKC. We all knew this was an "all or nothing package" with these two the whole time. This may be thinking way too much into it, but this is what I felt happened. Now, I think OKC will trade Westbrook. I have heard rumors that Boston wants to trade for Westbrook and they have all the options to give OKC some bulding blocks for the future. I think that deal gets done before the season. I finally get some wifi for a long time and see some wild signings. This new cap must be making normal players smile!

Longfellow

Boston, Orlando, LA, Utah, and Denver all seem to be teams who would work well on the floor with Westbrook and have the right mix of veterans and young talent to facilitate a deal. I'd like to see him in Denver's offense in place of Mudiay, alongside a healthy Gallinari, and Jamal Murray. Plus all those young bigs that Denver has

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Fred Bird on July 04, 2016, 04:56:39 pm

smh....the years of players staying with one franchise have come to an end...Chase the money and rings, it's basically what the common man does in their career path isn't it?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas