• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on January 08, 2018, 02:57:51 pm
I thought it was a Nottingham Forest thing, but it was just a social media campaign to get his wife to buy him a dog. I guess she said he had to have a hat trick

Apparently he got that puppy after all and named it Gunner in honor of his match against Arsenal.

Longfellow

I read this morning that there is a possibility of Pulisic getting a deal in the range of £100 million

1-Adam-12

AFC Bournemouth for the win over Arsenal, and coming from behind at that!  Well done Cherries!

Longfellow

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on January 14, 2018, 09:25:58 am
AFC Bournemouth for the win over Arsenal, and coming from behind at that!  Well done Cherries!
My first full season as a Cherries fan has not been an easy one. But today was a good day. Seems like we're getting closer to the end of Wenger at Arsenal

AirWarren

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on January 14, 2018, 09:40:48 am
My first full season as a Cherries fan has not been an easy one. But today was a good day. Seems like we're getting closer to the end of Wenger at Arsenal

Huge 3 points for Bournemouth today...

beach bum

Manchester City drop 3 points for the first time and Liverpool fans shouting "Coutinho Who?" in the process. When they are clicking that high press is fun to watch. 4-2 was a great match to watch.

AirWarren

Chelsea up 2-0 at half over Brighton.

4-0

50 points and in third. Man city with 62.

Go ahead and crown them.....

beach bum

James McCarthy of Everton suffered a nasty leg fracture sliding to make a tackle when Salomon Rondon went to shoot for West Brom in their match today. I have seen guys get hurt on some dirty tackles, but this was just a freak thing that I am sure no one has ever seen before. Rondon did not see him from behind as he want to shoot on a counter and you could tell Rondon felt horrible. You feel bad for both guys cause McCarthy will be out a while and Rondon just looked demoralized.

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

beach bum

Man City and Arsenal for the League Cup now.... That was a great match between Chelsea and Arsenal. Those two must be getting sick of each other. That was the 8th meeting in 11 months between them.

1-Adam-12

In this FA Cup tie I'm watching, hard to tell which is the Premier League side.  Wigan (League 1) have dominated West Ham.

beach bum

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on January 27, 2018, 09:36:05 am
In this FA Cup tie I'm watching, hard to tell which is the Premier League side.  Wigan (League 1) have dominated West Ham.

Wigan seems to love them some FA Cup...

AirWarren

Longfellow

Quote from: AirWarren on January 31, 2018, 11:52:19 am
https://www.bing-amp.com/c/www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/42890254

Olivier Giroud is Now a part of Chelsea FC.
I also just read that Bayern is looking to make a deal for Pulisic. This is shaping up to be a crazy week

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on January 31, 2018, 11:52:19 am
https://www.bing-amp.com/c/www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/42890254

Olivier Giroud is Now a part of Chelsea FC.

Chelsea has as much depth as anyone now.... If they could bang in some more goals here or there they would be solidly in 2nd cause Chelsea plays so much better defensively than Arsenal, Liverpool, and Tottenham.

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on January 31, 2018, 12:28:38 pm
I also just read that Bayern is looking to make a deal for Pulisic. This is shaping up to be a crazy week

I really selfishly would love to see him in the Premier League.... Dortmund is selling players left and right cause they have that new manager now and he plays a little different than the one before. Pulisic's German is so good I am sure he wouldn't mind staying in the Bundesliga. I think he will spend his whole career in Germany or England. If he doesn't leave today by the end of this January transfer window I think we will see him go from Dortmund in the summer for sure with them in that new direction.

beach bum

Pierre Emerick Aubameyang is out from Dortmund and on his way to Arsenal for the equal of 80 million USD.... The Gunners will probably go full forward in the Europa League with this move cause they are only making the Champions League if they win the Europa League cause they are not getting top 4. I hope they do win the Europa League cause I have enjoyed the 5 Premier League teams in the Champions League this year.

AirWarren

Michy Batshuayi also was placed on loan to Dortmund. Not sure I am happy about this one as well. We are creating some depth, but man...outside of Hazard not much striker potential until Giroud is in the rotation.

Still hacked about Diego. That guy was a game changer.

AirWarren

Barkley, Giroud, and Emerson Palmeri so far for the Blues.

Palmeri is a Brazillian national who was signed from Roma.

Line up for tonight's matchup with Bournemouth:
Courtois
Azpilicueta
Christensen
Cahill
Zappacosta
Kante
Bakayoko
Alonso
Barkley
Hazard
Pedro

beach bum

What a crazy start.... Tottenham scores 12 seconds into the match against Manchester United on a Christian Eriksen goal.

AirWarren

Longfellow

beach bum

What in the world is going on in the Premier League lately.... Bournemouth thrashing Chelsea right now? Swansea City beating Liverpool and Arsenal in back to back matches from the bottom of the table to move them up some spots. These bottom table teams are playing like they are starving for points and its showing. And Spurs wiping the floor with Man U right now. That high press has Man U all out of sorts.

beach bum

Bournemouth and Crystal Palace keep showing why they are the smaller clubs I always root for to stay up. They always go for it in attack. If they lose you know its not because they weren't trying their hardest to get goals. Unlike clubs like West Brom & Southampton which I question sometimes if they are even trying cause they just park the bus. Crystal Palace and Bournemouth go for it and even in defeats they do.

AirWarren

AirWarren

1-Adam-12

The way Everton are playing, they fully deserve to be behind Burnley and Bournemouth.

Still, let Big Sam get them through to survival then look for a long term managerial fix.

beach bum

Arsenal is so much like Liverpool... When they click they are so good and an appealing brand of soccer to watch like against Everton today. Then they'll follow it up with a loss to a bottom table squad.

beach bum

Liverpool got robbed of a win yesterday against Tottenham.... Mo Salah with a moment of brilliance slicing through 4 or 5 guys in the box to score to put Liverpool up 2-1 in stoppage time. Then comes a phantom flop by Lamela and the assistant referee calls a foul and Harry Kane ties it with a PK in the last seconds.

AirWarren

beach bum

That was such a strange match... Chelsea equalize just shy of the 80th minute to get it level at 1-1..... Then Watford go bonkers with 3 goals in about a 5 minute span. It's starting to get a little funky the play of Liverpool, Tottenham, and Chelsea.

1-Adam-12

Sorry wrong thread. Nm.  Too many late basketball nights...

beach bum

Took a glance at the table with 12 matches left for all the squads and it amazes me that only 3 points separates 12th place West Ham and 19th place Huddersfield....

12.West Ham- 27 points
13.Brighton- 27
14.Crystal Palace 27
15.Southampton-26
16.Newcastle-25
17.Swansea-24
18.Stoke City- 24
19.Huddersfield- 24
20.West Brom- 20

***At this point West Brom is going to have to pull an old Sunderland style escape of the past. They may be able to get up but I doubt it. Outside of them the 12th through 19th spots are so congested who knows what will happen. Our counterparts of only stereotypical American sports will never know the joy of promotion and relegation and the dog fights it brings to even the bottom of a league. Bournemouth, Everton, and Watford come in 9th through 11th right now and should be safe unless the collapse and let the wheels completely fall off the wagon.

AirWarren

AirWarren

beach bum

West Brom ship half way in the water right now.... Going to go down to the very end between Tottenham, Chelsea, and Liverpool for Champions League spots for next year. One will miss out unless Man U just completely falls off the map. Always a great squad in the EPL that will not make the Champions League.

beach bum

Tottenham travels to Turin, Italy today to take on Juventus. Even with Dybala out with injury for Juventus I think that Spurs will struggle on the road today. We will see though.

beach bum

And nearly as fast as I can speak Higuan gets 2 goals for Juventus just 8 minutes into the match.... Tottenham playing catch up now. 2-0 Juventus early....

Longfellow

Quote from: beach bum on February 13, 2018, 11:56:18 am
Tottenham travels to Turin, Italy today to take on Juventus. Even with Dybala out with injury for Juventus I think that Spurs will struggle on the road today. We will see though.
Good call

beach bum

Ended up a wild 2-2 draw.... Tottenham dominated the 2nd half and Higuan is probably kicking himself missing that PK at the end of the 1st half because now Tottenham can advance even without a win at home as long as they can muck up even a 0-0 or 1-1 draw

Man City absolutely throttled Basel in Switzerland

Paris Saint Germain vs Real Madrid tomorrow is a monster matchup

beach bum

Well Liverpool can play their 2nd team in the 2nd leg and still advance as they won 5-0 away to Porto today

Real Madrid wins 3-1 over PSG in Madrid. I can see the next one at home coming down to the very end with PSG fairing better in Paris. Not a good thing to spot Real Madrid 2 goals even with the next match for PSG at home though. It may be too late for them now.

AirWarren

Longfellow

AirWarren

Quote from: Longfellow on February 19, 2018, 03:49:46 pm
Wigan. What in the world just happened?

FA cup is so fun.

Pep melted down toward Wigan coach.

Sergio punched a fan and went at a ref.

Stay classy Arab oil money U.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on February 19, 2018, 04:08:36 pm
FA cup is so fun.

Pep melted down toward Wigan coach.

Sergio punched a fan and went at a ref.

Stay classy Arab oil money U.

Just had a conversation yesterday how unlike me and you, most people in the States don't even have a clue those people in the United Arab Emirates and Qatar have too much money its unreal and the power the possess. They're even controlling much of the television in the States now and Europe.

beach bum

Chelsea's depth has benefited them through out the FA Cup ..... Really you have to say they have to be favored to win it at this point. Them and Tottenham would be the best final as far as intensity and the stars both teams can offer. Wouldn't mind seeing Wigan win another one or two and get to the finals though.

1-Adam-12

Wigan Athletic just has Manchester City's number when it comes to the FA Cup.

2013 Final, Wigan 1-0 City
2014 Quarterfinals, City 1-2 Wigan
2018 5th Round, Wigan 1-0 City

I don't think anyone else can say they've beaten City three straight times.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on February 19, 2018, 04:21:00 pm
Just had a conversation yesterday how unlike me and you, most people in the States don't even have a clue those people in the United Arab Emirates and Qatar have too much money its unreal and the power the possess. They're even controlling much of the television in the States now and Europe.

It's ridiculous how much money those oil Arabs have over there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas