• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A&M's Perfect Storm

Started by Valleysports, May 11, 2014, 12:02:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DogsWin7

I was told I could get cheaper tickets for a small donation of $500.   Then they could place me some where on the lower section.    Never knew what my parents paid for the nicer seats when I was a kid.   Makes me more appreciative but you see the game, and can still cheer on the Hogs!   My son loves it! 

Valleysports

Quote from: mack on August 05, 2014, 07:37:48 am
Exactly...........  TV money!  Ticket prices should stay affordable so the average fan can see a game every now and then.  With all the TV money, SEC network  etc, etc., I would think the ticket prices should stay as they are.

Very good point Mack - with each team getting a $20 million dividend from the SEC, tickets could be leveled at an affordable price for those of us who are just trying to keep the family fed. 

I have noticed that FF Posters', attending Razorback games, tend to think the refs miss a lot of calls (like every one that goes against the Hog's).  Kinda like the TV slow motion replays.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Valleysports on August 05, 2014, 02:06:58 pm
Exactly...........  TV money!  Ticket prices should stay affordable so the average fan can see a game every now and then.  With all the TV money, SEC network  etc, etc., I would think the ticket prices should stay as they are.

Very good point Mack - with each team getting a $20 million dividend from the SEC, tickets could be leveled at an affordable price for those of us who are just trying to keep the family fed. 

I have noticed that FF Posters', attending Razorback games, tend to think the refs miss a lot of calls (like every one that goes against the Hog's).  Kinda like the TV slow motion replays.
It's hilarious when a blind fan gripes about a good call on the field. now, there have been some bad ones too, Florida game for the personal foul comes to mind.

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 05, 2014, 02:47:22 pm

It's hilarious when a blind fan gripes about a good call on the field. now, there have been some bad ones too, Florida game for the personal foul comes to mind.

2009 was a tough year on calls, someone has as their avitar a screenshot of the LSU game where we clearly tackled their WR in bounds. In fact, he was 3 yards in bounds, needless to say they kicked a FG to send it to OT where we lost, by missing a winning FG.

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2014, 09:35:08 amYou get your info from talk radio, explains a lot.

I'm listening to "The Buzz" - in the Zone, right now, ricepig.  A guy just called in, said he's been watching the Hogs' since 1957.  He commented on Jeff Long being the chairman of the ranking committee.  Should I turn this station off?  If you don't listen to the radio and the Hog Fans who call in are wrong, where do you stay up on what's happening?  I certainly don't want to be led a stray - I want to tune in to your sources.  How does a true fan, such as yourself, stay so knowledgeable?

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 06, 2014, 11:50:36 am
Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2014, 09:35:08 amYou get your info from talk radio, explains a lot.

I'm listening to "The Buzz" - in the Zone, right now, ricepig.  A guy just called in, said he's been watching the Hogs' since 1957.  He commented on Jeff Long being the chairman of the ranking committee.  Should I turn this station off?  If you don't listen to the radio and the Hog Fans who call in are wrong, where do you stay up on what's happening?  I certainly don't want to be led a stray - I want to tune in to your sources.  How does a true fan, such as yourself, stay so knowledgeable?

You can listen if you wish, I would take everything they say with a grain of salt. I read message boards, several, I talk to former players, several, and I talk to people on campus.

mack

I'm just like every other homer on here.  I rail against all calls that go against us.  About 90% of the time, the replay shows I was wrong.  That's just human nature for many of us.  There have been some pretty egregious ones in the past, the worst being the Florida game where our d-back was mauled by the FL wide receiver that probably cost us the game.  Interestingly enough, there have been a couple times that officials, or teams of officials, were grounded after making sorry calls on us.  Homer griping aside, I have rarely found that a blown call cost us a game. 

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on August 06, 2014, 11:53:45 am
You can listen if you wish, I would take everything they say with a grain of salt. I read message boards, several, I talk to former players, several, and I talk to people on campus.

Well us common folk don't have the option to walk around campus talking to people and former students.  Don't you ever second guess me again - Obama!

Breitontime

Quote from: mack on August 06, 2014, 12:46:24 pm

I'm just like every other homer on here.  I rail against all calls that go against us.  About 90% of the time, the replay shows I was wrong.  That's just human nature for many of us.  There have been some pretty egregious ones in the past, the worst being the Florida game where our d-back was mauled by the FL wide receiver that probably cost us the game.  Interestingly enough, there have been a couple times that officials, or teams of officials, were grounded after making sorry calls on us.  Homer griping aside, I have rarely found that a blown call cost us a game.
I was at that game in Gainsville. Good game. Oddly enough, growing up in Arkansas, it was the first Hog game I had been to. Though, I went with a group of friends who were UF students.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 06, 2014, 01:23:19 pm
Quote from: ricepig on August 06, 2014, 11:53:45 am

Well us common folk don't have the option to walk around campus talking to people and former students.  Don't you ever second guess me again - Obama!

Obama?? Dude, I was voting for Republicans when you were still on the teet.

Valleysports

Then you should recognize how your recent post resemble Obama  telling Israel they were wrong, and should withdraw. 

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 06, 2014, 04:21:57 pm
Then you should recognize how your recent post resemble Obama  telling Israel they were wrong, and should withdraw.

Stick to Facebook, you probably go over on it better......

Valleysports

That probably flew past you because you don't listen to the radio! lol

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 06, 2014, 04:36:29 pm
That probably flew past you because you don't listen to the radio! lol

Nah, just satellite radio while I watch CNBC during the day. I tend not to listen to Obama anyway, kind of like you, blah blah blah......

Valleysports

It was on CNBC for several days - my home channel as well.  Did you drop DE yet?

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 06, 2014, 06:11:42 pm
It was on CNBC for several days - my home channel as well.  Did you drop DE yet?

I guess I'm lost, DE??

Lions84

History says TAMU goes up and falls hard and I expect it to happen again.

Valleysports

NOOOOOOOOOOO - Not history again AGAIN.   ;D

mack

Quote from: Valleysports on August 06, 2014, 08:19:59 pm
NOOOOOOOOOOO - Not history again AGAIN.   ;D

Ah,,,,,,you cannot escape the clutches of history..........

Valleysports

Sumlin coached Breeze, Bradford, Keenum, Manziel.  He now has Kenny Hill (Soph), Kyle Allen (Fresh), Ty Murray (2015), on the same team - better be building that storm shelter!  ;)

mack

Quote from: Valleysports on August 07, 2014, 09:36:31 am
Sumlin coached Breeze, Bradford, Keenum, Manziel.  He now has Kenny Hill (Soph), Kyle Allen (Fresh), Ty Murray (2015), on the same team - better be building that storm shelter!  ;)

With the linemen that CBB is going to continue to get, we could have ricepig at QB, you and me at the RB positions, and kill folks.  TAM included :-)

ricepig

Quote from: mack on August 07, 2014, 12:20:15 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on August 07, 2014, 09:36:31 am

With the linemen that CBB is going to continue to get, we could have ricepig at QB, you and me at the RB positions, and kill folks.  TAM included :-)

I do throw a nice dying quail.

Valleysports

I have a feeling you'd be changing the coaches calls a lot.
Oh DE - Deere?

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 07, 2014, 03:56:51 pm
I have a feeling you'd be changing the coaches calls a lot.
Oh DE - Deere?

Ok, wasn't thinking of stocks, but yeah, I don't sell for the most point. I'm in from the 20's, so I don't worry about it. I tend to buy and leave them alone. I trade options on stuff I want to be in and out. I like listening to the Najarian brothers and Fast Money for info.

ricepig

Valley, if aTm actually has a D, they will be better than expected.

AirWarren

South Carolina looks bad.

cuckoobird

aTm looks mighty good right now

DogsWin7

Quote from: ricepig on August 28, 2014, 05:23:05 pm
Don't encourage him and his Texas antics! lol :)

ricepig

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 28, 2014, 05:34:30 pm
Quote from: ricepig on August 28, 2014, 05:23:05 pm
Don't encourage him and his Texas antics! lol :)

Dang, maybe BG will bant him soon, lol......

AirWarren

Love the state. Hate their teams.

South Carolina seems to be getting it together a bit.

fastdrop

Who needs a good defense when you score at will. Petrino taught the state of Arkansas that but folks have short memories.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on August 28, 2014, 07:04:21 pm
Who needs a good defense when you score at will. Petrino taught the state of Arkansas that but folks have short memories.

What difference is a 50-42 loss from a 21-13 loss?

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on August 28, 2014, 07:07:51 pm

I honestly hope you guys win a bunch of 21 -13 wins this year ... next year or the year after. I don't see it. The college game has moved on.

cotnhauler

I hope all these high powered college football experts are as bad wrong about our game as they have been about this one. SC ain't gettin back in this one. This aTm bunch is more of a team than they were the last 2 years.

fastdrop

Either the Aggies are GREAT or South Carolina is awful.

AirWarren

Quote from: fastdrop on August 28, 2014, 07:20:07 pm
Either the Aggies are GREAT or South Carolina is awful.

This.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on August 28, 2014, 07:12:34 pm
Quote from: ricepig on August 28, 2014, 07:07:51 pm

I honestly hope you guys win a bunch of 21 -13 wins this year ... next year or the year after. I don't see it. The college game has moved on.

Everything in cycles, Bielema will want to run more than pass, but as he gets more WR's and other skill people, he'll open it up more.

cuckoobird

Keep razorback talk in the hog threads. This is your last warning

cuckoobird

A&m is better than last year with a better defense too

bleudog

August 28, 2014, 08:26:51 pm #239 Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:31:07 pm by bleudog
Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel:  "Just a word of warning that A&M's next 4 opponents are Lamar, Rice, SMU and Arkansas."

Rulesman

Quote from: AirWarren on August 28, 2014, 05:28:02 pm
South Carolina looks bad.
Ole Miss looks worse. Really surprised at how undisciplined they are playing.

AirWarren

Not impressed with ole miss either.

AirWarren

Those Boise uniforms are looking sharp.

Big Fan

AirWarren

AirWarren

Breitontime

To all the fool's that A&M was Johnny flippin Football. Lolz. Another ing down on the latter for the home state team.

Rulesman

Quote from: AirWarren on August 28, 2014, 09:22:38 pm
Those Boise uniforms are looking sharp.
Got to have something to counteract that ugly home turf.

Rulesman

Quote from: AirWarren on August 28, 2014, 11:30:20 pm
Vandy looks disheveled.
Someone stayed up to watch that one? Stat sheet shows it ended at 1:14 a.m. zzzzzzzzzz..................

AirWarren

I fell asleep. The James franklin machine ended at Vandy.

Temple....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas