• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Godzilla 2014

Started by phdefense, May 17, 2014, 11:09:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

phdefense

Watched it tonight. Critics will most likely down the movie for having mediocre acting, dialogue and plot and they would be correct in doing so. I however left this movie fulfilled because it was everything I wanted and hoped it would be. This is a perfect adaptation of the Godzilla from my childhood with the benefit of modern special effects. Which is why subpar acting, dialogue and plot is just exactly what the movie needed. You see Godzilla is not supposed to be about the people. It is supposed to be about the skyscraper tall mutated dinosaur that shoots beams from it's mouth.

Godzilla is an analogue for what we sometimes must face in the world. There will be times when we have to choose between the lesser of two "evils". Things might get destroyed collateral damage is a given, but if Godzilla were not there things would be much worse.

Uncle Ivan

Mediocre acting..........

...........with Bryan Cranston in it.

bdubyab60

I saw it last night loved it. I know people are going to knock it for not having enough of the big fella in it but almost Godzilla movies have a human element. Go back and watch any if them and somewhere there are some people that have to go find this artifact or push some button.
I thought the plot came off fine and instead of Godzilla coming off as an enemy the humans pick to kind side with Godzilla. He ends up being somewhat of a hero. If course there were casualties along the way. I mean when 3 monsters are fighting in a city and 2 of them are over 300 feet tall , things are gonna get smashed.
There also complaints about Godzilla being fat. I wouldn't say he's fat just freaking huge, designed similar to older movies. He's a lot more mobile with CGI than a man in a suit and way better than that 98 movie version. I tell you in the final fight when his tail started to light up and I new what was coming it didn't let me down. It was kind of like a cross between dragon fire and repulser blast from iron man. Then the finisher on the main baddy awesome.

This one and captain America this year are my 2 favorites so far. X-men next week, got a trailer for a movie called LUCY, looks interesting especially with Johansson in it.

AirWarren

Quote from: phdefense on May 17, 2014, 11:09:08 pm
Watched it tonight. Critics will most likely down the movie for having mediocre acting, dialogue and plot and they would be correct in doing so. I however left this movie fulfilled because it was everything I wanted and hoped it would be. This is a perfect adaptation of the Godzilla from my childhood with the benefit of modern special effects. Which is why subpar acting, dialogue and plot is just exactly what the movie needed. You see Godzilla is not supposed to be about the people. It is supposed to be about the skyscraper tall mutated dinosaur that shoots beams from it's mouth.

Godzilla is an analogue for what we sometimes must face in the world. There will be times when we have to choose between the lesser of two "evils". Things might get destroyed collateral damage is a given, but if Godzilla were not there things would be much worse.

Awesome movie.

When his tail started lighting up and then his spine....you knew it was on! I loved the movie and as a huge Godzilla fan as a kid and as an adult, I was very pleased. Going to see it again.

bdubyab60

Quote from: AirWarren on May 18, 2014, 03:25:15 pm
Quote from: phdefense on May 17, 2014, 11:09:08 pm

Awesome movie.

When his tail started lighting up and then his spine....you knew it was on! I loved the movie and as a huge Godzilla fan as a kid and as an adult, I was very pleased. Going to see it again.

bdubyab60

I hope they make a few more and are able to get some of the more classic monsters in them.

AirWarren

I do too. Did anyone notice the name of Ford's bug in his terrarium when they went back to the quarantine zone? When they went into his room he had tape on the terrarium with "mothra" written on it. Thought that was cool.

bdubyab60

Missed that. But the creatures he fought in this one were very cool looking. By what Ive read though the reason there wasnt a classic enemy wasnt in this one was because of liscensing. thye only gave them permission to use Godzilla for htis movie. Not sure how true that is.

AirWarren

Yes. Toho only would license Godzilla. Nothing else. I have heard that a sequel is already in the making. Not sure what toho has planned for it but I have heard they are going to give access to some of the other "classic" Godzilla adversaries.

bdubyab60

Theres quite a few they can pick from and have a little more monsters in the next.

AirWarren

With the technology today, a mechagodzilla would be really cool.

phdefense

May 19, 2014, 11:30:24 pm #11 Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 11:31:52 am by phdefense
Quote from: AirWarren on May 19, 2014, 05:30:26 pm
With the technology today, a mechagodzilla would be really cool.
If they are going to do a sequel it needs to be Godzilla vs King Ghidorah

phdefense

phdefense

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas