• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

EPL fires off again next weekend.

Arsenal is taking on Chelsea today in a FA community shield match today.

I'm still adjusting to Chelsea changing their jersey sponsors to Yokahoma tyres from their long standing sponsor, Samsung.

WPWells

Can we make this a thread for all European soccer? I've grown disenchanted with how Liverpool is managing their team, so I've thrown my lot in with Juventus

beach bum

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on August 02, 2015, 09:12:58 am
Can we make this a thread for all European soccer? I've grown disenchanted with how Liverpool is managing their team, so I've thrown my lot in with Juventus

I feel the same about Liverpool... thats my team. I did see where Fox Sports 1 is covering a German game on Sundays as well now!

AirWarren

AirWarren

I'm kind of a EPL snob. I can't really get into the European clubs that much.

Lionheart88

Wayne Rooney back in Everton blue today for Duncan Ferguson's testimonial match.  Looks good, oughta find a way to make it stick. :)

BigLion10

WPWells

AirWarren

beach bum

Obviously we all root for the Star And Stripes... I can't get enough of it. We really need to get back on track. But I was thinking are their any other nations you find yourself rooting for? I am really on the Wales bandwagon with Gareth Bale. They are in the easiest UEFA World Cup qualifying group and ranked #10 in FIFA and the team on the biggest upswing so they should be going to Russia in 2018 pretty solidly. I will be following them until Russia.

beach bum

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on August 02, 2015, 09:20:22 am
I think I fixed it for you.

Come cheer for Chelsea. Forget Liverpool :)

I am making the switch from one red to the other in Man U.... that's bad of me.

WPWells

Quote from: beach bum on August 04, 2015, 05:23:08 pm
Obviously we all root for the Star And Stripes... I can't get enough of it. We really need to get back on track. But I was thinking are their any other nations you find yourself rooting for? I am really on the Wales bandwagon with Gareth Bale. They are in the easiest UEFA World Cup qualifying group and ranked #10 in FIFA and the team on the biggest upswing so they should be going to Russia in 2018 pretty solidly. I will be following them until Russia.
I like Bosnia and Herzegovina

Lionheart88

Israel, because I feel terrible for them.  In 1974 the Asian Football Confederation (which Israel was a founding member of) voted 17-13 to ban them from all competitions after both Kuwait and North Korea refused to play games against them in the 1974 Asian Games (other Arab nations had followed Kuwait's lead in refusing to play them between the tournament and vote).  So for a while they competed in the Oceanian Confederation (which includes the likes of New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, New Caledonia, Palau, Samoa...), before joining UEFA in 1994 (full membership, they'd already competed in some UEFA competitions before that).  So one of the best teams on the Asian continent (they'd be third in the FIFA rankings, behind only Iran and Japan), which would almost certainly qualify for World Cups through the AFC , plays world cup qualifiers in UEFA, where 30(!) of 54 teams are ahead of them in the FIFA rankings.  Complete and total injustice.  I'd love to see them qualify for and win the 2022 World Cup just because of how nuts it would drive the Arab world.

beach bum

Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 04, 2015, 07:28:50 pm
Israel, because I feel terrible for them.  In 1974 the Asian Football Confederation (which Israel was a founding member of) voted 17-13 to ban them from all competitions after both Kuwait and North Korea refused to play games against them in the 1974 Asian Games (other Arab nations had followed Kuwait's lead in refusing to play them between the tournament and vote).  So for a while they competed in the Oceanian Confederation (which includes the likes of New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, New Caledonia, Palau, Samoa...), before joining UEFA in 1994 (full membership, they'd already competed in some UEFA competitions before that).  So one of the best teams on the Asian continent (they'd be third in the FIFA rankings, behind only Iran and Japan), which would almost certainly qualify for World Cups through the AFC , plays world cup qualifiers in UEFA, where 30(!) of 54 teams are ahead of them in the FIFA rankings.  Complete and total injustice.  I'd love to see them qualify for and win the 2022 World Cup just because of how nuts it would drive the Arab world.

I have always thought that was sad that religion ruins it for them because they belong playing in Asia..... and send Turkey there while they are at it. The Europeans don't like them anyway lol.

Lionheart88

There are a lot of teams in UEFA that probably belong in the AFC, honestly; Ukraine, Russia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Georgia...

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on August 04, 2015, 05:24:37 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on August 02, 2015, 09:20:22 am
I think I fixed it for you.

Come cheer for Chelsea. Forget Liverpool :)

I am making the switch from one red to the other in Man U.... that's bad of me.

Man U. Good gravy batman...

Lionheart88

In case any of you never saw this when it came out, I'll just drop it here.  All the differences between Man U and Man City fans: http://youtu.be/0H5ifFcCMDM

VHSCoach2

Premier League Scores for today, 8/8/15:

Manchester United 1
Tottenham Hotspur 0
FT

AFC Bournemouth 0
Aston Villa 1
FT

Everton 2
Watford 2
FT

Leicester City 4
Sunderland 2
FT

Norwich City 1
Crystal Palace 3
FT

Chelsea 2
Swansea City 2
FT

1-Adam-12

Bournemouth has to learn to take their chances at this level.  They had two on the plate and fluffed their lines. I like Villa signing Gestede away from Blackburn. Big-time threat in the air.

Everton their typical slow start with a draw at home to a newly promoted team.

Bet the bookies made a lot of money on who scored the first goal of the season with it being an own goal. (no pun intended)

AirWarren

Been up early for the start of the EPL. EPL, college, and high school football. Nothing better.

Jose got an extension I see. :D

AirWarren

AirWarren

Lionheart88

Typical slow start by the Blues of Merseyside.  ho-hum.  Perhaps they can make another move or two by deadline day and pick up the pace.

VHSCoach2

If the season ended now, Leicester City would be the Champions.  ;)

Only joking of course. Glad EPL is back!

AirWarren

1-Adam-12

VHSCoach2

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on August 08, 2015, 06:41:18 pm
Sunderland is patently awful. Can they be relegated like right now?

Recently, they've consistently been cellar dwellers all season and then somehow find a way to avoid relegation. It's a bit annoying, really.

AirWarren

Sunderland has those painful "where's Waldo" uniforms. That's dreadful enough.

1-Adam-12

beach bum

What a terrible first match for Arsenal... especially at home.

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

Premier League scores for today, 8/9/15:

Arsenal 0
West Ham United 2
FT

Newcastle United 2
Southampton 2
FT

Stoke City 0
Liverpool 1
FT

VHSCoach2

Manchester United won and Arsenal lost...

Can't think of a worse way to start off the opening weekend  :-[

beach bum

Barcelona held on to beat Sevilla 5-4.... what a match. The fans in Tbilisi, Georgia were great. A country like that doesn't get to watch 2 teams like that very often.

beach bum

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

Barclay's Premier League, Week 2:

8/14/14:

Aston Villa 0-1 Manchester United, FT

8/15/15:

Southampton 0-3 Everton, FT
Sunderland 1-3 Norwich City, FT
Swansea City 2-0 Newcastle United, FT
Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 Stoke City, FT
Watford 0-0 West Bromwich Albion, FT
West Ham United 1-2 Leicester City, FT

8/16/15:

Crystal Palace 1-2 Arsenal, FT
Manchester City 3-0 Chelsea, FT

8/17/15:
Liverpool 1-0 AFC Bournemouth, FT

1-Adam-12

THAT is the Everton I like to see!  Big Rom controlled the game.

Leicester continue to surprise. Away win at West Ham. Top of the league!

In other news, Sunderland will play in the Championship starting next week. At least they should. Absolutely terrible.

AirWarren

LC. WOW. Is this a prelude to a cup title? Doubtful but the LC fans are probably pumped.

I'm ready for the Chelsea/city match tmrw.

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

US Women's National Team faces Costa Rica tomorrow, 12:30 PM on Fox Sports 1.  8)

Lionheart88

Quote from: AirWarren on August 15, 2015, 11:51:23 am
Everton's new uniforms. Not a fan.
I liked them even before today.  But they're clearly lucky aid must be retained.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on August 15, 2015, 11:51:23 am
Everton's new uniforms. Not a fan.

I hated them as well.... you going to be able to watch Man City and Chelsea?..... same time as church. Chelsea doesn't need to drop this. I am saying 1-1 as my guess for a final. Its quite a big game for so early in the season.

beach bum

Tottenham straight up blew it against Stoke City.... and Everton was on fire.

1-Adam-12

Quote from: AirWarren on August 15, 2015, 11:42:05 am
LC. WOW. Is this a prelude to a cup title? Doubtful but the LC fans are probably pumped.

I'm ready for the Chelsea/city match tmrw.

This LC thing could go on for a while too.  Their next 4:  Spurs, @ Bournemouth, Aston Villa, @ Stoke.  I'd say a pretty good chance to get at least 7 points from those if they continue to play well. 

Even after they play Arsenal in Week 7 the Foxes don't take on one of the really big clubs after that till Man Utd comes calling in Week 14.  They could pack away a lot of points.

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

1-Adam-12

Liverpool 1-0 AFC Bournemouth, FT yesterday.

As much as I would like to see them stay up, and I hope I'm wrong, Bournemouth will probably be one of the three relegated teams at the end.  Sunderland is likely another.  Jury is out on the third one, though I have not been impressed at all with West Brom.

VHSCoach2

USWNT plays Costa Rica again tomorrow evening. I'm guessing it'll be another 8-0 beat down.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas