• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU is Worried

Started by bleudog, September 22, 2015, 12:17:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

hitemgogetem

Admittingly , I know we're talking LSU here..........but that is some kind of arrogant to think they won't have enough beer for you in upstate New York??!!

Lions84

Geaux Tigers and Beat the Q's

Legend

Lions84

bleudog

November 16, 2015, 03:44:46 pm #5 Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 03:46:17 pm by bleudog
After last weekend and the one before, I don't think there's enough beer in Red Stick to help them stop crying. :-)

Legend

How much of it do you think the O line tireed of hearing about Fournette?

Lions84

Quote from: Legend on November 16, 2015, 04:07:02 pm
How much of it do you think the O line tireed of hearing about Fournette?

How Tired is Fournette of his O line????

Legend

Who will be their next coach?

bdubyab60

pioneers

The boosters are set on jimbo fisher. I think it's stupid miles is on the chopping block.

bdubyab60

FSU is just as good a job as LSU. Think they are counting to much on old connections there. Jimbo had been waiting on Bowden to retire and not like they can't pay LSU money and have the same kind of recruiting success there. Along with it being slightly easier dodging Bama each year.

I could happen but don't see it.

pioneers

To me for Lsu to pay a 15 mil buyout they will have to have another coach already for the job. They won't for les and pay him 15 mil and not have a guy that's already accepted the job.

bdubyab60

Jimbo is who they are saying they want

pioneers

I will root for wherever les goes. If he does get fired I wouldn't mind seeing him go to South Carolina.

Romeo

I think Nick Saban's success at Alabama has ruined it for other coaches in the SEC. Those days of coaches like Vince Dooley and Frank Broyles spending 25 years at a school are over. These days, you have to win ten or more games every year or win a national championship once every five years to keep fans and boosters happy.

bdubyab60

Seems like it but Les has plenty of talent to be doing bigger things. Savannah has hurt him by beating him every year.

pioneers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 28, 2015, 05:53:16 pm
Seems like it but Les has plenty of talent to be doing bigger things. Savannah has hurt him by beating him every year.
Please go look at his record at Lsu. He has done plenty, just a tough university to work for when they expect national championships every 3 or 4 years and conference championships almost every year. 10+ wins in 4 of the last six years. If he would win this game and the bowl game that would be 9 wins and if you take In considerations of the Nichols state game getting cancelled then they would have 10 this year.

7 out of 11 seasons 10+ wins.

pioneers

Per joe alleva in post game conference. "Les is our coach and will continue to be our coach"

bdubyab60

Quote from: pioneers on November 28, 2015, 06:18:25 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 28, 2015, 05:53:16 pm
Please go look at his record at Lsu. He has done plenty, just a tough university to work for when they expect national championships every 3 or 4 years and conference championships almost every year. 10+ wins in 4 of the last six years. If he would win this game and the bowl game that would be 9 wins and if you take In considerations of the Nichols state game getting cancelled then they would have 10 this year.

7 out of 11 seasons 10+ wins.
That was supposed to be Bama in my statement. Yes he's won a lot of games. 5 straight to Bama now. LSU owes Les an apology for the way this was handled. He has the #1 recruiting class coming in. In two years if they can't be back in Atlanta there will be calls for him to go again. Not saying it's fair or its right but it will probably happen.

Expect changes on his staff. Just saying he tends to lose one or two big games a year and that's what folks are hollering about.

pioneers

Can Cameron contract is up expect a change there. I agree with you on the big wins the years past every time they lose to Alabama its kind of a snow ball effect.

bdubyab60

I don't think they were gong to be able to get who they thought they were going to be able to get. Why else would you send your coach out each day with no backup.

I think they contacted Fisher and he told them no. Then it's if we fire Les we might lose some of this recruiting class. So we will let him keep his job but he's gotta make some changes.

What LSU needs is a quarterback and their offensive line to step up.

pioneers

The o line the last 3-4 games has started 3 true freshman 1 redshirt freshman and 1 senior I believe they are extremely young. If les wants to stay at Lsu he has to make some adjustments in the offense like Saban has done.

Pat Swilling

at least LSU made things right.  Georgia will regret their decision. 

hitemgogetem

Just ask Tennessee how they feel about running Fulmer (9 or 10 wins every year) out of town......and all the success they've had since.......

bdubyab60

Quote from: Pat Swilling on November 30, 2015, 09:34:02 am
at least LSU made things right.  Georgia will regret their decision.
Im not sure they have. The AD could have said that earlier in the week and saved a lot of trouble.

This says somethng about Les Miles though. This dude is loyal to his school. Seriously loyal. Turns down Michigan and despite all last week with the talk going and no backup from the AD or anyone he still went out and took it head on. Earned a lot of respect for Les last week.

Valleysports

Good post bduby.  I've never understood why Hog Fans hate on him, other than being a rival coach and missing a few play calls now & then.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on December 01, 2015, 06:31:33 am
Good post bduby.  I've never understood why Hog Fans hate on him, other than being a rival coach and missing a few play calls now & then.

Hogs fans don't hate on Les, we were his biggest backers, we always know we have a chance against LSU as long as he is there. Our biggest concern was they'd hire someone who values developing a QB.

pioneers

Quote from: ricepig on December 01, 2015, 06:49:21 am

Hogs fans don't hate on Les, we were his biggest backers, we always know we have a chance against LSU as long as he is there. Our biggest concern was they'd hire someone who values developing a QB.
They will this offseason. Cam Cameron is gone as oc and they will hire a new guy. Part of the deal with les coming back is that change to the offense is necessary

Redwolves8526

I wonder who they will go after as OC. One wouldn't think they would change their scheme up too much from what it is now. 

ricepig

Quote from: pioneers on December 01, 2015, 08:17:41 am
Quote from: ricepig on December 01, 2015, 06:49:21 am

They will this offseason. Cam Cameron is gone as oc and they will hire a new guy. Part of the deal with les coming back is that change to the offense is necessary

You do realize that Cam has only been there 3 seasons, and Les 11? You might check out there QB history, it's Les. He's like Bielema and Saban,  he's going to be more run oriented, that won't change. Now, will they start looking at different QB options, perhaps.

pioneers

Saban brought in lane kiffin changed the offense up (new oc). Unfortunately Harris is the best qb option at this point. May be coincidence but look at BA this year compared to years past is that because enos is new oc or because he is a senior or a little bit of both. The qb's at Lsu have the potential to be good but the coaches aren't developing them as they should. That's why I say they bring in a new oc to help develop the qb's. Cameron's contract is up and I don't see them renewing it after this year. Lsu is very talented in the Skills positions but can't utilize them because they can't get them the ball. I know it's not all on Cameron but I think les realizes now that either 1 or 2 things will happen either you change on offense or you change jobs and I don't think he wants the 2nd to happen.

bdubyab60

Fact is you need more than game managers at QB. Bama despite having Kiffin is still a run team, its just they are able to throw it now. LSU despite its receivers has no consistent passing game. I do think though like Enos says balnce is being able to do whatever you need to do in a particular game

ricepig

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 01, 2015, 10:18:46 am
Fact is you need more than game managers at QB. Bama despite having Kiffin is still a run team, its just they are able to throw it now. LSU despite its receivers has no consistent passing game. I do think though like Enos says balnce is being able to do whatever you need to do in a particular game

So, there current QB is a big improvement over the last 2-3? Nah, Saban isn't throwing it that much more, he's just running more shotgun and pistol. I believe Henry had 40 carries last game? Look up his numbers against, us, MSU, Georgia, and tell me they are a spread team, lol. LSU has no talent at QB, they have option type QBs and have, outside of the transfer in Mettenburger. I guess Russell was a pocket passer, but he wasn't consistent.

bdubyab60

Quote from: ricepig on December 01, 2015, 11:02:57 am

So, there current QB is a big improvement over the last 2-3? Nah, Saban isn't throwing it that much more, he's just running more shotgun and pistol. I believe Henry had 40 carries last game? Look up his numbers against, us, MSU, Georgia, and tell me they are a spread team, lol. LSU has no talent at QB, they have option type QBs and have, outside of the transfer in Mettenburger. I guess Russell was a pocket passer, but he wasn't consistent.
Coker makes plays though. But Bama is still a running team no doubt. I think you can actually see Saban look at Kiffin sometimes and read his lips asking what the crap are you doing. Kiffin has changed it just enough to open things up. I think sims was only good because of cooper for Bama.

ricepig

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 01, 2015, 12:56:26 pm

Coker makes plays though. But Bama is still a running team no doubt. I think you can actually see Saban look at Kiffin sometimes and read his lips asking what the crap are you doing. Kiffin has changed it just enough to open things up. I think sims was only good because of cooper for Bama.

Oh, I agree there no comparison between LSU and Bama or us this year. Hopefully it is more Enos and not all BA on our good offensive production. One thing to note so far, Bama hasn't won a NC with Kiffen there, will they this year?

bdubyab60

Quote from: ricepig on December 01, 2015, 09:00:49 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 01, 2015, 12:56:26 pm

Oh, I agree there no comparison between LSU and Bama or us this year. Hopefully it is more Enos and not all BA on our good offensive production. One thing to note so far, Bama hasn't won a NC with Kiffen there, will they this year?
Yeah I hope when we plug in the departing seniors/draftees there isn't o much drop off. Turned in to a decent year despite how it started. Would hate to take a step back next year. With AC probably leaving and JW going we need to land a stud RB. Surely one of the QB's we have can step in and be productive.

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas