• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

So now Sunderland's best player Larsson is sent off, and with it comes a three-match ban.

And Mkhitaryan starts off the second half for Utd with a goal.

The Championship beckons for the Black Cats.

VHSCoach2

As we enter the final month of the season, here are the current relegations and promotions:

Relegation from Premier League to Championship:
Swansea City - 28 points, 2 back of 17th-place Hull City
Middlesbrough - 24 points
Sunderland - 20 points

Promotion to Premier League from Championship
Brighton & Hove Albion
Newcastle United
Huddersfield Town/Reading/Leeds United/Sheffield Wednesday currently in playoff spots

Relegation from Championship to League One:
Blackburn Rovers - 40 points, 4 back of 21st-place Bristol City
Wigan Athletic - 37 points
Rotherham United - 17 points

Promotion from League One to Championship:
Sheffield United
Bolton Wanderers
Fleetwood Town/Bradford City/Scunthorpe United/Millwall currently in playoff spots

Relegation from League One to League Two:
Port Vale - 45 points, 1 back of 18th-place Bury, 19th-place Shrewsbury Town, and 20th-place Gillingham
Swindon Town - 43 points
Chesterfield - 37 points
Coventry City - 35 points

Promotion from League Two to League One:
Doncaster Rovers
Plymouth Argyle
Portsmouth
Luton Town/Stevenage/Exeter City/Carlisle United currently in playoff spots

Releagtion from League Two to National League:
Newport County - 39 points, 3 back of 22nd-place Hartlepool United
Leyton Orient - 32 points

Promotion from National League to League Two:
Lincoln City
Tranmere Rovers/Forest Green Rovers/Dagenham & Redbridge/Aldershot Town currently in playoff spots

VHSCoach2

Everton lights up Leicester in 31 seconds.

Leicester comes right back in the 4th minute.

1-1

1-Adam-12

And Leicester now leads! 3 goals in less than 10 minutes.  Anyone for 10-10?

Longfellow

I like that Newcastle is getting promoted. They were the first EPL team I knew because of the movie Goal: the Dream Begins

1-Adam-12

1-Adam-12

VHSCoach2

Everton 4-2 Leicester City

The Foxes' incredible rebound comes to an end in the win column, but at least they know they will still be a Premier League club next season.

US Women's National Team kicks off against Russia at 1 on ESPN.

beach bum

Everton sure can look good when they are clicking.... Especially at Goodison.

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on April 09, 2017, 10:21:49 am
I like that Newcastle is getting promoted. They were the first EPL team I knew because of the movie Goal: the Dream Begins

Newcastle fans will love that they are taking Sunderland's place.... There are some fierce rivalries in the EPL, but man do those clubs supporters not like each other. Newcastle not too long ago were even battling up there near Champions League spots. With the right investment I could see them on the up swing in the future again.

AirWarren

1-Adam-12

Quote from: beach bum on April 09, 2017, 03:07:54 pm
Newcastle fans will love that they are taking Sunderland's place.... There are some fierce rivalries in the EPL, but man do those clubs supporters not like each other. Newcastle not too long ago were even battling up there near Champions League spots. With the right investment I could see them on the up swing in the future again.

Newcastle has proven talent with Jonjo Shelvey, Mohamed Diame, Jack Colback, Matt Ritchie and others.  And USA fans can welcome DeAndre Yedlin back to the PL if the Magpies choose to keep him.

VHSCoach2

It's official:

The United States, Canada, and Mexico have announced their joint-bid for the 2026 World Cup.  The proposal calls for 60 matches to take place in the U.S., with 10 each happening in Canada and Mexico.

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on April 10, 2017, 01:30:44 pm
It's official:

The United States, Canada, and Mexico have announced their joint-bid for the 2026 World Cup.  The proposal calls for 60 matches to take place in the U.S., with 10 each happening in Canada and Mexico.

I can live with that. I thought at first we would only get 40% of the matches. But I will take 75%

VHSCoach2

Quote from: beach bum on April 10, 2017, 01:48:35 pm
I can live with that. I thought at first we would only get 40% of the matches. But I will take 75%

As much as I'd love for it to happen, I don't see Arkansas getting a match.  Razorback Stadium could host, but I'm about 99.9% sure we will have to travel to Texas, Tennessee, or maybe Missouri to see a match. 

If by some off chance U of A hosted one, I wouldn't care which two countries were playing.  I'd go.

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on April 10, 2017, 01:55:48 pm
As much as I'd love for it to happen, I don't see Arkansas getting a match.  Razorback Stadium could host, but I'm about 99.9% sure we will have to travel to Texas, Tennessee, or maybe Missouri to see a match. 

If by some off chance U of A hosted one, I wouldn't care which two countries were playing.  I'd go.

Kansas City, Nashville, and Dallas will all surely be on there I would hope. I always like a summer weekend getaway to Dallas so catching a World Cup game in the process would be awesome.

beach bum

Crystal Palace have opened up a 1-0 lead in the early parts of the match over Arsenal.... Zaha for Crystal Palace has been pretty dang good this year.

Longfellow

beach bum

beach bum

Juventus and Barcelona are about to kick off in Turin in the Champions League.... Then Dortmund and Monaco in Dortmund. I will take both home teams 2-1 today.

VHSCoach2

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on April 11, 2017, 12:59:54 pm
I beg to differ...

:(

I am not really a Palace fan, but their fixtures were definitely the hardest from everyone bunched from 15th-18th place and they needed that bad. They have been on fire for a little over a month now. I am sure they will stay now, plus I want Fulham to get 6th in the Championship and win the one playoff spot along with Brighton and Newcastle with the auto bids. That would give London 6 teams plus Watford on the fringe of London. That would be a London heavy league.

beach bum

The Dortmund team bus was attacked on the way to the stadium... One player was taken to the hospital. This could be just some rogue hooligans or something bigger. We will see as more info comes out.

beach bum

If this 3-0 score line holds with Juventus destroying Barcelona then we will not be seeing a 2nd leg come back like the round of 16..... Juventus is not PSG. They have not given up a goal in over 400 minutes and have the best defense in the world right now. PSG had plenty of offense, but their defense has always held them back. Bye bye Barcelona.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on April 11, 2017, 01:13:52 pm
The Dortmund team bus was attacked on the way to the stadium... One player was taken to the hospital. This could be just some rogue hooligans or something bigger. We will see as more info comes out.

Sad.

1-Adam-12

Leicester loses to Atleti on a bogus penalty.  It was a foul, but not in the box.  But it was only 1-0 so the Foxes are still in with a chance.

AirWarren

Spurs nipping at our ankles man. Geez.

On a local note. Our very own football club in Little Rock, Little Rock Rangers, win their opening game last night.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: AirWarren on April 15, 2017, 08:53:29 am
Spurs nipping at our ankles man. Geez.

On a local note. Our very own football club in Little Rock, Little Rock Rangers, win their opening game last night.

As much as this pains me to say as an Arsenal fan, I hope they completely bite your ankles off.  :)

VHSCoach2

Zlatan is on the bench for Man U's match against Chelsea today.  Apparently he is "very tired."

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

John Terry has announced that he will leave Chelsea at the end of the season.

Longfellow

Surely he'll retire, right? He's just one of those guys you can't imagine with another team. Tom Brady, Ray Lewis, Kobe; it would just feel wrong to see him in a different uniform

VHSCoach2

Looks like I'm going to have to find a new League Two team to root for next season, because Plymouth Argyle has earned promotion to League One!

Also, Brighton & Hove Albion have secured promotion to the Premier League for the first time ever.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Longfellow on April 17, 2017, 11:55:36 am
Surely he'll retire, right? He's just one of those guys you can't imagine with another team. Tom Brady, Ray Lewis, Kobe; it would just feel wrong to see him in a different uniform

Who knows?  He may go the route others have taken and venture into MLS for a season.

AirWarren

Captain John Terry. We will miss you.

Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't end up in the MLS.

1-Adam-12

Forgive me for celebrating about a Level 7 team, but Havant & Waterlooville beat Bognor Regis 1-0 to take the lead with one match to play in the Isthmian League. 

I have been following this team since 2008; they are in my bottom sig line.  All the Hawks have to do is match Bognor's result on Saturday and they win the league and promotion.

And congratulations to Brighton on their promotion.  This is a well put together team and will be a hard nut to crack for any Premier League team.

1-Adam-12

Leicester manage a 1-1 draw with Atleti at home, but it's not enough.  Still a good CL showing by the Foxes, who outlasted all other English sides.

Real Madrid and Bayern Munich are headed to extra time.

1-Adam-12

I love great stories in any sport and one I have followed since 2013 is the saga of Welsh team Barry Town United. 

Toward the end of the 2012/13 season they were withdrawn from the Welsh league system by an eccentric owner and had to win a court battle with the FA of Wales simply to exist as a League team.  Even so, they had to start at the bottom of the Welsh league system.

The team ousted their owner and became a fan-run side, much like AFC Wimbledon in the English leagues. They won their league in 13-14 and 14-15,and narrowly missed last year. 

On Tuesday, Barry Town won promotion to the Welsh Premier League.  Not bad for a side which if the Welsh FA had their way back in '13, would be playing at a very low level.

VHSCoach2

What a sequence for the Swans!  Up 1-0 over Stoke, foul in the box.  Stoke soars the penalty over the net.  The Swans power up field and find a second goal one minute later.

Surely three very valuable points heading to the Swans now.

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

1-Adam-12

My little club are promoted as CHAMPIONS! 

The results went their way, and Havant & Waterlooville are back up to Level 6!

:)

1-Adam-12

As far as relegation goes, Bournemouth are probably safe now, and Hull City are looking better.

But Middlesbrough look like a team waiting for the blindfold and last cigarette.  They were completely listless against Bournemouth.

Sad to say, my Everton were the same way against West Ham.  Luckily the Hammers weren't any better.

Longfellow

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on April 22, 2017, 04:28:54 pm
As far as relegation goes, Bournemouth are probably safe now, and Hull City are looking better.

But Middlesbrough look like a team waiting for the blindfold and last cigarette.  They were completely listless against Bournemouth.

Sad to say, my Everton were the same way against West Ham.  Luckily the Hammers weren't any better.
I lol'd at blindfold and last cigarette. That match was brutal. I couldn't watch anymore after 3-0. Glad Bournemouth is outside the relegation zone though. Wouldn't want to see them move down in my first season cheering for them

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

Quote from: AirWarren on April 23, 2017, 10:19:46 pm
May 27th.

Arsenal vs Chelsea

FA cup final

Just go ahead and give us the trophy now. You guys can have that little Premier League title...because who wants that, right?...Right?...  :(

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on April 24, 2017, 09:10:09 am
Just go ahead and give us the trophy now. You guys can have that little Premier League title...because who wants that, right?...Right?...  :(

Oh no. We will happily take both haha.

When Chelsea subbed in Hazard, Costa, and Fabregas, it completely changed the entire game.

AirWarren

1-Adam-12

Chelsea 4-2 Southampton, a comprehensive win, though tough at times. 

Over in the Bundesliga, history made as RB Leipzig, in their first year in the top flight, have clinched a Champions League spot for next season.  They are the first Bundesliga side to do this in their first season since the German reunification.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas