• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A&M's Perfect Storm

Started by Valleysports, May 11, 2014, 12:02:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: Hoghead on July 28, 2014, 12:28:18 pm
How do you cancerize the Cleveland Browns ? They've been a 50 year tire fire in the NFL ! LOL !!!

Very true. Kid is still a punk though.

phdefense

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:51:26 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on July 28, 2014, 12:28:18 pm
How do you cancerize the Cleveland Browns ? They've been a 50 year tire fire in the NFL ! LOL !!!

Actually the old Cleveland Browns franchise is in Baltimore and recently won a super bowl.
Proof that if you take the Browns out of Cleveland, you can take the Cleveland out of the Browns.

Valleysports

Quote from: Hoghead on July 28, 2014, 02:35:43 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on July 28, 2014, 01:12:43 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on July 28, 2014, 12:42:35 pm
With all that Talent in Texas its amazing that since 1969 The Longhorns won only one National Championship ? A&M hasn't won anything in the same time frame. Texas went 36 years and a bucket full of coaches before Mac Brown fell face first into a Title. The Aggies will fire Sumlin in 3 years as mediocrity and Arkansas kicks them into the SEC Cellar ! The Hogs own Texas A&M !

Ha ha - you old farts sure live in the past...  I get it though, history victories, moral victories, forum victories, got to take what you can get.  Didn't you see the warning - past performance is no indication of future earnings?  FYI - Arkansas got to get out of the cellar before they can kick someone into it.  0-8 Hog Fans talking smack!   ;D
Well the Aggies Future is 15 games behind the Hogs in the 70 game series. The Hogs lead it 41-26-3. The Aggies were kicked to sleep by the Hogs in the SWC. The Hogs will continue to own the Aggies !

How many games does Bentonville High trail South Side?  Bentonville was kicked to sleep in the 5A.  The Rebels will continue to own the Tigers! 

Mack you know I've never had problems eating Crow, been wondering what it taste like anyway.  A true football program isn't built over night - they've been getting all that infrastructure in place (Johnny was fun), now they're building a foundation (players & stadium), they'll either be a Top 5 or the most underperforming college team in the near future.  Time line - A&M's program will rise, in step, with their freshman QB (Kyle Allen) - even if he isn't the starter this year.   

Quote from: ricepig on July 28, 2014, 01:21:18 pm
If they're such a top notch program, why are they picked in the cellar with us? Why, because they're Aggies, that's why, haha.

Playing Stupid isn't becoming to you ricepig - stay with 5 star thugs or past history, but leave the clueless act somewhere on the 4A Board.

ricepig

You mean top 5 teams just don't reload? I don't see where Bama is picked at the bottom, or FSU, or LSU. When they do something more than a one year wonder, I mean, we at least had two, then I'll agree with you.

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on July 28, 2014, 07:50:58 pm
You mean top 5 teams just don't reload? I don't see where Bama is picked at the bottom, or FSU, or LSU. When they do something more than a one year wonder, I mean, we at least had two, then I'll agree with you.

You aren't going to give the act up are you? 

Oh they've reloaded alright - best freshman class ever!  4 yrs from now, when they reload, they won't be relying on a freshmen class for the next season.  It'll be the 2016 (top 5) class and 2017 (top 5) class carrying the load - that's when you'll realize the balance has shifted. Just give it time - honestly 4 yrs. 

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on July 28, 2014, 08:15:12 pm

Oh they've reloaded alright - best freshman class ever!  4 yrs from now, when they reload, they won't be relying on a freshmen class for the next season.  It'll be the 2016 (top 5) class and 2017 (top 5) class carrying the load - that's when you'll realize the balance has shifted. Just give it time - honestly 4 yrs.

Oh, ok, now it's give it 4 years......I guess we'll have time to discuss other subjects in these 4 years.

Valleysports

When have I ever said anything less (c'mon RP) - Two to three years to be in the thick of it - four years to be a team comparable to Alabama. It's you who moves the goal post - in one post you write Top Notch Program, the next you're talking about .500 in the SEC, the next simply beating the Hog's.  Yep we definitely have time to discuss other programs - Rome wasn't built in a day.  LOL

Hoghead

So you figure these 18 year olds can stay out of trouble ? Then make a run for a National Title by the time they're 22 ? Only vaunted programs who know how to cheat can pull this off. Miami, Okalhoma, FSU, Bama & Auburn can do it. The Aggies ? NOOOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAAAAAY ! They'll tell on themselves, rob a liquor store, ATM theft and Arson at Bob's Burger Bar, Late Night beat downs at the dorm and frat fights will stop all of the Aggies run to being great ! Watch this Sea Pig outfit drown !!!

Valleysports

See that Ricepig?  Hoghead makes a much better case than claiming you don't understand how picking an All Star Team four years, in a row, will make a difference!  Ha ha  Silly Hog Fans!

mack

Quote from: Hoghead on July 28, 2014, 11:43:57 pm

So you figure these 18 year olds can stay out of trouble ? Then make a run for a National Title by the time they're 22 ? Only vaunted programs who know how to cheat can pull this off. Miami, Okalhoma, FSU, Bama & Auburn can do it. The Aggies ? NOOOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAAAAAY ! They'll tell on themselves, rob a liquor store, ATM theft and Arson at Bob's Burger Bar, Late Night beat downs at the dorm and frat fights will stop all of the Aggies run to being great ! Watch this Sea Pig outfit drown !!!

Actually Hoghead, pigs can swim very well.  My wife and I swam with some off a tiny Carribean island called Staniel Cay...................

http://youtu.be/Dh87n0TXcgw

Hoghead

Cool Valley , but a Sea Pig outfit is Navy Airedale talk for a messed up squadron that can't fly !

cuckoobird

Description seams to fit our offense

Valleysports

Quote from: Hoghead on July 29, 2014, 04:12:38 pm
Cool Valley , but a Sea Pig outfit is Navy Airedale talk for a messed up squadron that can't fly !

Well anyway - A&M's living Fat off the Hog's, since coming to the SEC!

mack

Quote from: Valleysports on July 30, 2014, 12:15:47 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on July 29, 2014, 04:12:38 pm

Well anyway - A&M's living Fat off the Hog's, since coming to the SEC!

And that's been what, two years.....   :-)

Actually, Manziel was the one feasting.  Let's see how they do without him.

Valleysports

This is a whole lot bigger than Manziel - A&M was supposed to struggle for the first few years in the SEC.  Manziel was just a catalyst who kicked off what will become known as one of the greatest ...........  and second thought, I'm going to make you wait for "the rest of the story".

mack

Quote from: Valleysports on July 30, 2014, 09:35:01 pm
This is a whole lot bigger than Manziel - A&M was supposed to struggle for the first few years in the SEC.  Manziel was just a catalyst who kicked off what will become known as one of the greatest ...........  and second thought, I'm going to make you wait for "the rest of the story".

I am going to own everything you got when we start betting this year :-)

Valleysports

July 31, 2014, 09:56:49 pm #166 Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:22:15 pm by Valleysports
Ha ha - well I reckon you need a little help paying that new house off.  I see you trying to hedge "this year" in there.   ::) 

mack

Quote from: Valleysports on July 31, 2014, 09:56:49 pm
Ha ha - well I reckon you need a little help paying that new house off.  I see you trying to hedge "this year" in there.   ::) 

Actually, I'm mainly after the rights to all your crappie holes,,,, the rest will just be gravy!

Valleysports

Uncle Ivan

From watching the Duke-A&M game tonight, it looked like the zebras really bailed Aggy out on Duke's last drive.

Valleysports

The Aggie Football Team will be introduced to a state-of-the-art headquarters and locker room, part of an ongoing $16 million renovation of the Bright Complex (separate from the $450 million renovation of Kyle Field).

Is college football bringing in that much money?  Seems a bit a excessive.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Valleysports on August 03, 2014, 04:33:18 pm
The Aggie Football Team will be introduced to a state-of-the-art headquarters and locker room, part of an ongoing $16 million renovation of the Bright Complex (separate from the $450 million renovation of Kyle Field).

Is college football bringing in that much money?  Seems a bit a excessive.

Aggy has stupid money.  Has for a long time.

Rulesman

Is college football bringing in that much money?
What rock have you been living under?

Russ PhD

Just a note an A&M's alumni base...

In 1970, the enrollment was ~14,000. Today, it is close 59,000 with a projected growth to around 75,000 students by about 2030. The number of living former students is growing at a fast pace (already around 350,000), and the number of Aggies reaching their peak earning years has not leveled out yet. The funding for the $450 million expansion has been pledged already and a significant portion has been collected. So, I don't know if there is that much money for some college football programs, but the Ags are taking out their checkbooks.

AirWarren

Quote from: Russ PhD on August 03, 2014, 10:24:11 pm
Just a note an A&M's alumni base...

In 1970, the enrollment was ~14,000. Today, it is close 59,000 with a projected growth to around 75,000 students by about 2030. The number of living former students is growing at a fast pace (already around 350,000), and the number of Aggies reaching their peak earning years has not leveled out yet. The funding for the $450 million expansion has been pledged already and a significant portion has been collected. So, I don't know if there is that much money for some college football programs, but the Ags are taking out their checkbooks.

Texas oil money>Walmart/Tyson/Jb hunt money

Valleysports

Quote from: Rulesman on August 03, 2014, 09:33:12 pm

I didn't ask if the Aggie's could pay for it, I asked - Rulesman - if college football brings in that much money!
Aggie's play 6 games, at Kyle Field, per year - how long will it take to recover $500 million while at the same
time covering current budget and the other sports?  If the answer is that the Alumni cover it and a monetary
return on investment isn't part of the equation - then just say so.  I hear a lot of complaining, coming from the
Hog Pen, every time ticket prices are increased to help with a couple million $ project.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 04, 2014, 05:11:44 am

I didn't ask if the Aggie's could pay for it, I asked - Rulesman - if college football brings in that much money!
Aggie's play 6 games, at Kyle Field, per year - how long will it take to recover $500 million while at the same
time covering current budget and the other sports?  If the answer is that the Alumni cover it and a monetary
return on investment isn't part of the equation - then just say so.  I hear a lot of complaining, coming from the
Hog Pen, every time ticket prices are increased to help with a couple million $ project.

We, Arkansas, have some of the cheapest, middle of the pack, tickets in the SEC. We haven't raised prices since 2010, so, now when have you heard someone complain? Your shtick is getting old and stale, but I guess that's you.

Rulesman

Quote from: Valleysports on August 04, 2014, 05:11:44 am

Look at the revenue sharing the conferences get from the TV contracts to answer your question. Oh, and don't forget seat licenses and big donor suites. How's that rock this morning?

Valleysports

August 04, 2014, 09:18:34 am #181 Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 09:32:13 am by Valleysports
Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2014, 06:30:10 am
We, Arkansas, have some of the cheapest, middle of the pack, tickets in the SEC. We haven't raised prices since 2010, so, now when have you heard someone complain? Your shtick is getting old and stale, but I guess that's you.

I didn't say anything about the price of your seats - I said I hear the whining, from Arkansas Fans, and it's been more recent than 2010.  I hear it on Drive by Radio or whatever it's called, the one Matt Jones is on.  It was an every day discussion the last time there was even talk of raising ticket prices.  Does that embarrass you or something?  Why you got to start throwing personal insults?  There's no need for that kind of behavior Ricepig.  :-\

Valleysports

August 04, 2014, 09:30:54 am #182 Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 09:34:33 am by Valleysports
Quote from: Rulesman on August 04, 2014, 07:52:41 am
Look at the revenue sharing the conferences get from the TV contracts to answer your question. Oh, and don't forget seat licenses and big donor suites. How's that rock this morning?

Has the A&M Reality sunk in a bit (got under skin), with AirWarren's post showing A&M's Facility. 

I'm fully aware of the SEC sending 20+ million to each team and all.  That's the SEC, how much did Arkansas make off football last year?
This morning I was chatting with an old coach, who told me two of his friends are A&M alumni, right here in Russellville.  One
gives 1 million per year - the other gives a couple million every few years or so.  That's wild!

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 04, 2014, 09:18:34 am

I didn't say anything about the price of your seats - I said I hear the whining, from Arkansas Fans, and it's been more recent than 2010.  I hear it on Drive by Radio or whatever it's called, the one Matt Jones is on.  It was an every day discussion the last time there was even talk of raising ticket prices.  Does that embarrass you or something?  Now Mr. Democrat, why you got to start throwing personal insults?  But then again - that is you!

You get your info from talk radio, explains a lot. A simple search of the internet would have given you the answer, but then you couldn't get a little insult in that way. Shtick is a personal insult, now look who's the Democrat worrying about feelings, haha. I guess I should've said trolling, sorry to hurt your delicate feelings.

Valleysports

August 04, 2014, 09:40:22 am #184 Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 09:50:43 am by Valleysports
Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2014, 09:35:08 am

I didn't say anything about the price of your seats - I said I hear the whining, from Arkansas Fans, and it's been more recent than 2010.  I hear it on Drive by Radio or whatever it's called, the one Matt Jones is on.  It was an every day discussion the last time there was even talk of raising ticket prices.  Does that embarrass you or something?  Now Mr. Democrat, why you got to start throwing personal insults?  But then again - that is you!

You get your info from talk radio, explains a lot. A simple search of the internet would have given you the answer, but then you couldn't get a little insult in that way. Shtick is a personal insult, now look who's the Democrat worrying about feelings, haha. I guess I should've said trolling, sorry to hurt your delicate feelings.

Ha ha my feelings are hurt?  Please continue with your little tantrum!

QuoteYou get your info from talk radio, explains a lot
Well yes - Hog Fans call in to discuss (live) the Hog's all day long.  Perhaps you should tune in? lol

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 04, 2014, 09:40:22 am
Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2014, 09:35:08 am

Ha ha my feelings are hurt?  Please continue with your little tantrum!

Tantrum, nah, just correcting your ignorance, or lack of knowledge on the subject of Arkansas ticket prices.

Valleysports

August 04, 2014, 09:58:33 am #186 Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 10:07:27 am by Valleysports
You're saying that those Hog Fans, calling in, complaining on talk radio ......  don't count?  What?
It's no big deal Ricepig - I wouldn't have mentioned it, off the cuff, if I'd known it was going to
upset you so much.  Have you corrected me or just posted something
about the price of seats?  You're cute when you get upset, but just because you want something to be
a certain way doesn't make it so.   :D 

Valleysports

What were we talking about anyway - yes, the way colleges drop $500 million on athletic upgrades,
just seems a bit much too me - seeing how tuition just keeps going through the roof.

HorseFeathers

Valley if it makes you feel better, I heard the same stuff on multiple call in shows. Of course between that and the people crying about taking OUR games away from Little Rock the call in shows get rather dull during the offseason..

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 04, 2014, 09:58:33 am
You're saying that those Hog Fans, calling in, complaining on talk radio ......  don't count?  What?
It's no big deal Ricepig - I wouldn't have mentioned it, off the cuff, if I'd known it was going to
upset you so much.  Have you corrected me or just posted something
about the price of seats?  You're cute when you get upset, but just because you want something to be
a certain way doesn't make it so.   :D

Ticket prices went from $35 to $45 in 2008, in 2010, they went from $45 to $55 for SEC games and stayed the same for non-cons. A season ticket for the 6 Fayetteville games is $300, or $50 average. There will be 3 SEC games and 3 no-one, do I need to do the math for you?
As far as people calling in to sports shows, well, they have to gripe about something, but ticket prices haven't increased since 2010.

http://archive.thv11.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=99914

ricepig

And to answer your question on $500mil for improvements, yeah, it seems outlandish, but I guess they have the money. Most people are talking about attendance problems, especially the rent a win games, but the TV money is too great to pass up.

RTF

i don't know about 4 years down the road, however, I do think A&M will finish at the bottom of the SEC West this year with the Hogs. (No Manziel=big problems)

DogsWin7

I hope the Aggies lose every freakin game.  I don't care if they have the Taj Mahal.  I didn't like Johnny FB either. 

Valleysports

Quote from: HF on August 04, 2014, 11:02:11 am
Valley if it makes you feel better, I heard the same stuff on multiple call in shows. Of course between that and the people crying about taking OUR games away from Little Rock the call in shows get rather dull during the offseason..

Well I appreciate the fact check - yes it's all along the same lines as taking our games away from Little Rock.
And like I said, I'm wasn't thinking nothing of it - prices go up, I'd think even A&M fans would complain.  Ricepig
is just having one of those days - I said Ark Fans whine about tickets going up, over of a couple million dollars project -
now he's giving me the history of ticket prices and etc....   ;D.  Blame it on AirWarren - that facility impressed even RP.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 04, 2014, 12:12:58 pm
Quote from: HF on August 04, 2014, 11:02:11 am

Well I appreciate the fact check - yes it's all along the same lines as taking our games away from Little Rock.
And like I said, I'm wasn't thinking nothing of it - prices go up, I'd think even A&M fans would complain.  Ricepig
is just having one of those days - I said Ark Fans whine about tickets going up, over of a couple million dollars project -
now he's giving me the history of ticket prices and etc....   ;D.  Blame it on AirWarren - that facility impressed even RP.

Well, I could do as you did and ask for a link, but I figure you to be a somewhat truthful person and took your word on hearing worthless drivel on sports radio. What couple million project have we built that we raised ticket prices over, link??

Valleysports

Quote from: RTF on August 04, 2014, 11:33:43 am
i don't know about 4 years down the road, however, I do think A&M will finish at the bottom of the SEC West this year with the Hogs. (No Manziel=big problems)

I somewhat agree with you RTF - even A&M is expecting a tough season .  There are some future NFL Players
in this freshman class (Manziel's replacement), but the harvest will come with the classes of 2016 & 2017.  Of course a bad season, might
steer some of those verbal commits away.  However it goes down - it's interesting to watch.     

cuckoobird

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 04, 2014, 12:09:01 pm
I hope the Aggies lose every freakin game.  I don't care if they have the Taj Mahal.  I didn't like Johnny FB either.
wait a second, didn't you just post something in the 3a board about people hating on good players? tsk tsk DH

DogsWin7

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 04, 2014, 04:08:22 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 04, 2014, 12:09:01 pm
wait a second, didn't you just post something in the 3a board about people hating on good players? tsk tsk DH
I did say that, and??   I didn't hate on Johnny Manziel....I stated,  I didn't like him.   How's that hating on him and his athletic ability?   

mack

Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2014, 11:10:57 am
And to answer your question on $500mil for improvements, yeah, it seems outlandish, but I guess they have the money. Most people are talking about attendance problems, especially the rent a win games, but the TV money is too great to pass up.

Exactly...........  TV money!  Ticket prices should stay affordable so the average fan can see a game every now and then.  With all the TV money, SEC network  etc, etc., I would think the ticket prices should stay as they are.

ricepig

Quote from: mack on August 05, 2014, 07:37:48 am
Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2014, 11:10:57 am

Exactly...........  TV money!  Ticket prices should stay affordable so the average fan can see a game every now and then.  With all the TV money, SEC network  etc, etc., I would think the ticket prices should stay as they are.

I wish they would lower the ticket prices on all the upper deck seats except the Hog Pen section. Then, I would double the price of our SEC foes, of course they'd do likewise.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas