• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A&M's Perfect Storm

Started by Valleysports, May 11, 2014, 12:02:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cuckoobird

Quote from: ricepig on June 03, 2014, 02:12:51 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on June 03, 2014, 02:02:56 pm
If we go by history then arkansas will never be sec champs

Boy, you must have taken a smart pill to figure that one out.
yep, But it only lasts four hours

ricepig

June 03, 2014, 05:18:31 pm #101 Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 05:20:55 pm by ricepig
Your prize defense just lost two players Valley, kicked off the team. Freshman LB and DT.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/texas-a-m-dismisses-defensive-starters-darian-claiborne-and-isaiah-golden-215504290.html

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: ricepig on June 03, 2014, 06:27:24 pm

Yep, one year at JUCO, then off to Aubbie.

With a large cash payment or two involved, as is Auburn policy.

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on June 03, 2014, 05:18:31 pm
Your prize defense just lost two players Valley, kicked off the team. Freshman LB and DT

My defense? lol ok dubby........  those two players were to be a big part of their future, from what I've read.  That means their top 5 class, last yr, is more like top 10.  It'll take a couple yrs anyway.  A&M also lost a top running back commit a few weeks back.  More of a running game type, Arkansas type.  There is a shop, below where I'm at IAH United Club - Aggie hats 2 for $20. Need me to get you one?

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on June 04, 2014, 06:35:13 am
Quote from: ricepig on June 03, 2014, 05:18:31 pm
Your prize defense just lost two players Valley, kicked off the team. Freshman LB and DT

My defense? lol ok dubby........  those two players were to be a big part of their future, from what I've read.  That means their top 5 class, last yr, is more like top 10.  It'll take a couple yrs anyway.  A&M also lost a top running back commit a few weeks back.  More of a running game type, Arkansas type.  There is a shop, below where I'm at IAH United Club - Aggie hats 2 for $20. Need me to get you one?

No thanks on the hats, I've got plenty of tp. I thought you were the resident Aggie fan the way you post on every recruit and tidbit, just thought I'd help you with one.

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on June 04, 2014, 06:41:33 am
No thanks on the hats, I've got plenty of tp. I thought you were the resident Aggie fan the way you post on every recruit and tidbit, just thought I'd help you with one.

I know - Hog Fans don't realize there is a whole nother world out there, where football fans can observe and say positive things about different teams without being some kind of traitor. lol  I need to learn more about Auburn - I like that Malzahn Coach - he's going to win wherever he goes.  I guess the closest connection to a DI team, I have, would be Baylor.  Uncles, Aunt's, Cousin's, all went there - saw them play Penn State, Cotton Bowl about 73'.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on June 04, 2014, 11:02:27 am

I know - Hog Fans don't realize there is a whole nother world out there, where football fans can observe and say positive things about different teams without being some kind of traitor. lol  I need to learn more about Auburn - I like that Malzahn Coach - he's going to win wherever he goes.  I guess the closest connection to a DI team, I have, would be Baylor.  Uncles, Aunt's, Cousin's, all went there - saw them play Penn State, Cotton Bowl about 73'.

Son, we're in the SEC, we read the morning police blotter's, keep up with recruiting, and who has a hang nail for a our opponents, we just don't write about them unless they are favorable. Just like you keep up with Tech, UAM, SAU, etc....

Fatfullback

So you was about a fifth-grader then.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Fatfullback on June 04, 2014, 03:33:12 pm

and so was his fat buddy

Fatfullback

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 04, 2014, 03:39:10 pm
Quote from: Fatfullback on June 04, 2014, 03:33:12 pm

and so was his fat buddy
Was his buddy pretty fat?

Valleysports

Ha ha - dang going to have to change my name!  Now you have to understand, I take on the role of Devils Advocate, quiet often on Fearless.  Go Hogs WPS!

Valleysports

QuoteThe San Antonio Express-News reported the Aggies have lost five of the 15 four-star prospects signed in the 2013 recruiting class.

Two steps forward - 1 step back!  A&M might go winless this year  :)

Valleysports

I'm downgrading A&M's Perfect Storm to just Storm::)

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Texas A&M defensive lineman Gavin Stansbury has left the team to focus on what coach Kevin Sumlin calls "personal issues."

Sumlin also confirmed in a statement that freshman defensive back Victor Davis has been suspended from the team after his recent arrest in his hometown of Rosenberg on a shoplifting charge.

Hoghead

Quote from: Valleysports on July 22, 2014, 10:49:08 am
I'm downgrading A&M's Perfect Storm to just Storm::)

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Texas A&M defensive lineman Gavin Stansbury has left the team to focus on what coach Kevin Sumlin calls "personal issues."

Sumlin also confirmed in a statement that freshman defensive back Victor Davis has been suspended from the team after his recent arrest in his hometown of Rosenberg on a shoplifting charge.

Dumb Aggies ! Noting has changed since the 70's ! Emory Ballard, Jackie Sherrill, R.C. Slocomb......It makes no difference who's at A&M the Aggies will mess it up !

Valleysports

Sumlin would never make it at Florida State.
"Jameis Winston cited for Shoplifting - This is Winston's fourth incident in the last 18 months involving law enforcement. He was not charged or arrested in any of the cases, including a rape case."
They're going to be a couple years out anyway - might as well try to lay a foundation.

Hoghead

Sumlin better hold on tight at A&M, its about to get tough in Aggieland.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Valleysports on July 23, 2014, 10:44:06 am
"Jameis Winston cited for Shoplifting - This is Winston's fourth incident in the last 18 months involving law enforcement. He was not charged or arrested in any of the cases, including a rape case."

Dumb kid needs to grow up.

ricepig

Lots of kids are trying real hard to become an Auburn lock.

Uncle Ivan

Furthermore, the po-po and the prosecutors need to stop letting him get off without any outside-football repercussions besides the public attention.  Once or twice, perhaps.  Four times?  No.

Let him sit in county lockup for a few days.  Might open his eyes.

Big Fan

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 24, 2014, 03:16:48 pm
I doubt it....You can take the thug out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the thug. 

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Big Fan on July 24, 2014, 06:28:43 pm
I doubt it....You can take the thug out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the thug. 

Or let him discover that he's not a thug, and correct his attitude.

DogsWin7

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 03, 2014, 02:02:56 pm
If we go by history then arkansas will never be sec champs

Why so negative?? 

Everyday is a new day.     You live in Arkansas....at least show a little support...it's a new year.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 24, 2014, 06:51:17 pm

And that he has been given a chance to get his life on track and try to make the best of it....learn from his mistakes.   There's a thought.

Big Fan

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 24, 2014, 06:51:17 pm

Would have never taken you for a liberal. 

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Big Fan on July 24, 2014, 09:05:58 pm

No, merely experienced from seeing it in person enough times.  As a talented athlete, Winston's probably never heard the word "no".  An attitude adjustment would do good for him, I think.

Big Fan

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 25, 2014, 04:05:18 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on July 24, 2014, 09:05:58 pm

No, merely experienced from seeing it in person enough times.  As a talented politician, Obama's probably never heard the word "no".  An attitude adjustment would do good for him, I think.
fify

Valleysports

Texas football coach Charlie Strong has kicked at least six players off the team since becoming coach, in addition to suspending two Longhorns players Thursday after they were arrested on charges of sexual assault.

Safety Josh Turner, running back Jalen Overstreet and defensive back Chevoski Collins have been dismissed from the program for violating team rules, multiple sources told ESPN.com on Friday.

Senior running back Joe Bergeronwas also dismissed from the program, according to Orangebloods.com and multiple media outlets Friday.

ricepig

I think aTm, Texsa, and Georgia may play 7 on 7 this fall, due to roster depletion.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Big Fan on July 25, 2014, 09:50:47 pm
As a talented politician, Obama's probably never heard the word "no".

I said this word for word in a conversation the other day.

Quote from: Valleysports on July 25, 2014, 11:28:28 pm
Texas football coach Charlie Strong has kicked at least six players off the team since becoming coach, in addition to suspending two Longhorns players Thursday after they were arrested on charges of sexual assault.

Safety Josh Turner, running back Jalen Overstreet and defensive back Chevoski Collins have been dismissed from the program for violating team rules, multiple sources told ESPN.com on Friday.

Senior running back Joe Bergeronwas also dismissed from the program, according to Orangebloods.com and multiple media outlets Friday.

Texas has been a spoiled, entitled team in recent years under Brown.  Strong's discipline will do them well down the road.

mack

Quote from: Russ PhD on May 13, 2014, 10:57:48 pm
Ok. I spent five years in Aggieland getting two grad degrees, but I don't think I can match Valley's enthusiasm.

Here are my thoughts on a few things:

(1) 41-26-3. This is the historical advantage of the Hogs over A&M.
    A. During the 1946-1970 (A&M was still all male with required ROTC for this period), the Hogs were 18-5-2 (+13). This period accounts for any historical advantage that Arkansas has.
    B. If you truly believe that the A&M today is the same as the A&M of the 40's, 50's, and 60's, then you are out of touch. It has over 50,000 students on campus today. There were slightly over 10,000 in 1970. The population base for recruiting good football players is HUGE compared to the Hogs.

(2) About 5 years ago (if old posts hang around that long), I posted that I would be surprised if either team had more than 6 wins in the Southwest Classic after 10 years. I am not sure I believe that anymore.
    A. Whether you understand the politics of it or not, A&M was under the thumb of the 'horns while they were connected in an athletic conference. As Hog fans, you KNOW how crooked the officiating and league officials are with respect to the 'horns. That was just SOP for conferences that were "graced" by the goodness of God to have Texas with them.
    B. Now that A&M has stepped into the SEC, the potential of the university is no longer held back by a lying, cheating, ... Texas athletic department and administration.

(3) The OL talent at A&M is STILL there.
    A. Cedric Ogbuehi is currently projected as the top OT for the 2015 draft (http://nfl.si.com/2014/05/13/2015-nfl-mock-draft-cedric-ogbuehi/).
    B. Mike Mathews will be an NFL 1st rounder in 2 years (son of HOF Bruce Mathews, younger brother of 2 NFL OL - Kevin and Jake).
    C. The top JC OL Jermaine Eluemunor decommitted from the Hogs and went through spring practice with the Ags.
    D. A couple of top HS signed with the Ags in February.

(4) There is plenty of QB talent at A&M and Sumlin's offense knows how to use them.
    A. Kenny Hill is a dual threat and was highly recruited by every school in this region.
    B. Kyle Allen was the #1 pro-style QB in 2014 and was early enrolled. He looked outstanding in spring practice - which caused the RS Sr QB to transfer.

(5) There are plenty of WR at A&M. Don't kid yourself that Mike Evans was a one-man band.

(6) A&M signed the top defensive player in the country (Miles Garrett) in February and defense has been the focus of recruiting the last 2 years by Sumlin and his staff.

(7) Sumlin decided to take his lumps on defense and red-shirted 2 DL this fall. They were in camp and much bigger and stronger during spring drills.

ON the Hog front, you have Bert Bielema now discussing a 5-yr plan (like the old Soviet Union). I learn toward the Ags having more success over the next couple of years than the Hogs. However, I will admit to being a homer who just outlined 7 reasons for it.

That was about like trying to read every book in Game of Thrones. 

History is more compelling than your theorizing.  History will soon be repeating itself with us beating TAM more often than we lose to them. 

Valleysports

I think it's more like Central High or Little Rock Football, in Arkansas, history don't mean &^%$^%.  LOL

Hoghead

Quote from: Valleysports on July 27, 2014, 07:37:21 pm
I think it's more like Central High or Little Rock Football, in Arkansas, history don't mean &^%$^%.  LOL

It's relevent with you it seems. So what are you denying about LR Central in its glory years of championships ? They are clearly more relevent than Aggie Football.

rougarou

July 28, 2014, 04:37:28 am #135 Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 04:48:13 am by rougarou
You tell him Pops!

mack

Ah, weedhopper, you look, but you do not see. 

Infrastructure and community support disappeared from LRC many years back.  Prior to that they had it all.   They are not what they were.  TAM and Arkansas are who we thought they were, and will continue to be [sort of paraphrasing Dennis Erickson].  Both will have ups and downs, with no SEC championships in the near future.  We'll start dominating them again starting this year.

Valleysports

Quote from: mack on July 28, 2014, 08:14:22 am

Ah, weedhopper, you look, but you do not see. 

Infrastructure and community support disappeared from LRC many years back.  Prior to that they had it all.   They are not what they were.  TAM and Arkansas are who we thought they were, and will continue to be [sort of paraphrasing Dennis Erickson].  Both will have ups and downs, with no SEC championships in the near future.  We'll start dominating them again starting this year.

Thank you - History doesn't win games - infrastructure, support, recruiting, coaching, win games.

QuoteHistory is more compelling than your theorizing.  History will soon be repeating itself with us beating TAM more often than we lose to them.

A&M's infrastructure, support, etc.., changed significantly, when they became - The only SEC Team in Texas.

ricepig

They've recruited more 4* & 5* thugs they've had to dismiss, is that the change?

AirWarren

I bought into the A&m hype early. However, with the sinking ship that is in Texas Longhorn football, I fully suspect the gaggies to fold in the SEC pretty soon. Especially with the departure of Johnny Doucherr in Cleveland cancerizing that program.

Hoghead

How do you cancerize the Cleveland Browns ? They've been a 50 year tire fire in the NFL ! LOL !!!

Valleysports

July 28, 2014, 12:28:37 pm #141 Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 12:32:02 pm by Valleysports
Well I wouldn't expect anything but irrationalism from the Hog Farm, on an Arkansas Forum.   ;D.  Yes ricepig, recruiting a dozen more 4* & 5*, each class - cutting 3 or 4 is a huge change.  Otherwise they'd be the same as Arkansas  - imagine those 75%, 5*, non thugs, going to Arkansas every season.  You just told me this is why Malzahn wins at Auburn. 

AW - one of the best things for A&M, is the Longhorn sinking ship.  A&M isn't even having to recruit - potential Longhorns are going Aggie.  Y'all better beat A&M, while you got a shot - otherwise history might continue to look like Texas High vs Texarkana High.

Hoghead

With all that Talent in Texas its amazing that since 1969 The Longhorns won only one National Championship ? A&M hasn't won anything in the same time frame. Texas went 36 years and a bucket full of coaches before Mac Brown fell face first into a Title. The Aggies will fire Sumlin in 3 years as mediocrity and Arkansas kicks them into the SEC Cellar ! The Hogs own Texas A&M !

Valleysports

Quote from: Hoghead on July 28, 2014, 12:42:35 pm
With all that Talent in Texas its amazing that since 1969 The Longhorns won only one National Championship ? A&M hasn't won anything in the same time frame. Texas went 36 years and a bucket full of coaches before Mac Brown fell face first into a Title. The Aggies will fire Sumlin in 3 years as mediocrity and Arkansas kicks them into the SEC Cellar ! The Hogs own Texas A&M !

Ha ha - you old farts sure live in the past...  I get it though, history victories, moral victories, forum victories, got to take what you can get.  Didn't you see the warning - past performance is no indication of future earnings?  FYI - Arkansas got to get out of the cellar before they can kick someone into it.  0-8 Hog Fans talking smack!   ;D

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on July 28, 2014, 01:12:43 pm

Ha ha - you old farts sure live in the past...  I get it though, history victories, moral victories, forum victories, got to take what you can get.  Didn't you see the warning - past performance is no indication of future earnings?  FYI - Arkansas got to get out of the cellar before they can kick someone into it.  0-8 Hog Fans talking smack!   ;D

If they're such a top notch program, why are they picked in the cellar with us? Why, because they're Aggies, that's why, haha.

mack

Just don't duck and hide when we kick TAMs behind.  You're a big old boy.  You need to stand up and take your medicine like a man.  They'll be plenty of doctors on call to give it to you.  Dr. Mack is taking new patients now......

Hoghead

Well the Aggies Future is 15 games behind the Hogs in the 70 game series. The Hogs lead it 41-26-3. The Aggies were kicked to sleep by the Hogs in the SWC. The Hogs will continue to own the Aggies !

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Hoghead on July 28, 2014, 12:28:18 pm
How do you cancerize the Cleveland Browns ? They've been a 50 year tire fire in the NFL ! LOL !!!

Actually the old Cleveland Browns franchise is in Baltimore and recently won a super bowl.

Hoghead

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:51:26 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on July 28, 2014, 12:28:18 pm

Actually the old Cleveland Browns franchise is in Baltimore and recently won a super bowl.
True....Jim Brown won one NFL Title in Cleveland as well. Other than the Brian Sipe and Bernie Kosar Browns after the good Jim Brown teams, Cleveland has been one big sink hole of worthless Brown Teams.

AirWarren

Quote from: Hoghead on July 28, 2014, 02:35:43 pm

Well the Aggies Future is 15 games behind the Hogs in the 70 game series. The Hogs lead it 41-26-3. The Aggies were kicked to sleep by the Hogs in the SWC. The Hogs will continue to own the Aggies !

The hogs will continue to slap the aggies to sleep. Bank on it!

Valley, I would be the slightest bit worried if the series wasn't already 41-26-3 in the HOGS favor! Pistol whip history by a mediocre SEC school. Those slappies in college station led by head slappy sumlin better pick it up a notch, :D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas